General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

You can change it back to the old one for a while, but it will eventually be turned off and then you will have to get used to this one all over again.

At the moment Chief is actively making changes based on your feedback about the new theme. I've been using it for about three months now and you do get used to it, and it is getting better all the time as old features are brought across to the new theme. If you want to let him know what changes you would like to see there is a thread for it (the link in the announcement banner at the top of the forum).

Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
According to "Wikipedia" this is the 1942 Grand Final team, maybe some one can work it out from that.

Essendon
B:
Elton Plummer Cec Ruddell Perc Bushby
HB: Bob Flanigan Wally Buttsworth Allan Hird
C: Ernie Coward Laurie Dearle Jack Caesar
HF: Gordon Abbott Gordon Lane Bill Hutchison
F: Tom Reynolds Ted Leehane Murray Exelby
Foll: Hugh Torney Jack Cassin Dick Reynolds (c)
Reserve(s): Sid Silk
Coach: Dick Reynolds

20170928_1942Colour_H.jpg

Question: What are the typical pay ranges for coaching staff?

I said in the trade thread that Stanton got picked up by Carlton and it prompted me to wonder what he might be earning.
Interesting question. Someone else might have a better answer, but I was curious and did a bit of googling, it looks like there isn't a standard contract for coaches, and as of this article in 2011: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e78a217d5?sv=89df277adc5c9108525f588991080a74

The average wage for senior coaches was 525k and assistants was 125k. Altogether with 17 clubs they were spending 9mil on senior coaches and 16mil on assistants.

I imagine it's gone up a bit since then, but it's a starting point I suppose.

I think there is a cap on football department spending generally, which would presumably include coaching salaries?

Zyzz

Debutant
Oct 13, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
to add on to my above question:
say if i got the bronze home package, reserved seat. every game i went to do i have to print a ticket off or just rock up with the membership card?

and with the bronze home/away access, is there reserved seating for the away games ?

Last edited:

Arctic fox

It's only a game
Mar 22, 2017
Out west
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was watching replay of that great game in 2001, when Norf were 12 goals up and we won, and noticed sitting on the bench next to players with headphones on was Dodoro. What was his role at the club back then?

Was watching replay of that great game in 2001, when Norf were 12 goals up and we won, and noticed sitting on the bench next to players with headphones on was Dodoro. What was his role at the club back then?
DJ

Just wondering when we might have our old wallpaper back?

The one fodzilla (I think) made before he disappeared was good too. Might be a nice off season change. :)

Back