Western Bulldogs (2016) vs Richmond (2017)

Which team would win in a game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say Richmond are old. Your a middle of the road team.

But back2back This season was so possible , in so pissed off the players didn't take this season serious

The season was much weaker this year

mmmm....middle of the road that finished third? You finished 7th in 2016 and pulled off a miracle to win a flag during the finals series. Good for you. You were pretty crap this year.

Not much more to add really.

mmmm....middle of the road that finished third? You finished 7th in 2016 and pulled off a miracle to win a flag during the finals series. Good for you. You were pretty crap this year.

Not much more to add really.

Middle of road team in terms of age :rolleyes:
C:\Users\GEORGE\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

7th with a massive injury list mind you, Richmond barely got a scratch this season

We won 3 away finals and neutral venue gf

Richmond won 3 home finals...

you cant compare your finals to the dogs .

I get the feeling a lot of opposition supporters would only rate us if we finished the H&A season first. Then again that would work against us because it would give us an easy finals run.

Not sure if their argument makes a lot of sense.

In their perfect world, they would only rate us if we finished first and then had to play all finals at away venues and probably without a bye. Ridiculous.

Stupid comparisons. Tiges could only beat who was in front of them, as we could the teams in front of us.

Don't think it makes sense to justify who would win on the basis finals record of either flogging teams (in Richmonds case) or winning away/winning more games (in ours).

Both teams won all their games in a remarkable, albeit very different fashion.

Comparisons focussing on playing style and respective lists make more sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both teams won all their games in a remarkable, albeit very different fashion.
Nailed it in a sentence.

Now, can we go back to discussing less ridiculous things, you know, like the early 2000's Lions vs the early-mid 2010's Hawks?!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

7th with a massive injury list mind you, Richmond barely got a scratch this season

Conca missed most of the year (was Best 22 at the start of the season).
Griffiths with concussion.
Hampson our #1 ruck from 2016 was on the LTI most of this year.

I fully concede that the Bulldogs had more injuries, but we did have some players out too, who are easily Best 22 when fully fit and firing. But perhaps the reason Richmond had less injuries is because our players were better conditioned than the Dogs players were?

Also, we happen to be a tenant of the MCG, but if we're always going to be told that winning finals at the MCG is meaningless because it's our home ground, what's the point? Hawthorn's main home ground is the MCG too, same with Collingwood, and many others. I'm also pretty sure the MCG has been our home ground for the 36 years prior to 2017, and it hasn't helped us much throughout those years. :rolleyes:

You played 2 interstate finals, and 2 Victorian finals. We played 3 Victorian finals.

Bulldogs beat a flaky West Coast, a cooked and aging Hawthorn on their last legs as a contender, a GWS side in their 2nd ever finals match, and a Sydney team burdened with massive mental pressure and expectations that couldn't handle the weight of that.

Richmond beat a Geelong team that it had lost to 20 of the past 21 times they'd played, a 12 months more mature GWS team, and an Adelaide side who were dominant most of the year and had the emotional motivation of "doing it for Phil Walsh".

The finals series are far more equal than you give them credit for! ;)

id be more confident beating the tigs at the mcg than etihad

Haha and why is that? According to your above post, the MCG is an away venue for you, and you put in a MASSIVE effort to get up and win games there, so why would you be more confident of beating the Tigers at an away ground, rather than your so-called home deck?

Can't have it both ways buddy. :drunk:

What is this fallacy that we had no injuries? We had a stack of injuries at the start/middle of the season, and even late in the season with Riewoldt missing a few games with the poke in the eye, our luck was that all our injured players came back towards the end of the year, which showed a healthy list, but it was far from healthy towards the middle of the season.

Silly debate, and far too early to declare, wait until 12 months has passed when Richmond 2017 can be viewed with distance.

Then watch both final series through again, and watch the 2017 H&A game, and decide.

However, since i am here, Bulldogs 2016 comfortably. :p

Well, I don't quite no where to start with these ramblings. You play well at your home ground, where you played all your finals. The Bulldogs are the only Victorian club to have won two interstate finals, that's right the only club. You start quoting winning score lines and then dismiss losing the VFL premiership "by just a kick" then go on to say you would have beaten the Bulldogs by four goals, but in our shite 2017 year, you didn't even beat us. o_O
Where did I say we would beat you? And we lost to you at the start of the year, we were a very different team at the end of the year. Just ask GWS.

Great you won away finals. Once against Richmond didnt get the chance to play away, so you have no idea how we would have performed away.

Really ladder position shows who performed better in during the home and away season. And our finals results were better so we also performed better in the finals. Pretty sure Richmond finals percentage was up their near the top of all time. Pretty clear cut who which team was better.

Two sides that are pretty much carbon copies of each other, built upon manic pressure and all round team defense, and star players in both midfields (Dusty, Bont).

Not sure there's a lot to split.

I get the feeling a lot of opposition supporters would only rate us if we finished the H&A season first. Then again that would work against us because it would give us an easy finals run.

Not sure if their argument makes a lot of sense.

In their perfect world, they would only rate us if we finished first and then had to play all finals at away venues and probably without a bye. Ridiculous.

We’d have come first, play all our finals interstate and win each by 20 goals. The tears are delicious

Back