Richmond hierarchy aimed for finals, not a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
So much anger and hatred. I love it, long may it continue.

AUXGDhS.gif

Oct 20, 2007
Cranbourne, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
However, you left out your opponents having injuries to crucial players as well.

Not sure of the point you are trying to make here. You do realise that injuries are part & parcel of an AFL season!! Some teams are crippled by them & some have a dream run. We had the dream run & capitalised on it. It all depends on how a club reacts to the cards they have been dealt or are you too immature to see this???

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Everytime I see someone utilise this teenager term I think, idiot.

This was pretty much the case in 2017. However, you left out your opponents having injuries to crucial players as well.

And every time anyone sees Snake_Baker they see it as a metaphor for SALTY.

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Maybe those premierships should come with little asterisks saying "oh these don't count because they were won before Richmond were relevant"

Or maybe not.

I suppose winning back to back in 1920-1921 after the war is more relevant than winning them during the war.

But hey, your club tells you black and white are colours when they're indeed shades, so your entire club has NFI haha

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Btw My Dad is a 74 year old Richmond supporter. He started following the game in 1979, the same time as me. He had no real appreciation for the 1980 flag as a newcomer.

He has said for years now that he wants to see a Richmond flag before he dies. He refused to watch the games in full this year because he feared he was a jinx and instead flicked channels and sweated on score updates. I'm thrilled for supporters like my Dad who has had his heart broken so many times and who has celebrated the win through teary eyes with much humility.

And how sad have you made your dad all these years supporting the enemy? Couldn't you have just supported St.Kilda or something.

You must of been a rebellious kid back in the 60s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how sad have you made your dad all these years supporting the enemy? Couldn't you have just supported St.Kilda or something.

You must of been a rebellious kid back in the 60s

I chose my team before he chose his. I wasn't much of anything back in the 60s. That was his time to shine.

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I chose my team before he chose his. I wasn't much of anything back in the 60s. That was his time to shine.
Your dad sounds like a good man. I'm glad he got to see some success.

Let him know Helen D'amico was the 35 year curse and the birth of the messiahs (Richo's) first child lifted the curse. Lol

Rance2Mewtwo

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok. I'm not sure what Richmond supporters' obsession is with Nathan Buckley and premierships. He's still one of the best players of the modern era.

In all honesty, it's just fun and easy to point out the irony.

Treloar following in his footsteps puts it in the spotlight again.

And lastly, maybe there's a little truth to it? Buckley always impresses me with his football knowledge when he speaks, but if I was working for him, I'd feel like he's as thick as a plank of wood emotionally. He strikes me as someone who is all about high performance, do your job, work harder, stop fooling around, work harder, don't smile put your head down, and don't talk about your feelings, etc.

Total opposite aura to Damien Hardwick, who is cracking gags before the Grand Final and telling his players he loves them and wants them to play like they're kids again.

Infra Ted

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jan 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
In all honesty, it's just fun and easy to point out the irony.

Treloar following in his footsteps puts it in the spotlight again.

And lastly, maybe there's a little truth to it? Buckley always impresses me with his football knowledge when he speaks, but if I was working for him, I'd feel like he's as thick as a plank of wood emotionally. He strikes me as someone who is all about high performance, do your job, work harder, stop fooling around, work harder, don't smile put your head down, and don't talk about your feelings, etc.

Total opposite aura to Damien Hardwick, who is cracking gags before the Grand Final and telling his players he loves them and wants them to play like they're kids again.

Great username.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back