FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
What a play by Tara, I have new-found respect for her. That bitch Michelle was extremely full of herself, and her face when she realised she was getting shafted was great to watch.

Jericho or Tara need to win, Peter doesn't deserve it.

I think you're giving Tara way too much credit here, specifically realising she had no chance of winning as things stood. Everything across the series points to Tara not having much of a clue about most things Survivor and she has frequently overrated her own gameplay. Tara strikes me as the type of Survivor player who thinks they can win because they're still there. As invisible a game as Pete has played at least he can say, he has never been voted out.

The big thing about Tara's rhetoric tonight, is if Tara is of the mindset that the jury will respect her taking the best player with her, in the event that a freak wave manages to knock Jeri & Pete off the perch and Tara somehow survives, it may give Jeri a legitimate second out.

BB pretty much agree with all of that bar the first line. Tara may not have realised on her own but it was pretty hard for even her to miss it when Tessa spelled it out for her previous episode as MC ED alludes to below.

MC I still don't think Tara has much chance against either of the others but she has at least improved her game a little. Worst case for her would have been if JLP had given Michelle a match and kero and she'd won the fire challenge. Even then it might have won Tara Jeri's vote from the jury for voting with him.

Agreed. I'm not sure if that's genuinely why she did it, but if she'd just been dragged along in a Jericho vote, what would she have on her resume to beat Peter or Michelle? All things being equal, I'd back either of them to have presented their case better to an undecided jury too.

But now she at least has a puncher's chance, if it's her and Pete in the final two. She's given herself a glimmer of hope, because surely she makes final two now. That doesn't take in to account that if it's her and Pete in the final two, Pete has almost certainly just taken out the final two immunities (which puts his resume back above hers).

Interesting to consider what (if any) part Tessa's answer to Jericho's question played in Tara's decision. When you think about it, Tessa may ultimately have been critical in getting Jericho the win.

The other thing about last night's result and the certainty of Tara making the final two now is that a bitter Michelle's cross examination of her is going to be glorious.

Well that episode turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting, the first half hour with the family reunion stuff was cringeworthy garbage as usual but the tribal going down to a fire making challenge was epic.

I thought Jericho was screwed when he failed to win immunity but he did a great job of scrambling to save himself and finally Tara did something useful by splitting the vote rather than just going for the easy option to vote out Jericho. The look on Pete and Michelle's faces when they realised it was a split vote was priceless, you could tell the jury loved it too especially Luke and Locky.

Looking forward to the finale now, if it was just Pete, Michelle and Tara in the finale I would have had zero interest in it.

agree with everything

MC I still don't think Tara has much chance against either of the others but she has at least improved her game a little. Worst case for her would have been if JLP had given Michelle a match and kero and she'd won the fire challenge. Even then it might have won Tara Jeri's vote from the jury for voting with him.

Yeah, she would have been in a better position if it was straight to the final jury following last night, because it's hard to see her finishing anything other than a distant third in tonight's challenge, which would again put Pete back above her (which he probably still is anyway, in fairness).

Yeah but that thing happens in every survivor season. The jury are always self congratulating and over valuing peoples games once they become a jury member with them
Yeah you're right Michelle was garbage and they were just making her feel good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you're right Michelle was garbage and they were just making her feel good

Lol so many tears

Relax i never said she was garbage, i said putting any stock into ponderosa videos after a person has been voted out is pointless because juries always like you 10x more once you are one of them

Lol so many tears

Relax i never said she was garbage, i said putting any stock into ponderosa videos after a person has been voted out is pointless because juries always like you 10x more once you are one of them
But what I'm saying is that it was more than a typical jury response, which you've just dismissed despite not watching the video.

But what I'm saying is that it was more than a typical jury response, which you've just dismissed despite not watching the video.

They could have all come up and told her she was the best player there and they would have voted for her. Its irrelevant unless they were also saying the same thing when she was still in the game

Tara might be a goat but she's an unpredictable goat, Pete and Michelle arrogantly assumed she would just follow along with them and vote for Jericho but it backfired when the goat went rogue.

There's still no way she deserves to win but she's redeemed herself slightly in the last couple of tribals by shaking things up and not just going with the flow.

Did you miss this bloke's season?

dan-foley-01-435.jpg
I bow to your superior memory. I'd managed to erase him from my own until your picture brought him flooding back

Just watched the Jury Villa. Seemed like the standard ass kissing to me.

I bow to your superior memory. I'd managed to erase him from my own until your picture brought him flooding back
Haha, sorry about that. As soon as I heard Michelle speak this season all I could picture was Dan, who I remember because he reminds me of an equally condescending relative of mine.

Watchers of the US version, how often is the fire challenge used in the final 4?
By my count, three times in the last 20 or so seasons .
13, 30 and 32

And they've actually changed the rule from 35 onwards,
immunity winner chooses someone to join them in final 3, other two make fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back