List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see the trade happening, esp if Carlton are expecting two first round picks (a mid first round and late first round) for Gibbs. No way Crows would fold after not offering that last year. I'd be pissed if we traded anything higher than a late first round pick alone for him.

We are interested. Teams talking behind closed doors, this time away from a public eye working towards a deal. If a deal is close to being done expect to see “Gibbs has officially asked to go home!” talk.

I am quitely confident that it will get done and it won’t be for 2 first round picks.
If its going to happen, its got to be before thw Lever deal. No way do we take thw chance and the blues ask for pick 10. 16 is enough.
The thing is i dont see us doing much else and ww could have 4 top 27 draft picks which will be great

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Flying Doormat what do you sense the 'reasonable trade' is?

Better not be two first rounders
No, not 2 firsts. Would really depend on what the Crows can actually offer, which hangs on what the Dees and Lions part with. Perhaps #10 alone would do it. Maybe 16 and a late 2nd rounder / 3 Rd shuffle

No, not 2 firsts. Would really depend on what the Crows can actually offer, which hangs on what the Dees and Lions part with. Perhaps #10 alone would do it. Maybe 16 and a late 2nd rounder.

Of course 10 alone would do it.
Who in their right mind would demand that let alone offer it up?

No, not 2 firsts. Would really depend on what the Crows can actually offer, which hangs on what the Dees and Lions part with. Perhaps #10 alone would do it. Maybe 16 and a late 2nd rounder / 3 Rd shuffle
I’d do the second one. Maybe not the first, I doubt we’d pass up the opportunity to get a top 10 talent on the list

I can see the second option happening, maybe even using the 2018 draft as the pick shuffle. Just think with pick 10 we might back ourselves in to get the local kid Fogarty because the gun locals next year may already be gone by time we get to call a name*

*Depending of course on which of our players wants to move home closer to his family next year, we might have an earlier pick

Why would we offer an improved deal 12 months down the track? Crows may offer 17 but they wont offer any earlier picks for Bryce.

Or maybe we just tell Carlton to go. take a long walk off a short plank like last time.

The AFC doesn't exist just so Carlton can secure the players they are chasing...

You reckon SOS would be interested in trading our contracted 2nd best player for pick 16 and a late second rounder in an ordinary draft?

I doubt it highly.

You reckon SOS would be interested in trading our contracted 2nd best player for pick 16 and a late second rounder in an ordinary draft?

I doubt it highly.
Top end of this draft (to pick 30-odd) is very good, it’s the depth where it lacks. 16 and 2018 2nd is a good deal for both sides.

But take it or leave it, we’ll happily move on if you say no :)

Not sure why anyone is taking him seriously. Desperate to stay relevant.
We'll agree to disagree on that, he was the one of the too player agents for 30 years before his life went off the rails so he'd still have plenty of contacts, put it this way he'd be getting better info than 99.9% more than some internet guy on Big Footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top end of this draft (to pick 30-odd) is very good, it’s the depth where it lacks. 16 and 2018 2nd is a good deal for both sides.

But take it or leave it, we’ll happily move on if you say no :)

I agree, 16 and an early/mid 2018 2nd is fair. Between pick 22-30.

I agree, 16 and an early/mid 2018 2nd is fair. Between pick 22-30.

You won't be getting a first and a second round pick, stop dreaming. We've been through this discussion over and over........Crows and Blues went through this last year.
Why you dreamers continually keep thinking you're going to get an improved deal on last year defies logic.

If I was a betting man I'd say you won't get/offered much more than an early second round this year.

Thank the lord I'm not stupid enough to give up more this year than last year.
I cannot imagine a universe where a contracted Bryce Gibbs is only worth Pick 20

We are in our premiership window, we need to make worthwhile additions to our 22 who can contribute now. Gibbs/Motlop can help with that. We do also need to get a good young prospect or two in as well, though

I would pretty annoyed if gave pick 10 straight up. Pick 16 and this years second for Gibbs and your 4th, I could live with.

You won't be getting a first and a second round pick, stop dreaming. We've been through this discussion over and over........Crows and Blues went through this last year.
Why you dreamers continually keep thinking you're going to get an improved deal on last year defies logic.

If I was a betting man I'd say you won't get/offered much more than an early second round this year.

Did you see any part of my post where I stated we WILL be getting a first and second? I said a first and second is what's fair.

Just like last year the Crows will miss out as they still can't quite accept that in the real world you have to pay up to get stuff.

I doubt it highly.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahaha

Hahahaha

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back