Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

This. According to El Presidente discussions had been ongoing with Triggs for a couple of months.
So how was Triggs blindsided??
Also, Triggs resigned immediately AFTER Caro's article was published.
Obviously just a huge coincidence in this timing and the CFC attempting to go into damage control.

Wilson's not responsible for Triggs resignation. However, she certainly influenced its timing and hastened the announcement. That's solely on her.
As for the news about Triggs being a FIFO, well that was a truly 'WTH??!!' revelation.
Not sure how an AFL club CEO of a Melbourne based team is meant to woo sponsors, fraternise and network at industry events and conduct business, when they're spending part of their week in Adelaide.
It's unsustainable and untenable long term.
Neatly said.

It seems they're trying to progress the club which has stagnated in certain areas, though has been for some time.

If, as has been alluded, we've got a disgruntled board member opening up to the press, then that splinter should be investigated as the unity of the board has been breached against a potential improvement for our executive team.

Not sure on what communication between the parties but you'd think a review must have been in the wings along with all staff from the season gone.

You're implying nobody that gets headhunted works out well
Well this new guy has been through no process and will go through a sham process
His problem is there is at least one person on the board that finds his appointment and his character unpalatable
I agree. It's not a good look for a supposedly transparent Carlton board.

Yep, cause the Airline tickets to and from Adelaide would be a cheaper option. Can you even imagine what that would cost in money and time ?

My 10 cents worth here..If he didnt move over when he was supposed to..then...he really didn't buy into the whole Bolton approach of

" I work for Carlton, or I AM Carlton:" Theres a difference and I would suggest that Mr Triggs stance was "I work for Carlton" & I will remain in Adelaide..

Sorry Triggy,,you need to buy in mate....
Good points.

And in the groundwork Trigg has laid for the inclusiveness etc, that can be carried on and improved whilst hitting higher notes in the other areas we need to gain ground on to be a successful AFL club.

I don't have a problem with changing the CEO after 3 years.

Triggs done a great job on improving the culture and the inclusiveness of the club, but has been unable to restore the club's financial strength.

I'd say it's time for a comercial hard hitter to finish the job and it's the board's job to find one.

A lack of due process only becomes a problem if the appointment doesnt work out. But lets say it is paul roos that wants to coach (assuming no BB) do we really need to do due process ? Surely there is a case that if the person comes with an impeccable performance record , then you dont look a gift horse.....
Sure lethlean has baggage, so did trigg (remember all the angst over his appointment). I guarantee you in 5 years time everyone will have forgotten the Lethlean debacle. All that will be left is his performance over that time

A lack of due process only becomes a problem if the appointment doesnt work out. But lets say it is paul roos that wants to coach (assuming no BB) do we really need to do due process ? Surely there is a case that if the person comes with an impeccable performance record , then you dont look a gift horse.....
Sure lethlean has baggage, so did trigg (remember all the angst over his appointment). I guarantee you in 5 years time everyone will have forgotten the Lethlean debacle. All that will be left is his performance over that time
Paul Roos isn't that much of a gift horse that due diligence wouldn't be required. Perhaps we'll miss out on an amazing CEO because we're only looking in the AFL's backyard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Roos isn't that much of a gift horse that due diligence wouldn't be required. Perhaps we'll miss out on an amazing CEO because we're only looking in the AFL's backyard.

The good CEOs at club level seem to have a pretty solid link in the industry rather than coming from outside though. I can understand having a crack at a very strong candidate, so long as it doesn't blow up in our face and we lose Trigg as well as miss out.

Some things I don't need to know about. Knowing Trigg was FIFO wasn't important while he was ticking boxes. If we were that transparent the media would have made it an issue with every little issue, with every loss. We don't need to know because the media don't need to know.

The good CEOs at club level seem to have a pretty solid link in the industry rather than coming from outside though. I can understand having a crack at a very strong candidate, so long as it doesn't blow up in our face and we lose Trigg as well as miss out.
Yeah I hear what you're saying, and I suppose it is a unique-ish industry, but I really dislike the thought of Gil presenting Lethlean and us just taking him at face value. Obviously I don't know that that is how it's gone down, but IF it is, then I don't like it.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, and I suppose it is a unique-ish industry, but I really dislike the thought of Gil presenting Lethlean and us just taking him at face value. Obviously I don't know that that is how it's gone down, but IF it is, then I don't like it.

Yeah fair enough. Things went badly for the club when it started fighting city hall, so our best chance at returning to what we once were is working with them as closely as possible. We don't have issues with supporter base numbers, maybe this is our fastest way at off field growth, with the on field and footy department looking solid.

I think in regards to the commercial performance of the club you would obviously need to look at it bearing in mind our on field results over the last few years. Very hard to build membership numbers when your down the bottom of the ladder. Same would go with attracting sponsorships.

From an executive point of view there would be only so much that could be done. I’m not so much defending Trigg as it’s just the reality of the situation. The Bulldogs managed to increase their membership numbers by 53% from 2015 to 2017, obviously winning matches and premierships goes a long way to solving financial problems.

Y
I think in regards to the commercial performance of the club you would obviously need to look at it bearing in mind our on field results over the last few years. Very hard to build membership numbers when your down the bottom of the ladder. Same would go with attracting sponsorships.

From an executive point of view there would be only so much that could be done. I’m not so much defending Trigg as it’s just the reality of the situation. The Bulldogs managed to increase their membership numbers by 53% from 2015 to 2017, obviously winning matches and premierships goes a long way to solving financial problems.
Yes when you consider the above, Trigg appears to be scapegoated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back