Autopsy Wayne Carey: "Jack > Buddy"

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because you may not be as good as Buddy or Carey doesn't make him a poor footballer. He is a great footballer.

He is actually one of the smartest footballers I have ever seen. With ball in hand he sets up others beautifully. He is also one of the best non preferred foot kicks in the AFL and this is one talent he has that is better than either Carey or Buddy.

That iconic footage of Buddy getting nailed HTB at the pointy end of last years GF, and Boyd burying the long goal, comes to mind.

Jack never dropped a premiership like Buddy did.

Buddy is a bit like old Richo, u get the brilliant with the bumbling, his length of the field goal this year was an exhibition of how not to bounce the ball on the run, God knows how he still had it in his possession to shoot for goal, but he nailed it!

Just because you may not be as good as Buddy or Carey doesn't make him a poor footballer. He is a great footballer.

He is actually one of the smartest footballers I have ever seen. With ball in hand he sets up others beautifully. He is also one of the best non preferred foot kicks in the AFL and this is one talent he has that is better than either Carey or Buddy.
Also, the tap ons to advantage, the body positioning to allow comrades space, general decision making is very good.

Not a bad voice either.

3.4 is not great but he was still absolutely dominant -24 disposals, 4 contested marks. Singlehandedly got Hawks back into the game in the third. Roughead went 0.3, Gunston missed an easy shot in the last quarter, bad misses were happening all over the place.

2012 GF taught Hawks a lot - fix the ruck issue and add steel to defence (get Lake and punt Young who fell over when he heard the oncoming footsteps of Mitch Morton).

Agree with everything but it was Hale and buddy that kick started them. And it was Jacks footsteps Young heard, Morton won the 2 v 1 to get it to the young/Jack "contest"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon Jack is the Cyril of key forwards.

Influences the game above what the stats suggest with his fast football brain doing little things you don’t alwags notice.

For example, the ball is bouncing towards him and his opponent. Somehow, the ball bounces through their legs and then Butler is running into a loose ball.

Coincidence?

No... on the replay you can see Jack’s eyes on Butler, and he lifts his leg and deflects the ball at the right angle to create a goal.

Buddy rarely plays that type of game (but he’s a better player overall..)

Both Buddy and Jack are excellent after the ball hits the ground - they’d both make capable midfielders. That’s something that sets them apart from the Hawkins / Walker / Jenkins type of tall forwards who are more reliant on their height to take marks above their head to influence the game that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddys got more talent in his little toe than rewolt. Reiwolt is a glorified kent kingsley. He's not even close to Pav, Lloyd, J Brown let alone Buddy. If i was being generous id put him in the same category as daniel Bradshaw.

Junktime Jack wins a premiership and suddenly he is the best forward in the competition?

Nah
I see it’s just convienient alliteration but I hate this myth.

Most Current 'First Goal' Scorers (Data Since 2008 From AFL Tables)
1. Jack Riewoldt (Rich) - 36 first goals

2. Josh K. Kennedy (WC/Carl) - 29

3. Jarryd Roughead (Haw) - 23

4. Steve Johnson (GWS/Geel) - 21

5. Nick Riewoldt (St K) - 20

6. Lance Franklin (Syd/Haw) - 19

6. Kurt Tippett (Syd/Adel) - 19

8. Eddie Betts (Adel/Carl) - 18

9. Drew Petrie (WC/NM) - 17

9. Travis Cloke (WB/Coll) - 17

11. Tom Hawkins (Geel) - 16

Article was from May this year

The guy has also won 2 Coleman’s and has kicked 50+ goals 7 out of the last 8 years (the other he kicked 48), in those 8 years he’s had 8 goalless games with none this year. Extremely underrated player that is hated because he is passionate and emotional which translates into ‘punchable head’ to opposition fans but manic pressure, premiership forward to Richmond fans.

Carey is trolling with Buddy>Jack but there is only a very short list in front of him in the AFL. I saw someone mention piggy Hawkins in front of him too. *ing lol to that

Trust Carey to continue to bash Buddy in order to protect his status and ego, Buddy is the only one since Carey to take his status.

Not surprised that the only person to write or make this comparison is Carey.

yarren was one of the most talented players on richmonds list this season

talent is overrated
Fair call but buddy also has the runs on the board compared to reiwolt so your points redundant. In every facet buddy is a better player. /thread

Buddy is at level of lebron james. So good that they are actually banging down the door of goats and the argument is close enough that people actually have to make a case against them being a goat rather than laughing the discussion off...if that makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back