List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Taberner, Close, Crameri is the best we can do this off season then stay away from the all.
Wait until next season.

We don't need any more list cloggers who will struggle to get games.

McLarty should be given games next season at CHB/FB.

Up forward, just go small.
Moore as the key.- Elliott, Fasolo, WHE, Kirby, Daicos, Crocker-plenty of options for medium/smalls.

Then I like the idea of having a resting mid or two play forward when we rotate the middle of the ground- something we haven't done for a long tme under Nathan.
Pendles, Treloar, De Goey, Sidebottom, Adams etc- all need to find ways to spend some mins "resting" in the forward line rather than off the ground.

It's Zac Williams the guy who took the photo posts elsewhere and they identified him.

Given it was in a closed forum it's pretty disappointing.

If Taberner, Close, Crameri is the best we can do this off season then stay away from the all.
Wait until next season.

We don't need any more list cloggers who will struggle to get games.

Need Someone to take White Spot as a Depth KPF becasuse IF Moore goes down we only really have Reid

It's Zac Williams the guy who took the photo posts elsewhere and they identified him.

Given it was in a closed forum it's pretty disappointing.

Is this the same Zac Williams that was a rookie from the 2013 draft?

Need Someone to take White Spot as a Depth KPF becasuse IF Moore goes down we only really have Reid

Reid is better than all of the "depth players".
He will actually play all season (barring injury).

We don't need KPP's just for the sake of it.

We need to identify quality ones- via the draft or next season via Tom Lynch.

Reid is better than all of the "depth players".
He will actually play all season (barring injury).

We don't need KPP's just for the sake of it.

We need to identify quality ones- via the draft or next season via Tom Lynch.

So you be happy to have a Midget Forward Line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan would cost a lot more and I doubt he goes to another Melbourne team. If he leaves it’s to WA.

Talk is going around he is Meeting with Ross Lyon and Freo.

Agree. Hogan leaves he goes back to WA

Best to test the draft then. I know it would be throwing a kid to the wolves , however id rather that with thee chance he gets fast tracked than have a crameri running around for one year. Shouldve just talked white into staying another year

Mason can play KPF , we just need to build around him if need be

Yeah, but looking at the hypothetical vs. The reality always gives you a clearer path than there actually was.

In 2013, we drafted Scharenberg and Freeman at 6 & 10. Scharenberg *is* a utility and not a midfielder, while Freeman hypothetically addressed a need for pace then got ruined by injury. The next tall that went in the draft was Cam McCarthy, but he likely would have gotten homesick and left us too, and there were no other realistic value propositions at pick 6 or 10.

In 2014, you're right that there were talls available when we picked De Goey at #5, but I would imagine that Marchbank wouldn't have been on the whiteboard. Peter Wright would have been the pick if we could redo it, but I think at the time he was considered potentially more ruck than forward at AFL level by most, and a similar-ish prospect to Darcy Moore who we were getting at #9. A mistake, perhaps, but not a horrendous one in that at least De Goey looks like developing into a starting midfielder for us

The next two picks we traded for Treloar. You can criticise this if you want, but Adam Treloar is a complete gun and he's still only 24.
I get that you want to stick up for the club but just think about it for a second, it nothing against any of the players. If you look at those drafts it really doesn't look like we had a clear plan over that period and that's one of the reasons we have stagnated. Obviously we couldn't have known that Freeman and Scharenberg would get injured. Our recruitment seems to be very haphazard

Jesse Hogan Jesse Hogan Jesse Hogan Jesse Hogan

One of his best mates was delisted at Melbourne
Hates the way the club are treating Jack Watts
Rumoured to be after a fresh start following a horror year

It won't happen, but imagine the Melbourne supporters reactions.
Don't be so sure about that, coming to us won't happen - that's for sure.

For those saying we could’ve drafted Cripps instead of Freeman etc - that would never have happened. Spoke to one of the clubs list managers a while back who said Cripps was low down on our draft board. Great natural football talent but horrible tank (Kirby like). He was shocked at how Carlton was able to turn it around and get him to afl level fitness.

I reckon curly haired guy is Dane Rampe.

I don’t think it’s Rampe (who I would love at the Pies) but he’s about the best guess we’ve had so far. The dirty moustache and big coiffed hair is a match; well played.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering we'd have Moore and Reid- is it really midget forward line?

In this scenario no it's not but I don't think there's and doubt that Reid's best position is down back......for what the likes of Crameri would cost in both trade and moneytory value I'd have no dramas in picking him up for depth, then go hard at Lynch next trade period. I mean Darcy needs help so he can continue to develop and unfortunately there ain't many quality KPF's up for grabs atm so as a stop gap measure I'm fine with it.

For those saying we could’ve drafted Cripps instead of Freeman etc - that would never have happened. Spoke to one of the clubs list managers a while back who said Cripps was low down on our draft board. Great natural football talent but horrible tank (Kirby like). He was shocked at how Carlton was able to turn it around and get him to afl level fitness.
Zac Merret but grandson of a premiership captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back