Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

can anyone confirm the crows changed the votes in their b&f to ensure Lever wasn't in the top 10?
You'd hope no club would be that petty, I did find it odd he didn't finish top 10 but I also don't know how their voting structure goes. I think he only played 17 games so maybe that hurt him.

Well done West Coast sniper, we lose Francis , for what. Please don't reply.
Anyone with half a football brain surely. Could name half the list to move on bar him.

I was always suspicious of T.Menzel having a long career in the AFL - He started his career promisingly but never developed the work-rate to be a consistent AFL player - Carlton know what they were doing 2 years ago - Troy was never as good as Daniel.

Low ball lever with a 400k a year offer. Get filthy when he decides to move and get what the market dictates.

Offer Motlop 600k a year.

That's smart list management.

It's a starting point for a negotiation.

You only take opening positions personally because you want to.

On another matter, the primary issue is that there is no perspective as far as Lever is concerned. It's a nice story to speculate that the reason Lever did not finish in the top 10 was because Adelaide rigged the votes.

They had a great season and Betts finished 10th. The players who finished ahead of Betts were either more structural/selfless roles (e.g. Walker and Lynch who may not have had better seasons using the ordinary metrics) or they simply had better seasons and I don't think that we'd dispute it.

Talia and Hartigan play on key forwards and Lever floats in to take mainly uncontested marks. You've got to beat an opponent to be regarded as a genuinely good defender.

It's a starting point for a negotiation.

You only take opening positions personally because you want to.
I'm sure Lever's camp made a counter offer. Surely.

Melbourne is probably over paying, but 400k after the new cba, would place lever just above the average AFL salary. You cant begrudge the bloke for looking elsewhere and then accepting Melbourne's offer, which would seem a hell of a lot more than Adelaide were prepared to or could offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray diagnosed with testicular cancer.

Shocking news. I hope he doesn't miss games, he's an absolute pleasure to watch.

I'm sure Lever's camp made a counter offer. Surely.

Melbourne is probably over paying, but 400k after the new cba, would place lever just above the average AFL salary. You cant begrudge the bloke for looking elsewhere and then accepting Melbourne's offer, which would seem a hell of a lot more than Adelaide were prepared to or could offer.

I suspect that what happened is that they used it as an excuse because Melbourne had already been in Lever's ear.

Shocking news. I hope he doesn't miss games, he's an absolute pleasure to watch.
Supposibly has already had the tumour removed and will do some precautionary chemo.

Club said he will be right for the start of preseason.

Just horrible news, all the best with your upcoming fight Robbie.

Horrible news but it all sounds positive from here, which is good.

Do we think that this is why Port went after Rockliff? He's a really good player but I don't know why he'd be so valuable to Port that their offer would be high enough to trump that of Carlton, for example.

I reckon that Port have shuffled some payments to bring Rockliff to protect them against the potential that Gray might struggle next year.

Horrible news but it all sounds positive from here, which is good.

Do we think that this is why Port went after Rockliff? He's a really good player but I don't know why he'd be so valuable to Port that their offer would be high enough to trump that of Carlton, for example.

I reckon that Port have shuffled some payments to bring Rockliff to protect them against the potential that Gray might struggle next year.

To me Wines Boak Ebert Rockliff are all similiar players, not sure why they need Rockliff unless they plan to play him fwd part time. So maybe you are right as Robbie played fwd this year.
Having said that I think Rockliffs forward prowess has faded over time.

To me Wines Boak Ebert Rockliff are all similiar players, not sure why they need Rockliff unless they plan to play him fwd part time. So maybe you are right as Robbie played fwd this year.
Having said that I think Rockliffs forward prowess has faded over time.
Ill cop Boak, Wines and Rockliff, but Brad Ebert would compete with Gaff and Scully as one of the best runners in the competition. The guy is criminally underrated out of SA, absolutely love how he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back