List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just wonder if there is any rumour that we could lose Sloane next year and not get Gibbs this year, it begs the question should we not have been going after Rocky?
Hopefully the club have all the irons in the fire load up this year and go hard the next two years, make Sloane and Tex co captains too

Brentmeister

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just wonder if there is any rumour that we could lose Sloane next year and not get Gibbs this year, it begs the question should we not have been going after Rocky?
Sloane is elite, Gibbs is a very good player, and Rocky is a good player. He's so far off Sloane it's not funny. And Port are now paying Rockliff more than we pay Sloane now.

No.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Two questions ....

What? Let's get Rocky in 2017 in case we lose Sloane in 2018? Really?

Why? Would we target an inside midfielder like Rockliff - to replace Sloane / Gibbs?

Stop jumping at shadows everyone ... wait until we see the whites of their eyes. Plenty of work to happen before we even have an inkling of what this trade period could end up like.

Sloane is elite, Gibbs is a very good player, and Rocky is a good player. He's so far off Sloane it's not funny. And Port are now paying Rockliff more than we pay Sloane now.

No.

I think you are missing the point here.

All I putting out there is if the Club possibly feels that Sloane may leave and if we are not getting Gibbs, should we be going after Rocky? Its a question.

Im not saying that Rocky is equivalent to Sloane or even Gibbs for that matter. All I am saying is that in 2019 we may be short on midfield depth and quality.

Remember last year when we all thought we were a red hot chance of gaining Gibbs and Rockliff?

What actually happened is we traded in no one and lost Lyons.

I fully expect something similar this year, though I hope to be proven wrong

Remember last year when we all thought we were a red hot chance of gaining Gibbs and Rockliff?

What actually happened is we traded in no one and lost Lyons.

I fully expect something similar this year, though I hope to be proven wrong

Thats right.

Then the same posters say to not jump at shadows.

FFS Im confident we wont get anything on par of what we lose and any player we draft will be considered "awesome" till in about 2-3 years time when we realise they are a bust.

Well, there's a surprise!

Sigh
AFL Trade Leaks is usually on the ball!! Not so good at replying to PMs or delivering beer prizes though

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why? Would we target an inside midfielder like Rockliff - to replace Sloane / Gibbs.

Great post.

Why do so many posters think all midfielders are the same? Our game plan requires one big arsed inside mid and we have one of the best in Matty Crouch. We need either hybrid mids or elite outside mids.

IMHO Rockliff plays either as an inside mid or a small forward. Not great defensively or on the spread. Gibbs is more flexible as a hybrid mid or could play the Brodie Smith role.

There are very few elite outside mids and Atkins, The SEED or BNM aren't amongst them (although the RAT could develop further). I'm talking about Kelly, Gaff, the Hills at their best.

So who are the hybrid mids and outside mids that we could go after?

JimmyTheScoop

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2014
Just a suggestion, but do not ever post that face on this forum again.

Is it because it reminds you of this!!!!

84cb0d9f66ecc9763fe07e67f921e46d.jpg

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back