List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ed mystery photo....the only resemblence of a player l can see, with the mo and stubble beard and in part the curly/wavy hair up top is Watts.
Watts? Don't see it myself. Maybe he's trying to coax Jordan McMahon out of retirement. Its probably just some random dude unrelated to anything. Should Eddie really be out talking to players anyway? Not really his job imo.

Sharrod Wellingham's not getting a new contract with the Eagles. Could we bring back our premiership hero and finish his career off as a Magpie? Still think he has a few things to offer.
He could offer to pay back the TAC sponsorship he lost us.

I am not disagreeing but some interesting facts. He was a top 10 draft pick and was competing with Betts and Cameron. He had some class but your point seems valid the perception is that he is lazy.
His SANFL form suggests he was never going to break into the side even with Cameron and Betts in their side.

Missed a lot of pages on here
Is there any rumours floating around about any decent players yet?

The only one floating around this morning is Hogan to Freo but that comes up every year so grain of salt.

I’m not too fussed not being linked to any players. Either means we will go to the draft or we are playing our cards close to our chest. Both of which I am happy with!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree he's had time, but I can see why they've persevered. He's got pace and genuine kicking skills which is a combo we don't have a lot of. To be honest though, I think this coming season should be his last shot.

What I can't understand is the level of patience and hope that so many on here have for Sinclair. He's had eight full seasons on our list for 63 (largely below par, often horrible) senior games which is less than eight games per season. The last four seasons have yielded 5, 6, 13 and 0 games.

I accept that he has been better in his last fifteen or so games (played over nearly three years) since being shifted to the backline. But having said that, he has still only been an average contributor. He has gone from being a terrible player to an average/passable one who can contribute and play his role, but even then he hasn't been on the park to play one of these passable games in eighteen months.

We should have cut our losses long ago and focused on using his list spot to find a better talented player who isn't held together with paper mache, but surely the time is now? Is he contracted for next season?

If it hasn't been mentioned yet...There are rumours that we are to offer him a two year contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm on $300 flipping chicken.. and some idiot offered me $400 to flip burgers.. I'm gonna flip chicken.. naiii reeee

Just because money is your number 1 priority doesn’t make it everyone’s. Yes money is an important factor, but I have taken less money for better jobs.

These players get paid plenty, they can sacrifice some coin for job satisfaction and still set themselves up well for post football.

Sure sometimes the carrot is just too big to turn down, but sometimes players will take less for job satisfaction reasons.

Can someone repost that photo? It's my mission today to find out who that is.

I'm a personal investigator. I once found out my current gf called me ugly back in grade 8.
I don't like your chances if you can't even scroll back and find the photo yourself...

Watts? Don't see it myself. Maybe he's trying to coax Jordan McMahon out of retirement. Its probably just some random dude unrelated to anything. Should Eddie really be out talking to players anyway? Not really his job imo.

Thinking samething. Ed has never really been doing this sort of Stuff

Can someone repost that photo? It's my mission today to find out who that is.

I'm a personal investigator. I once found out my current gf called me ugly back in grade 8.

dbbdce9a37e3ede08d258cf905ff3d6e.jpg

A real ringing endorsement. Axed from lowly Fremantle (who are more desperate for forwards than we are), so of course he would be a good pick up.

We done well with Freo's Duds in the Past;)(Not Counting Mayne)

armstrong, karnezis and jordan russell collingwood success stories imo. sydney used the jessie white pick to draft alir alir and i know we shouldn't be results oriented but :(

And Armstrong, Karnezis and Russell cost us nothing. Richmond paid much more for Yarran and how did that work out.

Those players not making it is hardly a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back