Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another token minority appointment. Since Walks left we've had to fill the alarmingly good looking slot.

Seriously, love Teague. Another bandage wearing kamikaze.

Could teach Plowman a thing or too about standing a resting ruckman ... not successfully mind you, but did I mention he's really a good looking rooster?

Another token minority appointment. Since Walks left we've had to fill the alarmingly good looking slot.

Seriously, love Teague. Another bandage wearing kamikaze.

Could teach Plowman a thing or too about standing a resting ruckman ... not successfully mind you, but did I mention he's really a good looking rooster?
What?! He's not a patch on Walker. Your taste in men is questionable at best!

What?! He's not a patch on Walker. Your taste in men is questionable at best!

Maybe I'm dazzled by a brilliant smile instead of the brooding type.*

* How far am I prepared to take this?

Nice to see the AFL get a bit poetic and creative - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-07/your-clubs-2017-season-in-a-haiku

I liked Carlton's haiku:

171003-blues.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player who is skillfull and composed and can use both feet? Yes please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
See, I like the idea of quality ball skills coupled with elite speed and agility; makes for the ability to play midfield, provided one can show the ability to find the ball in a stoppage.

Should we go down this road, I wouldn't be unhappy.

McDaid would be a handy pickup. Was very good this year at both Senior and U21 level.

Can/could he actually football?

Anyone know why he wasn't picked up last year after last year's testing.

An Irish Cillian would also fit in with our two (soon to be one?) Irish Ciarans....

Any chance Kouta did a training camp or similar in Northampton a few years back?[/QUOTE Had another look at the piccie of him and Cripps and you are right, quite a bit of similarity in their faces as well as the big bods.......hmmn? maybe Carlton sent him on a pollination tour around OZ about 20+ years ago!!!:rolleyes:

I hope he doesn’t speak to Zac Tuohy, because he’s unlikely to get a glowing recommendation about Carlton from him.

On the contrary, we've been one of the most successful clubs in the AFL in turning Irish players into AFL footballers.

Setanta had some sort of a career with us despite obvious limitations, we turned Tuohy into a good player, Byrne is looking good and Gus has managed to be on our list for several years and injuries have held him back...

If i was an Irish player i'd be thinking that Carlton know how to spot Irish talent and turn them into AFL players at a pretty good strike rate compared to other clubs and i'd have a higher chance at succeeding there.

On the contrary, we've been one of the most successful clubs in the AFL in turning Irish players into AFL footballers.

Setanta had some sort of a career with us despite obvious limitations, we turned Tuohy into a good player, Byrne is looking good and Gus has managed to be on our list for several years and injuries have held him back...

If i was an Irish player i'd be thinking that Carlton know how to spot Irish talent and turn them into AFL players at a pretty good strike rate compared to other clubs and i'd have a higher chance at succeeding there.

Zac Tuohy hasn’t exactly been complimentary to Carlton since we low balled him.

So like I said I hope he doesn’t speak to Zac for a reference.

Zac Tuohy hasn’t exactly been complimentary to Carlton since we low balled him.

So like I said I hope he doesn’t speak to Zac for a reference.
Tuohy is an intelligent man. I'm sure he understands the business side of footy and why it happened. He also received a very nice pay day and finals football at his new club. If he is harbouring resentment, he might need a reminder of just how much the club has done for him by even getting him in the system, but I doubt that's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back