News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want him at the club in 2018 no matter what. We need to maximise our return now.

And if GC are reportedly into Motlop, why wouldn't they be throwing similar $$$ at Charlie instead. Surely an hour by road wouldn't be too far for the boyz to travel?

Mate the deal will get done regardless.
Would we want to be down Smith, Lever & Cameron with no player traded in? I doubt it.

We would want at least Motlop or Gibbs, before releasing CC.

Charlie has checked out, would be a list clogger at best if still with us.
I think we will trade out CC but Imo we are hedging til we know we have an in. We can't decimate out depth.

Last 10 #12 picks-:

2016 Jy Simpkin
2015 Charlie Curnow

2014 Corey Ellis
2013 Ben Lennon
2012 Kristian Jaksch
2011 Sam Docherty
2010 Lucas Cook
2009 Kane Lucas
2008 Lewis Johnston
2007 Cyril Rioli

Only 4 ticks for me, and I may be going too early on Jy Simpkin.
And how many successes at #13. Or #14?

It's not about the number, it's about getting the 12th best kid in the entire country this draft. And if he has any basic level of consistency and playing week in week out, even as a role player, then he's better than an obviously dejected and defeated CC that will give us nothing next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Reid stirring the pot by mentioning WA?

34130708df2306f54f06d2e66c25fbee.jpg

He’s negotiating not stirring

Reminding Brisbane that he might not be as set in his mind as they’d like to believe

This isn’t a swipe at Brisbane but I genuinely believe this will be a career killer for Cameron.

He seems quite fragile and subdued personality wise and I believe Eddie has been a major factor in him coming out of his shell. I think if left to his own devices he could regress as a footballer and struggle to find his identity. He’s flaky now but he could become completely unreliable.

I hope I’m wrong as I like the kid but I actually think Brisbane will look back on this as a failed acquisition regardless of what they spend.

You would hope not. If your club didnt want to do a trade because you expect to be down the bottom, no wonder you are down the bottom.
I'd hope the club doesn't trade future picks under some blind idealistic view that we'll finish in the top 8 or something. We're very likely to be in the bottom 4 again (based off age, experience, losing Rocky, etc.) and finishing last again is a real possibility. It's foolish to suggest we should be open to trading our (likely very valuable) future first rounder because we need to "back ourselves in" or something.

Where's the faith?
I don't expect us to finish last again and I'll be disappointed if we do, but I fully expect us to be thereabouts. That's just a reality of where our list is currently at. I'd be pretty confident in saying that our 2018 first rounder will be between 1 and 5. If not, great.

This isn’t a swipe at Brisbane but I genuinely believe this will be a career killer for Cameron.

He seems quite fragile and subdued personality wise and I believe Eddie has been a major factor in him coming out of his shell. I think if left to his own devices he could regress as a footballer and struggle to find his identity. He’s flaky now but he could become completely unreliable.

I hope I’m wrong as I like the kid but I actually think Brisbane will look back on this as a failed acquisition regardless of what they spend.

He's never been completely with it. Waht was with him appealing to the umps on behalf of the oppo when they touched one of our kicks for goal early in the year, but it was missed???

There's a couple of Facebook posts come up saying he has stated he doesn't know how he'll perform for a team he doesn't want to play for.

And also 2 people brought up that he doesn't get along with Eddie's wife.

I wonder what is true or not. I wonder if the general public now are Kane pretenders and just talking s**t.

I don't know what to think anymore of Charlie. Thought he was very loyal and now it's started to unravel.

When a "mate" comes out and guarantees he'll play for us next year then reports come out of him saying "I'll never signed with the crows" makes me want to just say * off to Brisbane and kill your career then.

Hope we get 12 and give him the finger on the way out. I'm fully on board with this Taylor Walker us against the world mentality now. * CC if it's all about money or the boys in Brissy.

Still think Schache and Gibbs will be involved in the Charlie trade, despite denials of interest from Carlton and us.
Some current and future picks swapped as well.

C
Apparently, Charlie has decided to play badly next year, "at a club he doesn't want to be at", if we keep him.
This repeated blackmail line should surely attract action from the AFL, should it not?

Charlie seems to want to make himself look like a bigger flog than Lever.

Trade me to Brisbane, or I'll play like s**t!

What a *****!

Last edited:
2008 I think.
I thought

Shhh! You say this after the trade.

Reckon you could be spot on. Who knows though, he might go up a notch instead.

Has HE actually said that?

Pretty much, This is from the official AFL page.

"However, he's not too sure, based on this year's performances, how he will travel next year knowing that he's playing with a club that he doesn't want to play with."

I suppose there's a chance it could be genuine, but sounds more like a threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back