List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see any part of my post where I stated we WILL be getting a first and second? I said a first and second is what's fair.

Just like last year the Crows will miss out as they still can't quite accept that in the real world you have to pay up to get stuff.
When are Carlton going to start living in the real world?

Hang onto Gibbs for what end? Why? So SOS can show how 'tough' he is? To teach the Crows a lesson?

How about setting up your club for the next run at being a good AFL team. A competitive team?

Surely that is the aim of all this?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hang onto Gibbs for what end? Why? So SOS can show how 'tough' he is? To teach the Crows a lesson?

How about setting up your club for the next run at being a good AFL team. A competitive team?

Apparently not for Carlton.

You won't be getting a first and a second round pick, stop dreaming. We've been through this discussion over and over........Crows and Blues went through this last year.
Why you dreamers continually keep thinking you're going to get an improved deal on last year defies logic.

If I was a betting man I'd say you won't get/offered much more than an early second round this year.
Lol. If you're being serious then you need a reality check. Hope you don't need to do any meaningful negotiations as nothing would ever get done.

You sound like Donald Trump...sans his billions.

Lol, someone who thinks Trump is worth billions... massive con job

I don’t know what the long term plan is over at Lesser Western Carlton but surely at some stage you plan to not be s**t?

You have Murphy, Cripps, Kreuzer plus every first rounder who couldn’t get a game for GWS, if you still need Gibbs it might be time for your tri-annual replacement-of-the-coaches festival.

Do Crows think Gibbs could have been the difference this year vs Tiges?
I thought we made an error at the start of the year and again before our finals campaign of not trading in Gibbs.

We looked a little light on against the likes of Geelong, Sydney and GWS as far as their midfields went. Richmond I felt more confident against. So when they steamrolled us in the last 3 quarters I don't think one player would have made much difference. We may have closed the margin a little but overall that loss was due to a number of factors.

Sulking.

Carlton will be a powerhouse within two years, at that time Bryce Gibbs will still be younger than Eddie Betts is now.

Maybe it's time the Crows think about a rebuild rather than try to clutch onto what has already slipped past them?
What's slipped past them?

And do you really think you will be a powerhouse in 2 years?

Sulking.

Carlton will be a powerhouse within two years, at that time Bryce Gibbs will still be younger than Eddie Betts is now.

Maybe it's time the Crows think about a rebuild rather than try to clutch onto what has already slipped past them?
Lol, GWS aren't even a powerhouse and you are their scraps.

I cannot imagine a universe where a contracted Bryce Gibbs is only worth Pick 20

We are in our premiership window, we need to make worthwhile additions to our 22 who can contribute now. Gibbs/Motlop can help with that. We do also need to get a good young prospect or two in as well, though

If you watched the GF even you would acknowledge Gibbs would not have changed the result.

Sulking.

Carlton will be on the way up in 2 years but hardly a power house. Don't worry about our window fella , still wide open

Sulking.

LOL. You've been s**t for so long, you've forgotten how hard it is to be good.

You went backwards this year. You'll start to crawl up the ladder next year, like Melbourne have the last couple of years. You're five years away.

Meanwhile, we have a young list that was minor premiers and grand finalists. We'll be at the business end of the ladder for a while yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. If you're being serious then you need a reality check. Hope you don't need to do any meaningful negotiations as nothing would ever get done.

The reality check is need by your side thinking you will get a better offer this year than you were offered last year....only Carlton supporters live in a universe were they think other teams exist to bring to reality SOS' grandiose recruiting plan, you know that really hard thought out plan of picking up GWS players.

Meaningful negotiations you say, go check out the cost of the Mitchel trade......you know the younger bloke from Sydney who cost less and was a better player than Gibbs in 2017.

You blokes exist to live in SOS' wet dream.

I didn’t say he would? Even if we won, I’d still be campaigning to get him. We need to keep improving the team

I never said I dont want him, just saying what I think the Crows will be prepared to give up.
So last year its widely accepted we offered a first and 3 round pick.

Now we have talk from SOS' self appointed mouth piece that a first in 2017 and second in 2018 will get it done.
If we go on what some posters in the know are saying about the 2018 draft you could argue this is a better deal than what was offered last year....at best it's equal.
Cant see any argument why the club would even go there.....it'll be one pick and one pick only.

Their hand has weakened significantly from this time last year. Our need for him has decreased after a very strong season, he's a year older, Carlton still need to turn over their list, and Gibbs still wants to come to Adelaide.

They need us more than we need them. Or they can just keep him running around in a team that likely won't play finals before he retires, which would be a shame but shouldn't bother us too much.

Did you see any part of my post where I stated we WILL be getting a first and second? I said a first and second is what's fair.

Just like last year the Crows will miss out as they still can't quite accept that in the real world you have to pay up to get stuff.

Unless you've been living between SOS' loins without contact to the outside world yiu would know you are now asking for a better deal than what was offered last year, why dont you gives us a massive insight as why we would do that 12 month's
We're not paying idiotic amounts just because that's what you want.

Sulking. Carlton will be a powerhouse within two years, at that time Bryce Gibbs will still be younger than Eddie Betts is now. Maybe it's time the Crows think about a rebuild rather than try to clutch onto what has already slipped past them?
Maybe it's time Carlton supporters stopped imagining this wonderful future just being handed to them?

Here's the dreams from 2009:
theyknow-220109-246-1.jpg

And 2010:
mship-fc-161109-246-1.jpg

Been a long while since you have challenged anyone.

From 2009 to now - 7th, 8th, 5th, 10th, 6th, 13th, 18th, 14th.

In two years time the blues will be a powerhouse? Mmmm ... why? What makes you think that is on the cards. I see nothing to point you in that direction. Maybe aiming to be competitive in two years is a more realistic goal?

That is why you should be looking to get Gibbs out and elite youth in, because you need to build the base for 3 or 4 years time.

Anyway, I hope you demand overs again and he is forced to stay for his remaining contracted years ... it's moves like this that stunt the development of teams like Carlton. May this attitude reign in the navy blues for as long as possible.

Moving to the NEAFL?

Here's the facts..

Kelly(24) Talia(28) Brown(27)
Laird(25) Hartigan(28) Smith(27)
Mckay(31) Sloane(29) Atkins (25)
Lynch(29) Jenkins(30) McGovern(25)
Betts(32) Walker(29) Otten(30)

Jacobs(31) B.Crouch(25) M.Crouch(24)

Douglas(32) Gallucci(21) Milera(22) knight(25) Keath(27) Hampton(26) Greenwood(27) Seedsman(27)

That's every crow that will likely be there in 2019 that has played a game this year on your entire list. I have highlighted the players who have shown enough to suggest they will take their game to another level in that time. I have also underlined the players who are likely to produce less in 2019 than they are now.

Compare that with the Blues..

Plowman(24) Jones(27) Weitering(21)
Docherty(25) Marchbank(22) Byrne(24)
Cuningham(22)Gibbs(30) C.Curnow(22)
Pickett(22) Casboult(29) Fisher(21)
Silvagni(21) Mckay(21) Murphy(32)

Kruezer(29) Cripps(24) SPS(21)

E.Curnow(29) Williamson(21) Macreadie(21) Polson(21)
Lamb(26) Phillips(28) Wright(29) Graham(25) Boekhorst(26) Kerridge(26) Rowe(31)

I can't see where there any improvement is coming from in that crows list, I see some regression with 6 of the best 22 aged 30 and over.

On the flip side you can quite clearly see the Blues have a massive upside with 26 players who will be aged under 30 and over 20 in 2019. Crows will only have 20 players in that demographic.

Based on exposed form, players who will likely take their game to another level in the next 2 years..

Carlton: 13
Crows: 4 (maybe 5 if Milera pulls his finger out)

Players who will regress..

Carlton: 3
Crows: 6

In my view the Crows need to take this opportunity with want away players etc, and overhaul the list rather than try top up for another crack at the flag.

Here's the facts..

Kelly(24) Talia(28) Brown(27)
Laird(25) Hartigan(28) Smith(27)
Mckay(31) Sloane(29) Atkins (25)
Lynch(29) Jenkins(30) McGovern(25)
Betts(32) Walker(29) Otten(30)

Jacobs(31) B.Crouch(25) M.Crouch(24)

Douglas(32) Gallucci(21) Milera(22) knight(25) Keath(27) Hampton(26) Greenwood(27) Seedsman(27)

That's every crow that will likely be there in 2019 that has played a game this year on your entire list. I have highlighted the players who have shown enough to suggest they will take their game to another level in that time. I have also underlined the players who are likely to produce less in 2019 than they are now.

I can't see where there any improvement is coming from in that crows list, I see some regression with 6 of the best 22 aged 30 and over.

On the flip side you can quite clearly see the Blues have a massive upside with 26 players who will be aged under 30 and over 20 in 2019. Crows will only have 20 players in that demographic.

Based on exposed form, players who will likely take their game to another level in the next 2 years..

Carlton: 13
Crows: 4 (maybe 5 if Milera pulls his finger out)

Players who will regress..

Carlton: 3
Crows: 6

In my view the Crows need to take this opportunity with want away players etc, and overhaul the list rather than try top up for another crack at the flag.
That is up there with the dumbest posts i have seen in a decade.

Why not just give it a rest until SOS gives you a call for advice.

Here's the facts..
No, wrong from the start ... not facts, just the rumblings of a deluded blues supporter.

In my view, the Crows need to take this opportunity with want away players etc, and overhaul the list rather than try top up for another crack at the flag.
In my view, you are a raving lunatic.

I never said I dont want him, just saying what I think the Crows will be prepared to give up.
So last year its widely accepted we offered a first and 3 round pick.

Now we have talk from SOS' self appointed mouth piece that a first in 2017 and second in 2018 will get it done.
If we go on what some posters in the know are saying about the 2018 draft you could argue this is a better deal than what was offered last year....at best it's equal.
Cant see any argument why the club would even go there.....it'll be one pick and one pick only.
That's a fair enough view. I don't think we were angels in the trade negotiations last year, though. Reckon we should have offered more than a first and a third, and we're probably regretting it a little. A late first and a late second is fair for all parties involved.

Wow, look at that team.

Powerhouse!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back