Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to be tight next year. Think there are 9 teams that could fill the bottom four spots in the 8 with 4 teams right up there in the top 4.

This is at end of home and away. Team order is how I see them finishing but the second group will be the one that surprises most I think.

1-4
GWS,Geelong,Adelaide, Sydney

5-13
Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast, Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, Hawthorn, St Kilda.

14-18
Carlton, Brisbane, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Gold Coast

If the Lions finished last again next season I honestly think Fagan should be fired the Lions should be pushing for 6 to 10 wins next season
Not fired as it was his first year this year, but it is time Brisbane move up the ladder. Even with Rockliff out, they should have enough talent to finish higher.

If the Lions finished last again next season I honestly think Fagan should be fired the Lions should be pushing for 6 to 10 wins next season
They should be able to move up the ladder and win more than 5 games next year even without Rockliff like Lsta062 has mentioned. Like you, I think the Lions should be able to get between 6-10 wins next season. Should be aiming to get out of the bottom 4 in 2018 and that is certainly possible. I think they are going to be a pretty interesting team to watch in 2018 in terms of seeing how much improvement they make and how well your youngsters develop.

GWS lose as many as 5 best 22 players, appear to be averagely coached and don't have a great team culture outside looking in.

Don't know why they're tipped so high by so many.
We will lose 4 from the list and two you'd expect to be best 22 next year. Clubs have to turn over at least three from their list each year.

Embarassing attempt to publish your fantasy

GWS lose as many as 5 best 22 players, appear to be averagely coached and don't have a great team culture outside looking in.

Don't know why they're tipped so high by so many.

Definitely missing a decent coach. They've underperformed the last two seasons being flag favourites the whole back half of last season and 90% of this season. They actually never looked like threatening for a flag. I think it's due to the two things you mentioned.
A coach can be replaced, but can bad team culture be changed as quickly ?

1 Sydney Swans
2 Geelong
3 GWS Giants
4 Richmond
5 Melbourne
6 Western Bulldogs
7 Port Adelaide
8 Collingwood
9 West Coast Eagles
10 Hawthorn
11 Adelaide
12 Essendon
13 North Melbourne
14 Brisbane Lions
15 St Kilda
16 Fremantle
17 Carlton
18 Gold Coast Suns

The Sydney Swans will not start 0-6. Almost certain to be a top 4 team next year.

Richmond still a finals team, can still threaten especially if they play with that incredible effort week after week.

Surely it is Melbourne's turn to play in the finals in 2017. Perhaps they are the next Richmond / Bulldogs. Despite the heartbreak in 2017 I think that will motivate them in 2018.

Why do I have Adelaide in 11th. They will still be hurting after their offseason woes and poor GF performance and be hurting more after poor decision making. And with Brodie Smith out for the season and the loss of other players I think they are going to struggle. I hope I am wrong, but past history is never that pretty for the team. Picking their position is very hard, they could come back with hunger and be unstoppable next year or be a mess. Hardest team to predict for 2018.

With Brisbane I think will be off the bottom of the ladder in 2018.

Carlton and Gold Coast will struggle, probably no more than 5 wins each.

Definitely missing a decent coach. They've underperformed the last two seasons being flag favourites the whole back half of last season and 90% of this season. They actually never looked like threatening for a flag. I think it's due to the two things you mentioned.
A coach can be replaced, but can bad team culture be changed as quickly ?
Meanwhile in the real world we weren't actually flag favourites in the back half of 2016, and Crows were this year. We extended Leon for 2 years and he wont be replaced, we're very happy with him tks.

You're a troll with really poor trolling skills

1. Richmond
2. GWS
3. Melbourne
4. Adelaide
5. Bulldogs
6. Essendon
7. Geelong
8. Hawthorn

9. Sydney
10. Brisbane
11. Port Adelaide
12. West Coast
13. St Kilda
14. Gold Coast
15. Fremantle
16. Collingwood
17. Carlton
18. North Melbourne

I'm sure this won't be the most popular ladder prediction but I believe I'll be close come years end....Richmond bias aside :p

Brisbane at 10, Collingwood at 16....

This ladder pleases me.

Meanwhile in the real world we weren't actually flag favourites in the back half of 2016, and Crows were this year. We extended Leon for 2 years and he wont be replaced, we're very happy with him tks.

You're a troll with really poor trolling skills

What's wrong with you, Champ ? Do you sit by your computer waiting for people to speak negatively of GWS ? You've got issues.

As for your comments, GWS have been favourites amongst football fans and betting agency's for more of the last two years than any other team. The same will go for next year and I dare say we'll see the same end result. Keep downplaying your underperformance though. It seems to make you feel ok.

As far as trolling goes, it's pretty simple...if you aren't happy with what you're reading on BF, It doesn't necessarily mean you're being trolled. Make sense ?

What's wrong with you, Champ ? Do you sit by your computer waiting for people to speak negatively of GWS ? You've got issues.

As for your comments, GWS have been favourites amongst football fans and betting agency's for more of the last two years than any other team. The same will go for next year and I dare say we'll see the same end result. Keep downplaying your underperformance though. It seems to make you feel ok.

As far as trolling goes, it's pretty simple...if you aren't happy with what you're reading on BF, It doesn't necessarily mean you're being trolled. Make sense ?
When did you start feeling you were entilted to be outraged when your trolling and lying is challenged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
1 Sydney Swans
2 Geelong
3 GWS Giants
4 Richmond
5 Melbourne
6 Western Bulldogs
7 Port Adelaide
8 Collingwood
9 West Coast Eagles
10 Hawthorn
11 Adelaide
12 Essendon
13 North Melbourne
14 Brisbane Lions
15 St Kilda
16 Fremantle
17 Carlton
18 Gold Coast Suns

The Sydney Swans will not start 0-6. Almost certain to be a top 4 team next year.

Richmond still a finals team, can still threaten especially if they play with that incredible effort week after week.

Surely it is Melbourne's turn to play in the finals in 2017. Perhaps they are the next Richmond / Bulldogs. Despite the heartbreak in 2017 I think that will motivate them in 2018.

Why do I have Adelaide in 11th. They will still be hurting after their offseason woes and poor GF performance and be hurting more after poor decision making. And with Brodie Smith out for the season and the loss of other players I think they are going to struggle. I hope I am wrong, but past history is never that pretty for the team. Picking their position is very hard, they could come back with hunger and be unstoppable next year or be a mess. Hardest team to predict for 2018.

With Brisbane I think will be off the bottom of the ladder in 2018.

Carlton and Gold Coast will struggle, probably no more than 5 wins each.

Wow that's a pretty big drop off. Surely the reasons you give won't result in a 9 position drop ?
Will having no Lever be the biggest hit to the side ?

Outrage ? Lol. The only outrage is coming from your corner, champ. Can you now run along and cry somewhere else ?
Your melting.
And no I cant. Some naive newcomers might believe what you pisted otherwise. I feel a responsibility.

We will lose 4 from the list and two you'd expect to be best 22 next year. Clubs have to turn over at least three from their list each year.

Embarassing attempt to publish your fantasy
Richmond hasn't lost a best 22 player since as long as I can remember. At least not during the 8 years under Dimma. Was Ottens the last one? Because that was at the end of 2004.
Losing 2 best 22 players in a year isnt really normal.

Richmond hasn't lost a best 22 player since as long as I can remember. At least not during the 8 years under Dimma. Was Ottens the last one? Because that was at the end of 2004.
Actually it is. Until this year we had a reducing list size and cant be compared usefully to other clubs. This year we have a cap issue that has forced Devon Smith to seek opportunities or take a pay cut. It's a harsh business sometimes.

Nathan Wilson is moving back home to start a family. That kind of thing is a much bigger risk to non traditional states which most draftees have relocate to.
It's not a big deal though.

You'd really have to be delusional to suggest we are lising players at a problem rate. We will get compensation abd take it to the draft anyway.

Last edited:
Brett Deledio was best 22 for us last year when he played. He didn't play enough games for his loss to become a problem for us though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back