FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mind Michelle until tonight. But she was a complete bitch to Jericho so glad she left.

Go Tara, win it for us Dumb guys.

Seriously though, she doesn't get enough credit, for actually showing she had game and strategy from about the 8 players left stage.

Shes made moves.
Irrelevant to a degree. She was voted out. The tribe spoke. You need a bit of luck at times in the game, but that was too far.

US Survivor is 2 hours if you include the reunion.
Yeah, but US Survivor is an 85-90min finale (+reunion) whilst booting 3-4 people, rest assured ours will be 65-70min (+ reunion) whilst booting 1. There is going to be an absolute ton of pointless filler. The one benefit though is we're a good chance of seeing a 40min reunion for the first time since the pre-Probst era. I can't see a 25-30min rush job reunion happening like some seasons of the US.

Michelle is such a condescending bitch
Michelle is the only person across all the seasons I've seen US and others, that somehow manages to come off as condescending talking to camera, let alone when she is talking to others.

But she realised she had no chance of winning as it stands, so made a move which she can now spin a story behind to the jury. That plus her gunning for Locky at least gives her some sort of a resume.

Clever and obvious move by Tara, had to be done, no matter who was on the chopping board.
I think you're giving Tara way too much credit here, specifically realising she had no chance of winning as things stood. Everything across the series points to Tara not having much of a clue about most things Survivor and she has frequently overrated her own gameplay. Tara strikes me as the type of Survivor player who thinks they can win because they're still there. As invisible a game as Pete has played at least he can say, he has never been voted out.

The big thing about Tara's rhetoric tonight, is if Tara is of the mindset that the jury will respect her taking the best player with her, in the event that a freak wave manages to knock Jeri & Pete off the perch and Tara somehow survives, it may give Jeri a legitimate second out.

Go Tara, win it for us Dumb guys.

Seriously though, she doesn't get enough credit, for actually showing she had game and strategy from about the 8 players left stage.

Shes made moves.

Making moves does not equal making good moves.

Also, she was technically voted out (but so was Lil, and she nearly won)

Michelle is the only person across all the seasons I've seen US and others, that somehow manages to come off as condescending talking to camera, let alone when she is talking to others.
Did you miss this bloke's season?

dan-foley-01-435.jpg

Irrelevant to a degree. She was voted out. The tribe spoke. You need a bit of luck at times in the game, but that was too far.
This. Annaleise was hard done by, or unlucky. Tara was voted the * out. It was a stupid twist then, and it's even worse now.

Well that episode turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting, the first half hour with the family reunion stuff was cringeworthy garbage as usual but the tribal going down to a fire making challenge was epic.

I thought Jericho was screwed when he failed to win immunity but he did a great job of scrambling to save himself and finally Tara did something useful by splitting the vote rather than just going for the easy option to vote out Jericho. The look on Pete and Michelle's faces when they realised it was a split vote was priceless, you could tell the jury loved it too especially Luke and Locky.

Looking forward to the finale now, if it was just Pete, Michelle and Tara in the finale I would have had zero interest in it.

Michelle is such a condescending bitch

I could see the jury not going her way if she is final 2 as she will talk down to them at the final tribal
Check out the Jury Villa.
She was winning if she made the final 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think people are letting Michelle's voice cloud their judgment. She was a smart player and really a good narrator for the season. Had her finger on the pulse and only made a few errors - one being tonight, trusting Tara over sticking with Jericho - and voting with Locky after being scared he had an idol (but that didn't hurt her game).

The criticism of Tara's move is harsh, I think she simply had to do it.

Before that, she was losing in Final 2 no matter what - to Pete, to Jeri, to Michelle...it didn't matter.

But she realised she had no chance of winning as it stands, so made a move which she can now spin a story behind to the jury. That plus her gunning for Locky at least gives her some sort of a resume.

If she goes against Jeri, fine she still loses, but she was losing anyway.

But IF Pete wins immunity (and he's a chance), then Pete takes her and all of a sudden Tara is a chance at winning. Although her resume isn't strong, it at least has something. Pete on the other hand will struggle owning anything as his own.

Clever and obvious move by Tara, had to be done, no matter who was on the chopping board.

Agreed. I'm not sure if that's genuinely why she did it, but if she'd just been dragged along in a Jericho vote, what would she have on her resume to beat Peter or Michelle? All things being equal, I'd back either of them to have presented their case better to an undecided jury too.

But now she at least has a puncher's chance, if it's her and Pete in the final two. She's given herself a glimmer of hope, because surely she makes final two now. That doesn't take in to account that if it's her and Pete in the final two, Pete has almost certainly just taken out the final two immunities (which puts his resume back above hers).

Interesting to consider what (if any) part Tessa's answer to Jericho's question played in Tara's decision. When you think about it, Tessa may ultimately have been critical in getting Jericho the win.

The other thing about last night's result and the certainty of Tara making the final two now is that a bitter Michelle's cross examination of her is going to be glorious.

Continued in Part 2: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/australian-survivor-part-2.1181642/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back