Toast 2017 Doig Medal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't expecting this. I thought he was excellent in the first half of the year but a little down in the second half.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea that our coaching staff only values defensive play.

Wasn't expecting this. I thought he was excellent in the first half of the year but a little down in the second half.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea that our coaching staff only values defensive play.

Or we just had such a s**t year that there was no one else to give votes to. Neale was down on form, Fyfe too, Walters injured, S Hill injured etc.

Who was the flog that was torching Billy on here all year? Can we have a naming and shaming?

[edit: Oh yeah. Take a bow, Bradesmaen...]

Bradesmaen said:
Out: Brad Hill. Continuously coasting around, plays one good game then s**t for 4 weeks. Can't hit a target unless it's the goal. Was a bad trade by us, he was the steak knives at Hawthorn and now that he isn't surrounded by the same talent, he's shown to be ordinary.
In: Anyone.

[edit: and a few more for posterity...]

Bradesmaen said:
Can we drop Brad Hill already? Bog awful yet again. needs a kick up the arse.

Bradesmaen said:
Brad Hill should be dragged. Woeful kick and then he just basically walked back defensively. Absolutely pathetic

Bradesmaen said:
Ordinary footballer and should have been dropped by now for his inability to hit targets and going missing when the going gets tough.

Bradesmaen said:
He's weak, he misses easy kicks and is heavily overrated (at Hawthorn before coming to Fremantle, similar with Jetta at Sydney before going to West Coast). When we're not playing well, he goes missing.

Bradesmaen said:
Brad Hill is our Lewis Jetta.

Last edited:
Bra

Brad will enjoy next year with Harley Bennel to kick the ball to. Countless times Brad was clear with the ball only to look forward and have no one to kick to and forced to go lateral.

The feels of Stephen hill..
Best finish in Doig Medal: 2nd
Time at the club: 9 years
GF played: 1

Bradley Hill
Doig Medalist 2017
Time at Club: 1 year
GFs played: 3
Premierships won: 3

Oh Stephen, Stephen
Maybe t'll kick his arse into gear. He has more than he's given I feel.

Bradley's aerobic capacity is incredible. Runs all day, 100%. He's everywhere, and gives his all defensively. Just his skills in the second half of the season were abysmal. If he can back himself more often, he'll be even better next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the flog that was torching Billy on here all year? Can we have a naming and shaming?

[edit: Oh yeah. Take a bow, Bradesmaen...]

[edit: and a few more for posterity...]
classic Bradesmaen

So Kersten coming in 10th.... He played 20 games for the season.

Only one player not in the top 10 played more games then him. Lachie Weller played 22 games and didn't break into the top 10.

Crozier, Tucker and McCarthy all played 19 games and would have been Kersten's main competition but they were also fairly hit and miss throughout the season. Hughes played 18 games, the rest significantly less.

So Kersten coming in 10th is perhaps more by default of playing almost the entire season.

Good to know moronic posts are allowed on bigfooty. Works for you, intelligence and support for the club are no longer needed.
Wah. I forgot I'm not allowed to post negative. He's the greatest player in history. We'll win a flag next year and for the next 20. Is that how I'm meant to do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back