Motlop --- good choice/fit for the Crows? (chooses Port)

Do you want AFC to do their best to get Motlop?

• Yes

Votes: 133 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsu:
I agree that Betts (and the AFC and the AFL) have been excellent in that regard --- wasn't enough to keep CC though.
A partner not supportive of your career is only going to lead to tears. We also have maccas still working with us. I have no doubts about our culture. Meanwhile the mob down the road are attacking policemen.

1) Could not be any lazier than Jenkins.
2) Go and watch the prelim and see who was one of Geelongs best.

3) He also doesnt run back to Qld in a premiership window like a little bitch.
1) Laziness appears to be the case, doesn't it? JJ would be a fearsome opponent, and could be a real asset for the Crows, if he threw his weight around as in the second Geelong game or the game where he laid 13 tackles (Carlton?). There's gotta be something amiss with his motivation when he goes a-missing.
2) Agree again, mentioned above. He did in the PF what Houli did in the GF.

3) this strikes me as very unfairly harsh on CC.
As I type, I'm a day behind on posting and haven't caught up, but we might never know the real reasons why CC is going. If he misses his family and thinks he'll be a happier man in Brisbane, fair enough.

1) Jenkins regularly sprints 200 metres to get on the end of goal scoring plays.
2) Call him soft if you like but he's never been lazy.
3) Motlop can be lazy but watch the prelim against Geelong again and you'll see he works as hard as anyone on the ground that night.

4) Reactions here remind me of when we got Eddie in free agency.

1) o_O :D 200m?
If he does, he's running around in circles. No ground that long.
2) I think his tackling and defensive pressure look lazy --- he's capable of second- and third- efforts but isn't consistent with them.
3) Agree. Like Chicken Man, Motlop was everywhere in the PF. Very annoying at the time.

4) I have a confession to make :oops: --- I wasn't happy when we got Eddie and especially Pods. I thought they were Geelong-rejects and had to be for some good reason. Pods has been good for the club and Eddie has become a star, a trickster-goal-snapping-genius. Part of Eddie's rise might come from being happier about being closer to family/friends.
If CC blooms similarly, good on him and will be Brizzy's gain, bigtime, you never know.

If Motlop improves, he'll be a good get for us.

Jenkins regularly skips at half pace as he watches his opponent jog out of the forward 50. Jenkins often heads towards the goalsquare instead of offering a block or Sheppard for the ball carrier.
Jenkins does plenty of things which could be classified as lazy. If he ran with half as much intent toward the opposition as he does to get on the end of a scoring chain I might agree with you.
:D bloody funny and mostly true unfortunately.

Get him and back in Eddie to get the best out of him. His best (like his brothers) is match winning. He's a good age, free agent and there's a starting 18 spot for him with Cameron leaving.
Sounds good on face value, but it's not up to Eddie to get the best out of Motlop --- it's up to Motlop, if he joins us. Eddie and the club can only do so much.
Eddie mentored CC who was also good mates with JJ (who's good mates with everybody, if you believe him o_O), but neither knew about CC's intention. Apparently.
I don't think we've seen the best of CC who might never achieve his potential and play consistently. We'll find out, in time.

1) Laziness appears to be the case, doesn't it? JJ would be a fearsome opponent, and could be a real asset for the Crows, if he threw his weight around as in the second Geelong game or the game where he laid 13 tackles (Carlton?). There's gotta be something amiss with his motivation when he goes a-missing.
2) Agree again, mentioned above. He did in the PF what Houli did in the GF.

3) this strikes me as very unfairly harsh on CC.
As I type, I'm a day behind on posting and haven't caught up, but we might never know the real reasons why CC is going. If he misses his family and thinks he'll be a happier man in Brisbane, fair enough.
I'm pretty sure there are 200k of reasons why charlie is leaving. Dont agree witb players leaving in contract especially in a good environment. Manup and play 1 more year, then i dont have a problem in him leaving.

What if it's partner-related? What can the bloke do? Happy wife (partner), happy life.
Come on dude. Adelaide a bloody great place to live. Look at today, perfect. Sure the winters are s**t here but there are worse places to live in the world. The major drawback of adelade is the job situation but it has great food, weather and beaches.

Last edited:
David Mackay clocks a lot of GPS kilometres too and we know he's not lazy; he's just ineffective.
Sad, but often the case. He has a good grasp of team patterns and knows where to be, but his disposal .... and tackling ... and he's built like a stick-insect but not as tough :(.
Improved in the last 6-8 games, but his GF was awful, like many. :(:( :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what the alternatives are.

How creative we can get.

We know levers going. We know Cameron wants out. We know Rockliff wants out, we know Ablett and Geelong want Ablett back at Geelong, we know Motlop isn’t wanted at Geelong. We know Gibbs wants to come back to Adelaide.

Given our circumstances and their circumstances we should be heavily involved in everything since we have the best trade value to fascilitate what the other clubs are trying to do.

Get creative crows, don’t put all your eggs in one basket like we did with Gibbs last yr.

Honestly it seemed like we had 1 dude trying to do everything last yr and could only focus on the Gibbs deal and once that fell through that was that. We need a team of about 20 working on this to get the absolute best ready made players for next yr as we are in a premiership window and need to replace whatever we lose and then some.

.. to follow on, we weren’t getting Darren jarman until some genius at the time came up with one of the more complex trades I have ever heard of at the time. If we didn’t get him we don’t get 2 premierships and probably sit here as the most unsuccessful club in the comp along with freo.

Make good things happen AFC. I see this as an opportunity to get rid of a couple of trouble makers that are being paid on potential.

I have beeen a cc fan since day 1. Said he was a star and a player you play every week until he gets better. I also said he’s the type of player that normally the crows don’t get, real flashy, fast, tough and game breaking. But if the environment we built around him, the love from Eddie, the stupid celebration he and the captain Tex do after either of them score a goal isn’t enough for him to want to stay, good luck to the club who get him next.

I honestly don’t see him being as good anywhere else as he was for us. Like a lot of the others who have left.

... Did you ever run him off half back?
Rather than replace Charlie i wonder if he covers Brodie Smith next year?
Brodie Smith is near-irreplaceable, he's that good. BIG loss for us (I'd like to replay the GF with Smith and Gov fit, but :( :'().
Motlop could run off the back of the square at centre bounces, but not do Smith's role, not consistently.

Brodie Smith is near-irreplaceable, he's that good. BIG loss for us (I'd like to replay the GF with Smith and Gov fit, but :( :'().
Motlop could run off the back of the square at centre bounces, but not do Smith's role, not consistently.
Especially this season, really nailed the balance between attack and defence...without him our defence looked impotent on the rebound as his replacement was crap.

Forget Lever and Cameron...Smith is the player we need to replace the most.

I don't think a defence of Talia, Hartigan, Doedee, Brown, Laird, Kelly has anywhere near enough rebound and skill.

The 7th defender replacing Smith will likely be an inferior or highly inexperienced model.

On top of that, we must push Brown and Kelly to contribute offensively or there is only room for one of them.

Smith structurally is our best player and was in the form of his career. Losing smith and gov killed us along with then picking the slowest player on our list otten as a replacement. Add in walker and talia playing injured and copping injuries to cc and brown in game and we were dead in the water. But some of the performances from key players was inexcusable.

When does FA officially close?

Unfortunately I think Charlie unhappiness has effected his footy.
I thought about that every time I watched him play. He has resting-unhappy-face.
Always seemed to me like he was angry or on the verge of it.
Maybe, just maybe, his PF performance was after he'd made his decision and he played like a champ with a free-er, happier mindset?

Guys. GUYS!! Do you really think $500k per year will get it done at Adelaide? It won’t. Steven ain’t coming.
I actually hope I’m wrong. Lose Charles and we definitely need a Motlop.
Good posting.
I don't know. Who does, except those inside the dealing?
There's been a lot of good points made for and against.
If we get him and he doesn't improve, at least we know what we're getting.
If he does improve, even half as much as Eddie, he'd be very good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back