Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you a good idea that will come about?
What are the current rumours, should the picks stay as are?

Brisbane: Was Dow and now seems to be LDU
Gold Coast: Would they take Rayner here? I just don't see it even though the noise is saying that Rayner will go top 2. Feel they'd prefer LDU
Carlton: Was Rayner, but not sure we'd go that way.
North: It's all Stephenson. Someone threw the snowball and it's become an avalanche.
Fremantle: Some noise around Brayshaw here.
Collingwood: ???? Cerra???
St.Kilda: Coffield
St.Kilda: Reckon this one will be traded.
Freo are pretty keen Sam hayes

Looking at Stephensons highlights it looks to me like he would have a lot of upside given a couple of years development in the gym. Seems explosive although kicking maybe a little suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't want anyone who has queries over their kicking, particularly with #3.

Looking at the footage of Stephenson and his body shape, it seems to me he would have a lot upside with a couple of
I've checked out Dow a little more. I'd prefer LDU but Dow looks like a hell of a player too. I'd be happy with him.

Just been watching his highlights. Smaller build but eerily similar to Cripps' highlights package at U/18 level.

Seems to be another 'extractor' and great vision with his handball from tight situations which is an absolute must in today's footy.

Won't be disappointed with him !!

We are going to get a cracker at 3, all of whom fill a need. Dow and LDU give us midfield depth, Raynor can hit the scoreboard and go into the midfield. Live what any of them add; determined by who is left. Really happy with any to tell the truth. Don't mess around with anyone else unless other picks come or way through the trade period.

We are going to get a cracker at 3, all of whom fill a need. Dow and LDU give us midfield depth, Raynor can hit the scoreboard and go into the midfield. Live what any of them add; determined by who is left. Really happy with any to tell the truth. Don't mess around with anyone else unless other picks come or way through the trade period.
I hope if the choice is between Dow and Cerra, we go with Cerra.

How bizarre! They streamed it live via the AFL website...

I thought that they would put it up by now, but no dice.

I don't do the whole social media shindig, but if someone got onto Cal Twomey he might know

I thought that they would put it up by now, but no dice.

I don't do the whole social media shindig, but if someone got onto Cal Twomey he might know
I just emailed the AFL website to ask. I had this afternoon penciled in all week to finally sit and check it out. Now to go back to YouTube clips

I just emailed the AFL website to ask. I had this afternoon penciled in all week to finally sit and check it out. Now to go back to YouTube clips

There are a few TAC Cups games in full online if you're interested, I can post the links?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_2515.PNG What do we think of this:

GWS give up pick 11 (obtained for Devon smith and 23), and pick 8 (obtained from st. kilda for Adam Tomlinson) and Matthew Kennedy for pick 3 and 2018 2nd (pick 25).

Seen a lot worse.... id probably do that tbh. GWS get Rayner everyones happy
We could then trade Gibbs for 10 and 35 plus wigg. Either use 8, 10, 11 this year of package up some for a huge crack at 2018 draft. This allows us to have another learning year for our young midfield (more time for SPS, fisher, Kennedy in the middle without Gibbs). We could even add some mature depth in jack trengrove and Sam Gibson.

There's plenty we can do.

The good thing about Carlton right now is no one wants to leave everyone wants to be apart of it. Eventually we will have an abundance of talent and we will be able to trade out depth like GWS have been doing for 4 years.

... Eventually we will have an abundance of talent and we will be able to trade out depth like GWS have been doing for 4 years.
Agree. After 2018 off-season, clubs will be offering draft picks for players who are not in our Best 22.

This year and next year to clean out / upgrade on the bottom 8-10 players on our list: (Armfield, Gorringe, Jaksch and Sumner already) and Palmer, Buckley, Graham, Boekhorst and Smedts.

Thomas, Simpson, Rowe and White to retire.

I just want to pick up the next chris Judd. Please please.

On a serious note. Our young list needs needs a grade players Like a Martin, danger, Selwood ect

Cripps could be but we need players to build a team around.

I would have thought that St. Kilda giving up #8 fir Tomlinson would have been even less likely that #11 for Smith .....
Tomlinson looks even better than he did in 2015 when we offered 11. So 8 it very said after his prelim final. He looked like one of the only GWS players out their having a crack. Pair that with their lack of talls and the price goes up. Can't have all their height playing for other clubs.

Back