Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happydude said a player with a contract in front of them and they're not signing it. Boyd and Schache aren't at the negotiating stage.

To me it sounds like someone who is uncontracted this year or next year. Tom Lynch or someone like Setterfield (random names I've picked out).

Happydude said a player with a contract in front of them and they're not signing it. Boyd and Schache aren't at the negotiating stage.

To me it sounds like someone who is uncontracted this year or next year. Tom Lynch or someone like Setterfield (random names I've picked out).

No secret that we're heavily into Lynch and Setterfield signed on for another couple of years.

No rumour or even fact for that matter, really means a lot 12 months out. We know how those things can play out.
We all but had Tom Boyd for the following year and then........oooops. The cash came.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If rumours are to believed Boyd burnt bridges with us after going to Dogs when we had an agreement. Has 5 years remaining on approx $850k-$1m per year depending on who you believe. It wouldnt be a popular position but id be keen on him if the Bulldogs paid part of his salary which they were happy to do for Griffen and get him around $800k with the increases in the salary cap now allowing a bit more wiggle room. Trade out a 2nd rounder for him. Would obviously be based on a thorough psych assessment. Despite winning the flag in 16 it seems to be a culture issue at the Dogs. Was even happening the year they won it. Its a wonder how they kept it all together.

Contracts mean nothing these days.
They don’t mean anything if both the club and player want to release each other.

Gibbs saga last year highlights the value of a contract if either club or player does not agree to release the other.

Watts has an option to refuse going to another club and holding the Dees to his contract. But if the coach and MC are not going to give him a go, then he is wise to explore his options.

Saad and Ablett are the interesting cases. Suns adopting a SOS-like stance on Ablett (like Gibbs). Saad I suspect they are not too fussed about (no great loss).

From a friend who works at GWS;
SOS speaking to the club about a 3 player deal involving Kennedy and 2 others. He didn't give me any other names but did mention 1 played in the prelim. (Can't help but think Scully considering b70 has mentioned him before)
However he wasnt sure if it was a lock in or if GWS were even considering it. Don't shoot the messenger, i dont post too much here but i like i too when i get some decent info

SOS speaking to the club about a 3 player deal involving Kennedy and 2 others. He didn't give me any other names but did mention 1 played in the prelim. (Can't help but think Scully considering b70 has mentioned him before)
However he wasnt sure if it was a lock in or if GWS were even considering it. Don't shoot the messenger, i dont post too much here but i like i too when i get some decent info

Well i guess that makes it one of 22 players, i suppose you can rule out some though...

Callan Ward, Josh Kelly, Adam Tomlinson, Jonathon Patton, Tom Scully, Stephen Coniglio, Rory Lobb, Heath Shaw, Zac Williams. Jacob Hopper. Harrison Himmelberg, Tim Taranto. Matt De Boer, Nick Haynes, Phil Davis, Toby Greene, Brett Deledio, Lachie Whitfield, Steve Johnson, Nathan Wilson, Aidan Corr and Dylan Shiel

Down to 8?

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm thinking it's for next year.

Could Wines be a possibility?

Hmm so maybe something like pick 3 for scully, Kennedy and perryman/cumming?

A bit loathe to give up pick 3 but I would do a deal like that.

No other trade assets. Surely Gibbs would have requested a trade by now if he was going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back