2017 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will only get better with more games into these boys. There Father and Grandfather were both stand out Qld footballers. Definitely worth an enquiry.
Corey was about the best on ground in an Allstar game at the MCG a couple of years ago but seems injury prone.

MALTSY

Club Legend
May 2, 2011
silver sands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I always find this time of year interesting as it is a test of the 'sources'!

On the one hand, after being with us during our worst years, going to a finals level team makes sense, but on the other hand going to a state where neither his nor his partner's family are (relevant when you have just had a baby!), and to a club where your ex-coach with whom you had several sizable run-ins is the midfield coach doesn't make so much sense!

Hello again. Thanks for Rocky. We will take good care of him and ensure he has a premiership or two before his retirement.
Good luck raiding the Crows...Lynch, Cameron and Sloane would be handy for you guys.
Now...where is my grease??

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hello again. Thanks for Rocky. We will take good care of him and ensure he has a premiership or two before his retirement.
Good luck raiding the Crows...Lynch, Cameron and Sloane would be handy for you guys.
Now...where is my grease??
Not sure who you were talking to about grease and I'm not sure I want to know!

Look after rocky for us (and pay him enough for band 1 compo :p)

It's never too late to redeem yourself:

saintsmembership.com.au

You should join! we've got an exciting young list, complete with young gun ruckman.

#toosoon?

Ditto. And we can offer dual citizenship as well. Get on board while there are seats. It will get crowded.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
1&19 (rocky compo) for 7&8 is dreaming for saints fans right?

If we didn't have pick 12 as well, I think we'd take a look at it, but with pick 12 in hand, I think we probably hold onto pick 1.

If you go by the points system, pick 1 alone is worth only fractionally less than 7 & 8 combined.

If we didn't have pick 12 as well, I think we'd take a look at it, but with pick 12 in hand, I think we probably hold onto pick 1.

If you go by the points system, pick 1 alone is worth only fractionally less than 7 & 8 combined.
Yeah it's how our board sees it anyway.

I remember when we had pick1 for mccartin GWS offered 4 and 7 for 1 and 19 and saints hated that albeit in a weaker top end draft

liam123

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah it's how our board sees it anyway.

I remember when we had pick1 for mccartin GWS offered 4 and 7 for 1 and 19 and saints hated that albeit in a weaker top end draft
I reckon your better off with 7&8 just personally. The best 10-12 in this draft are not far off each other

I feel that any pick swap involving pick 1 would have to involve something top-5 coming back. If you could upgrade one of them somehow (left as an exercise for the reader), then we've got something we can talk about.

I reckon your better off with 7&8 just personally. The best 10-12 in this draft are not far off each other
But there are different types on offer and different needs which makes it like any other draft.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I'd be all for 18 and 2 (Rocky compo:D) for 7&8. You can then take Rayner at 2.

Would be delicious, take 1, 7, 8 and 12 to the draft and find something else to give the Crows for Charlie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd be all for 18 and 2 (Rocky compo:D) for 7&8. You can then take Rayner at 2.

Would be delicious, take 1, 7, 8 and 12 to the draft and find something else to give the Crows for Charlie.
Don't wake up and enjoy ur little dream a bit longer lol. Dream up something specific for Charlie or it may turn into a nightmare!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Soooooo.....

6 for Schache and 19?
upload_2017-10-9_9-54-39.jpeg

Soooooo.....

6 for Schache and 19?

I think something along these lines is very doable. But i reckon this trade will be left to sit on for awhile just to see if anything else comes up from other trades.

I think something along these lines is very doable. But i reckon this trade will be left to sit on for awhile just to see if anything else comes up from other trades.
Likewise I think that Collingwood and Richmond will be pretty coy going in to any discussions given the circumstances. Sounds very much like player and club have come to an agreement rather than a trade request being made because of other clubs actively pursuing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back