Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
You would be surprised. But I get your skepticism with all the bs on here. Id say more, but A) you wouldn’t believe me, and B) it would get back to them

No offence, but if it 'got back to them' that's there fault for sharing information.

It's not high school.

But I do agree that people have contacts etc. I've known some bits and bobs about players.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Wasnt that part of the deal for that Bennell guy?

Yeah shocking deal in hind sight that one.
yeah it was.
Actually here was the full run down...

Freo traded picks 16 and 35 for Harley Bennell and pick 22. We then asked for pick 35 back and got pick 55. Freo traded their 2016 2nd rounder, which ended up as pick 21 and pick 61.

For the record, Pick 22 was Darcy Tucker, Pick 35 was Harley Balic and pick 55 was Sam Collins.

This time last year, It looked like a decent trade. Now with Collins being cut and Balic getting traded, I doesn't look good. Collins should of been kept in my honest opinion

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah it was.

Freo traded picks 16 and 35 for Harley Bennell and pick 22. We then asked for pick 35 back and got pick 55. Freo traded their 2016 2nd rounder, which ended up as pick 21 and pick 61.

For the record, Pick 22 was Darcy Tucker, Pick 35 was Harley Balic and pick 55 was Sam Collins.

This time last year, It looked like a decent trade. Now with Collins being cut and Balic getting traded, I doesn't look good. Collins should of been kept in my honest opinion
Could be worse, look at the Dangerfield trade now, Gore and Menzel are delisted, so as of right now they only have Milera to show for that trade. Horrendous trade.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Could be worse, look at the Dangerfield trade now, Gore and Menzel are delisted, so as of right now they only have Milera to show for that trade. Horrendous trade.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
sort of disappointed balic wants to leave. I was hoping freo to get 100-150 games out of Collins. tucker should be a 200 gamer for us

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah it was.

Tucker, Bennell and Nyhuis. Plus any pick that we get for Balic could be considered part of what was gained from the draft. Miles away from the worst trade period we've had.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well im convinced he'll stay at Melbourne now considering his manager yesterday said he'd be there. Take 5 to the draft.

Their b&f is tomorrow night, if we were to hear anything then it shouldn't be before Tuesday which is fortunate because it would hopefully mean the Wilson and Matera trades are done by then.

The nightmare situation is that Hogan asks to come home and all our other endeavours are put on the back burner, opening the door for West Coast to pinch Wilson late and then we can't get a deal done for Hogan. So we are left in the rain.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Their b&f is tomorrow night, if we were to hear anything then it shouldn't be before Tuesday which is fortunate because it would hopefully mean the Wilson and Matera trades are done by then.

The nightmare situation is that Hogan asks to come home and all our other endeavours are put on the back burner, opening the door for West Coast to pinch Wilson late and then we can't get a deal done for Hogan. So we are left in the rain.
Am I right in thinking that if we trade our 2018 second rounder we can't trade our 2018 first rounder? Then assuming our 2018 second rounder goes to GWS for Wilson I don't think we'd have the currency to get Hogan unless Melbourne are somehow satisfied with 5, Balic and/or Tabs?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am I right in thinking that if we trade our 2018 second rounder we can't trade our 2018 first rounder? Then assuming our 2018 second rounder goes to GWS for Wilson I don't think we'd have the currency to get Hogan unless Melbourne are somehow satisfied with 5, Balic and/or Tabs?
That is correct.

Back