Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we have seemingly 'missed out' on these players, I feel like we are being quite sensible with how we are going about things in regards to trades and also offers on FA. Maybe we missed out because we weren't prepared to get creamed in price negotiations?
I feel there is a holistic approach to the list being made in both making reasonable offers to potential players to join us, also with a mind to what we will need to pay for our future stars already on our list. If the offer is rejected then we move on and shake another tree. Even though many are claiming it will be a quieter trade period then so be it, we are still in a fairly strong position with Kennedy and pick three with the possibility of good players picked with later picks as well. There will be at minimum two more substantial pieces added to the puzzle. I would love to see some unbelievable trades done by SOS, but maybe this year will be a little more ho hum. Whatever eventuates we will be, one way or another, building strongly towards number 17.

Greg Wells, Frank Marchesani, David Rhys-Jones, Greg Williams and Chris Judd. Big trades are few and far between.

Only seems liked yesterday Ashman was going to the Dogs.. ha ha

How long did he stand out for ? I was too young to even understand or know at the time, what was going on.

It was Norf, poaching bastards. He wanted to go too, and the whole saga ruined his 1979 season. He was back in Navy in time for the finals, but injury denied him a spot in the '79 Premiership team.
Here is the relevant excerpt from the Blueseum:
However, many of those honours would probably not have eventuated had North Melbourne been successful in luring Ashman away from Princes Park in 1979. The Shinboners came up with a huge offer that Rod provisionally accepted, but Carlton stood firm and refused to clear him. As a consequence, he remained in limbo for much of the year and didn’t play a senior match until August, when North relented and withdrew their legal action. The Blues welcomed their blonde star back, but he injured a knee on the eve of the finals and missed out on selection in that years’ Premiership side.

So glad he stayed, he was one of my favourite players back then when I was learning what being a bluebagger was all about (copping sh!t from Richmond and Collingwood fans, etc).

It was Norf, poaching bastards. He wanted to go too, and the whole saga ruined his 1979 season. He was back in Navy in time for the finals, but injury denied him a spot in the '79 Premiership team.

So glad he stayed, he was one of my favourite players back then when I was learning what being a bluebagger was all about (copping sh!t from Richmond and Collingwood fans, etc).
Me too - Rod was my favourite as a kid...

TBH, I’d rather Menzel on the list than Buckley.

Buckley has heart but not the talent, whereas Menzel has the talent and just might of had the kick in the guts moment....

Are Wellingham, Menzel and Gibson a better fit than any of Graham, Buckley, Smedts, White, Rowe, Sheehan and Boek?

If yes then bring them in.

Can we bring in Wellingham and make him a human punching bag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to think Menzel has has been removed from the Adelaides list.

I jut wonder what his career would have been like at Carlton. I did her from school teacher that he was a smart arse.

Well that's a waste of a career.

Carlton will not touch him I wouldn't think.

Has anyone heard anything about Gibbs leaving yet.

To me it sound like he isn't moving.

I personally was hoping he was so we can get some more early draft picks.

Has anyone heard anything about Gibbs leaving yet.

To me it sound like he isn't moving.

I personally was hoping he was so we can get some more early draft picks.
This is up to Adelaide making SOS an offer that he can not refuse! going on the way Reid and Ricciuto run list management over at Moron Lakes you are going to be very disappointed.

Exaggeration I know, but I never saw Rod Ashman miss a goal on the run. You could write it in the record before he kicked it.

People always get things wrong, fair to say he knows more than any of us here. Well maybe not you Jimmae?

Harry, I'd say Mick Turner knows more than almost everyone here.

He's a damn fine junior coach, but he's also (understandably) a huge spruiker of his players.

Every year player X is arguably the best talent he's ever coached. And he's had Luke Hodge, Joel Selwood, Jimmy Bartel, Jonathan Brown and more.

You have to take his comments with a crapload of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back