List Mgmt. Delisted: Best Wishes to Troy Menzel and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Menzel i think

Yeh, I know, but he was very wrong about Gore, so given their recruitment is linked via the Danger trade, it's an interesting gloat. Although, rating a young player is easy to get wrong whereas calling out a talented bust is a pretty good call. But I'm pot committed to mentioning his call on Gore.

What a disaster that trade period was losing Brownlow man getting Gore ,Menzel -- gone and Hampton and Milera yet to do anything along with Doedee not seen AFL action yet.
But we are ok as kept CEY. -- why . Dear -- Wigg and even Hunter-- Beech as rookies and thats not mentioning Hawks cast off or Otten.

What a disaster that trade period was losing Brownlow man getting Gore ,Menzel -- gone and Hampton and Milera yet to do anything along with Doedee not seen AFL action yet.
But we are ok as kept CEY. -- why . Dear -- Wigg and even Hunter-- Beech as rookies and thats not mentioning Hawks cast off or Otten.

Dunno if I’d class it as a disaster.

Hampton showed a bit prior to injury. Seedsman i think was that year also? He’s important for depth.

Still potential for Doedee and Milera to cement themselves as best 22. Milera has huge upside and Doedee just came runner-up in SANFL b&f after leading the competition for intercept possessions.

We brought in Greenwood via rookie list who is definitely best 22. Keath was brought in also.

Gore was always a long shot. Menzel was worth the punt also.

His speed was one of his elite attributes at combine testing from memory.

I do also remember that, and was the reason I was initially excited about him.

Whether he put on a tad too much muscle and lost that, or just had no idea how to use the speed he had is something i'd be half interested in knowing.

Dunno if I’d class it as a disaster.

Hampton showed a bit prior to injury. Seedsman i think was that year also? He’s important for depth.

Still potential for Doedee and Milera to cement themselves as best 22. Milera has huge upside and Doedee just came runner-up in SANFL b&f after leading the competition for intercept possessions.

We brought in Greenwood via rookie list who is definitely best 22. Keath was brought in also.

Gore was always a long shot. Menzel was worth the punt also.
Yeah it wasn't a massive win for us, not a disaster either. Milera and Doedee are young, they will play next year and I am betting we start to see more out of Milera than we have to date with a bigger fitness base allowing him to add a bit more physicality and generally find the ball more. Look at someone like Atkins, sure he's frustrating at times but each year he's found more of the ball so no reason to think Milera won't do the same.

Everyone jumping on the “criticise the crows” bandwagon. This time of year really is ******* ******ed.

I must have missed it where everyone else thanked their delisted players. I bet very much both boys knew Monday and were thanked in the inner sanctum. Lol just more s**t jounalism from a poor excuse for one.

I must have missed it where everyone else thanked their delisted players. I bet very much both boys knew Monday and were thanked in the inner sanctum. Lol just more s**t jounalism from a poor excuse for one.
Even a few supporters of Melbourne based clubs were confused by this. Their clubs do the same, and have done for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll always have fond memories of Menzel's game against Gold Coast this year when he got 4 (count 'em) possessions for the match, which was 3 more than Talia who went off injured in the first minute.

It’s times like these that make me scratch my head, how he beat us in 2014! ‍♂️

So what does this mean for Wigg?

Either traded or has a future with us?
It probably means wait until the trade period is over, and what the end result of that is.

My best guess is the hope is we can parcel him up in a trade to find him a new "home" , depending on outcomes he'll then be either given a 1 year SANFL "depth" contract or possibly delisted and be available to other AFL clubs as a DFA? If he's delisted during trade week I'd take that as an indicator that we have someone lined up.

Wednesday , one of them was told then

On Menzel didnt someone bring up that the changes in coaches hurt him because the role he was drafted for changed?

Great piece of recruiting by the club re the 2 delistees Menzel and Gore.

We give a 2nd round pick before we find out that this Menzel's name isn't Daniel, and we take Gore as steak knives in the Dangerfield trade - only to find out that he is no more than a butter knife. :rolleyes:

Great piece of recruiting by the club re the 2 delistees Menzel and Gore.

We give a 2nd round pick before we find out that this Menzel's name isn't Daniel, and we take Gore as steak knives in the Dangerfield trade - only to find out that he is no more than a butter knife. :rolleyes:
shame recruiting didn't have 100% strike rate ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back