Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone else floating through life confused and concerned about trade period? I'm not sure if SOS will go bang and pull something from left field or if it is just slim pickings this year.

I am very happy with Kennedy and retaining pick 3...two more pieces of the puzzle coming together.

I am hopeful we can keep Gibbs or get 16 and hopefully 27.

Who else is out there?

Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...
Anyone else floating through life confused and concerned about trade period? I'm not sure if SOS will go bang and pull something from left field or if it is just slim pickings this year.

I am very happy with Kennedy and retaining pick 3...two more pieces of the puzzle coming together.

Who else is out there?
I've decided not to worry now. I'll save my worry for after trade period when I see the end result. I thought the club was nuts doing the Menzel deal... until it got us Plowman.

BringBackSimmo

(Previously BringBackSOS)
Jul 12, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
I've decided not to worry now. I'll save my worry for after trade period when I see the end result. I thought the club was nuts doing the Menzel deal... until it got us Plowman.

Seems wise. Worry in 11 days time.

What's happening with Rockliff, would of thought Port would want to get it done early in the FA period?

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Who else is out there?

I'm out here.......

But I seriously thought getting Rockliffe in for free was the key to "opening up" our trading opportunities.

Not sure what will happen next.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

Who else is out there?
Not worried at all, if we only get Kennedy keep Gibbs and pick 3 i'm content. Kennedy is a great get.

StandByyourMan

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Fwiw afl shouter going with Gibbs has requested trade to Adelaide... perhaps to go with the Adelaide wedding..?

bleednavyblue

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2017
In a galaxy far far away......
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Im hoping Gibbs doesnt request a trade, it almost seems like when he was seen at that wedding with Tex and others that he may have gotten the ol' peer pressure thrown at him. I guess the club would have had the conversation with along the lines of "ok Bryce are u going to throw us another curve ball or are u content still being here?" "Tell us now so we can start planning."

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Who else is out there?

If it's just Kennedy I'm OK with that. Not thrilled, but OK.

Adding Kennedy and pick 3 to our midfield is still adding two talented young guns to our midfield.

I am hoping for a little more though, like a Lang and/or saad.

If we pull off a blockbuster trade eg involving scully then even better.

The beauty is the club has had ample time.to prepare for the possibility that Gibbs will ask for a trade.
They will have set a benchmark of what is acceptable and if the Crows meet that then the trade will go ahead.
We need to remember one thing though and that is if we do trade him, the deal needs to be looked at IN IT'S ENTIRETY. This means we judge the deal with what we do with the picks we get.

The beauty is the club has had ample time.to prepare for the possibility that Gibbs will ask for a trade.
They will have set a benchmark of what is acceptable and if the Crows meet that then the trade will go ahead.
We need to remember one thing though and that is if we do trade him, the deal needs to be looked at IN IT'S ENTIRETY. This means we judge the deal with what we do with the picks we get.

Exactly this has been the theme of SOS' trade periods so far, it doesn't matter what we get in isolation it matters what that currency eventually turns into :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back