List Mgmt. 2017 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If he fell to us, I bet we'd take him.
Wouldn't be at all dissapointed to see O'Brein in the yellow and black.
we need talls but let's wait and see what's available at our pick/s. I suppose best available still applies for first rounders, then pick for needs with later picks.

Gut feeling is we take Oscar Allen.
some bloke called scoop on pre reckons we wont take him at all club feels he is a taller version of lennon

Which of the talls being discussed will be able to add some tackling and defensive pressure along with being a marking target? Surely we don't just draft a big dinosaur after what the flag was built on.

I'm not sure we even need to go with another tall. The game is changing and some people maybe reverting to old thinking. All this talk of castagna going is just nuts.

So Bishop , appreciate your insight.....

With discussions yesterday about a possible 10 + 27 trade for 15 + 17 with Melbourne..... which set of picks would you prefer?

If we are after a particular tall, 10 would pretty much allow us to get him and 27 can be used on Naish?

Or.... do you believe we have real (hopeful) targets at 15 + 17 that we can quite possibly select?

Interested to hear which of the 2 sets of picks you would prefer, if you had them.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've looked through a couple of phantom threads and there seems to be no mention of Naish in top 20 predictions - thoughts?

is him sliding to us after our 2 1st round picks a very real possibility?

Yes he will not be picked up before our pick. The media has run with it to sell to the Tiger masses, which is compounded by "draft experts" (cal twomey and landersberg I'm looking at you) saying he is top 10. Now they are all slowly backing away from that call, saw Twomey has him out to 15 now.

Most actual experts have always had him at 20+ especially as he is so outside like Aish and Toumpas.

Yes he will not be picked up before our pick. The media has run with it to sell to the Tiger masses, which is compounded by "draft experts" (cal twomey and landersberg I'm looking at you) saying he is top 10. Now they are all slowly backing away from that call, saw Twomey has him out to 15 now.

Most actual experts have always had him at 20+ especially as he is so outside like Aish and Toumpas.

Hope to Christ he is nothing like those two

that is where i actually thought he was placed earlier in the season - i saw him as a 2rd rounder - around pick 25-30, but being in Bris, i dont get to see much of the under 18s. but then the hype machine started and i thought there was a chance we'd have to use one of our 1st round picks.

So glad we wont. i feel he could be a draft steal in the 20s though. especially with RFC game plan - outside run is a big part of our game.

Since June i have been amazed at reports of Naish as a top 15 selection

Just doesnt look like a 1st rounder imo unless there is a francis Jackson out there that likes to take a gamble, Skinny outside players without elite speed and elite disposal don't usually go top 20 imo. Naish has virtually no inside game and questionable kicking with average pace

I would rather have Connor Menadue than Patrick Naish on the list, Im hopeful a pick #25 +

Since June i have been amazed at reports of Naish as a top 15 selection

Just doesnt look like a 1st rounder imo unless there is a francis Jackson out there that likes to take a gamble, Skinny outside players without elite speed and elite disposal don't usually go top 20 imo. Naish has virtually no inside game and questionable kicking with average pace

I would rather have Connor Menadue than Patrick Naish on the list, Im hopeful a pick #25 +
Some feel he has the attributes to be similar to zack merrett both who share very traits and similar draft years.

Some feel he has the attributes to be similar to zack merrett both who share very traits and similar draft years.

I doubt Naish’s disposal is as good as Merrett’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back