List Mgmt. Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to know how many of those goals he would have still kicked if he actually made an effort in each pack contest to bring the ball to ground instead of waiting out the back or side, or how many he still would have kicked if he ever expended some energy chasing and putting on some defensive pressure once the opposition got the ball, or how many he still would have kicked if he ever ventured outside the F50 when he was not rucking.

I'd also like to know how many of the rebound goals we conceded over that time when the opposition just sling the ball back over the heads of our exhausted midfielders who worked their asses off to get the ball into the 50 only to see Jenkins barely leave the ground and throw one hand up while the opposition just outmark him yet again and rebound straight away.

Would LOVE to see the +/- differential when you factor those things in.
So your upset because he has figured out a way to score 50 odd goals a year for your team for the last 4 years. But you want him to score those goals a different way?

It's very easy to criticise a player for what they are not. They all have deficiencies, very few perfect players. OK, maybe Sloane and Laird.

Jenkins is valuable for our team structure, and his speed gets us goals. laughable criticism that he kicks too many easy goals. FFS, isn't that what we are trying to do?

sure, he spudded up the GF, no orphan there though.

give the scapegoating/ whipping boy stuff a rest. please.

It's very easy to criticise a player for what they are not. They all have deficiencies, very few perfect players. OK, maybe Sloane and Laird.

Jenkins is valuable for our team structure, and his speed gets us goals. laughable criticism that he kicks too many easy goals. FFS, isn't that what we are trying to do?

sure, he spudded up the GF, no orphan there though.

give the scapegoating/ whipping boy stuff a rest. please.
Yep. Pointless arguing. Done to death.

You either get what a 200cm 100kg forward needs to bring, or you think goalz are awesum, end of.

So my end of season resolution is to pause the Jenkins bagging. No more posting on the subject till he next shits me off shirking a contest.

I'd like to know how many of those goals he would have still kicked if he actually made an effort in each pack contest to bring the ball to ground instead of waiting out the back or side, or how many he still would have kicked if he ever expended some energy chasing and putting on some defensive pressure once the opposition got the ball, or how many he still would have kicked if he ever ventured outside the F50 when he was not rucking.

I'd also like to know how many of the rebound goals we conceded over that time when the opposition just sling the ball back over the heads of our exhausted midfielders who worked their asses off to get the ball into the 50 only to see Jenkins barely leave the ground and throw one hand up while the opposition just outmark him yet again and rebound straight away.

Would LOVE to see the +/- differential when you factor those things in.

I think there are proxy measures that can be used to estimate the answers to just these questions

14th
13th

The coaches have answered your question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, you just named 5 players, none of which play second Ruck.... good call though

Well that’s wrong for a start

And if you hadn’t noticed Jenkins doesn’t play second ruck either

Fact is all Jenkins gives is goals and you wanked about how great that was, when his goals are not valued by people who matter

You value them, and just you

So your upset because he has figured out a way to score 50 odd goals a year for your team for the last 4 years. But you want him to score those goals a different way?

No, my point is he plays like a small forward not a big one. Big forwards can be excused a lack of defensive accountability because they impact contests and open up the game for small ones. Small ones can’t be excused a lack of defensive accountability because they have to provide it in place of the bigger ones but in turn you don’t expect them to crash packs.

Jenkins doesn’t do any of that. He’s a big forward who plays like a small forward but without the defensive accountability, which would be okay if he impacted the contest enough to open up the game for our small forwards, but he doesn’t. He’s somewhere in the middle trying to take the easy way out, and it cost us hugely this year. He doesn’t get forgiven for kicking 25 odd cheap ones to pad out the 15 he actually earned.

Did he break his ribs in his career best 14?

He milked a 2 week injury into an excuse for 7 weeks
Ever hard a Rib injury Breaking the Ribs is quicker to heal than damage to the rib cartilage, Took me about 6weeks before I fully recovered enough to do full training and another 3 weeks before they cleared me medical fit for full duties. And I was super fit when I had the injury.
It affects your breathing and recovery rate,

Ever hard a Rib injury Breaking the Ribs is quicker to heal than damage to the rib cartilage, Took me about 6weeks before I fully recovered enough to do full training and another 3 weeks before they cleared me medical fit for full duties. And I was super fit when I had the injury.
It affects your breathing and recovery rate,

And yet he was cleared to play by the doctors as fit

And yet he was cleared to play by the doctors as fit
Being cleared fit by the Doctor is one thing being fit enough to play is another. The Doctors go on Exrays, Scans etc along with the old push and breath while asking if there is any pain, but they cannot test for recovery time and the effect of the injury when stressed.
Which is why I did not get cleared for full duties even though until I proved myself
I had to run heavy on the beach followed a swim along Swanbourne beach finishing up with a solo obstacle course run. and do it comfortably and regular until they fully cleared me.

Being cleared fit by the Doctor is one thing being fit enough to play is another. The Doctors go on Exrays, Scans etc along with the old push and breath while asking if there is any pain, but they cannot test for recovery time and the effect of the injury when stressed.
Which is why I did not get cleared for full duties even though until I proved myself
I had to run heavy on the beach followed a swim along Swanbourne beach finishing up with a solo obstacle course run. and do it comfortably and regular until they fully cleared me.
Were you based at Campbell Barracks?

Yep, you just named 5 players, none of which play second Ruck.... good call though
Just because he goes into the ruck doesn't mean he can actually do it. He has no impact when he goes into the ruck... hardly wins a tap and takes no marks around the ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back