List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In one breath, he says "all our ruckman have shown they can be #1".

Then he says "we probably can't play all three at once".

Then he says "we expect them all to be here next year".

These statements are contradictory at best.

Package our second rounder and Daw to Brisbane for Schache

We replace him with more of a genuine forward.

Problem solved.

I get the feeling the club has their eye on someone pretty specific for our second round pick, probably hoping O'Brien is there.

In one breath, he says "all our ruckman have shown they can be #1".

Then he says "we probably can't play all three at once".

Then he says "we expect them all to be here next year".

These statements are contradictory at best.

Silly Silly List management.

Daw I'd send Daw anywhere for a token pick, its a waste of a list spot having him there playing the VFL for the 9th year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daw I'd send Daw anywhere for a token pick, its a waste of a list spot having him there playing the VFL for the 9th year.

I agree, but it's no great issue in the current context of our list.

No trade value, only sparse list value. If we land a promising ruckman in the draft I figure he will be gone next year.

I agree, but it's no great issue in the current context of our list.

No trade value, only sparse list value. If we land a promising ruckman in the draft I figure he will be gone next year.

I agree that it isn't a huge issue.

It's just frustrating as a member when we have someone on the list who struggles to contribute at AFL level, yet we move on guys like Hansen who still had a bit to offer.

Why couldn't our list management see that a 3 year deal for Daw was ridiculous.

Hold fire.
I've said along I'll be amazed in all three are at the club by trades end.

We are just talking the talk.

YOU KEEP PLAYING SENIOR PLAYERS AHEAD OF KIDS, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. STUPID ******* CLUB, CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT, SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE GOLD COAST.

*delists senior player to give kids a chance*

WTF, HOW DARE YOU DELIST A SENIOR PLAYER THATS PLAYED 130 GAMES FOR THE CLUB TO FOCUS ON YOUTH, s**t STAIN OF A CLUB.

This is what I keep saying, the AFL's agenda is to make us look as inept and unattractive to everyone (players, sponsors and fans). They want us to have to submit to their agenda and move to tassie permanently and then watch us become the media darlings.
Delist a 31yr old who played 130 games straight, front page app news, delist your 50000 game record holder ( who is 87 ) and 3 of his mates and end up as front page news for weeks and weeks.
Finish 14th after moving on 1 million games experience and we get accused of tanking if we ended up dead last.
Chase Kelly and Martin and get why would they want to go to that rabble and they would be better off staying put or going to the Aints.
We don't get them and now we should be grabbing anyone we can and are seen as desperate.

I agree that it isn't a huge issue.

It's just frustrating as a member when we have someone on the list who struggles to contribute at AFL level, yet we move on guys like Hansen who still had a bit to offer.

Why couldn't our list management see that a 3 year deal for Daw was ridiculous.

I expect he is only on basic coin, and the footy department may not have predicted how thoroughly his limitations were exposed by opposition coaches.

- He has some value as a make shift ruckman, but only for list depth.

- He has been found out as a KPF. His centre of gravity is too poor to be a stationary marking target. He needs to run at the ball. Opposition coaches have cottoned on and now employ players to impede his run.

- He doesn't have the tank to play a Waite type role, which I think is actually his best suited position.

He needs to run at the contest. If he can't do that due to being negated then he doesn't have the flexibility in his game to play seniors.

[Cam Joyce enters trade negotiations with a massive "midfielders" sticker affixed firmly to his forehead]

Still comes home with a key defender and 2 flankers.

Brad: "did you get me the midfield I asked for?"
Joyce:

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back