The drunk tank

Remove this Banner Ad

I've lost my mojo. I had about 5 stubbies last night then a couple of whiskeys, about 1/4 of a bottle. This morning I feel like I went on an absolute bender.
If you had a 1/4 of a bottle (presuming you mean a 700ml bottle), that's about the equivalent of six 30ml shots.

Combine that with five stubbies? That's a fairly big night in anyone's language I would say.

If you had a 1/4 of a bottle (presuming you mean a 700ml bottle), that's about the equivalent of six 30ml shots.

Combine that with five stubbies? That's a fairly big night in anyone's language I would say.

It was over about 5 hours all up so it's not like I was slamming the drinks down. I take it that my alcohol tolerance is down from where it used to be due to drinking less which is probably a good thing given I once wouldn't have noticed a thing after drinking that much.

How was the great man?
Same old Terry, spoke for hours on end about all his pisshead stories. It was he and Russell Green and I reckon Russell got about 10mins of floor time compared to Terry's 1.5hrs ha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to a wedding with my wife last night. Left the kids with my mother and jumped on a bus to a vineyard. This is a rare event these days and we were determined to take full advantage. Everything was going ok until the bus dropped us off at the end of the night at what we thought was our stop just down the road from the house we had hired for the weekend. It was cold, wet and very dark in the unfamiliar streets of Ocean Grove and I was significantly more pissed. My wife and I disagreed on where we were (despite her having charge left in her phone and google maps up) the next thing I know is I have walked off one way and my wife the other and I found myself horribly lost without a wallet or phone charge at around 1:00 in the morning. I initially found a daycare centre with an awning and contemplated sleeping there because it was dry but stumbled along until I heard what sounded like a party. It was a 21st and the Dad welcomed me in and grabbed me a beer and sat down with me for a chat while I charged my phone. Eventually they dropped me off where I was staying as I couldn't get an Uber after a couple of beers!

My faith in humanity has been restored. If anyone needs a fence built in the Barwon Heads/ Ocean Grove area I know a guy.

Slab of what? Mid strength?

Don't think I've ever been able to drink a whole slab in one session without help and I can drink.
I suppose it's possible over a long period of time, but for me, that much beer wouldn't be possible due to bloat! I usually move on to spirits after a decent session on beer.

Slab of what? Mid strength?

Don't think I've ever been able to drink a whole slab in one session without help and I can drink.
Drunk Boncer said drinking a slab.

Sober Boncer would like to correct Drunk Boncer with "attempting to drink a slab."

Sober Boncer concedes 2 points.

A) Dumbass idea
B) Was never gonna happen

Drunk Boncer said drinking a slab.

Sober Boncer would like to correct Drunk Boncer with "attempting to drink a slab."

Sober Boncer concedes 2 points.

A) Dumbass idea
B) Was never gonna happen

Going by the time of your post it's pretty impressive that you had attempted and conceded by 3:30ish in the afternoon. Must've been an early start.

Going by the time of your post it's pretty impressive that you had attempted and conceded by 3:30ish in the afternoon. Must've been an early start.
Oh i didn't concede till a couple hours later. At that stage I was sober enough to know it was dumb but drunk enough to try and push on.

I think the most I can confidently say I've done from a slab in a single session would be 18 beers.

How so precise?

Well because when I went to grab beer 19 from the still intact six pack I pulled the entire pack off the shelf, and decided I'd probably had enough...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back