List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

If adelaide haven't worked out there is a trend of overhyping the TAC and to take a long hard look in their own backyard they never will

That long hard look is for obvious reasons unless you live under a rock

The last two years we could have seen Burton Hayward/ Parfitt and Graham in the team all gettable with the picks we had

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts on Jack Higgins? Very nice little player, would slot into Cameron's role straight up IMO- mainly forward but runs through midfield too. I'd love him if we don't snag Motlop.

TBH I've spent exceptionally little time scouting the draftee's coming through this year. But would love someone in the Sam Powell-Pepper mold. I was red hot on him coming through last years draft and would have been fine using our 1st on him then. Is there anyone that fits that description?

This was the Draft Profile I found for SPP.
A big bodied midfielder with an aggressive mindset and attacking nature, plays crash and bash football and loves to break away from packs, tackle's fiercely and fly's for marks with intent. Negative's can burn his possessions, is still raw with his kicking and needs to work on his tank and 2 way running. Plays like an under developed Dusty Martin.

I mean come on, how did we not jump at an underdeveloped Dusty Martin? All we do is develop players, and none of them we're touted as an under developed Dusty Martin!

All the time we hear about West Coast hiding players in remote WA league and told not to play WAFL so they can pick them up on the cheap....

Would we ever be able to do that with Riverland, Eyre Peninsula etc players? They don't have to be kids more like 21-23 rookies

So pace and footskills, are those you mentioned above Bicks, the ones likely to be available ??

I reckon we are stocked for bigger mids, particularly if Poholke comes along further. 10 is a very solid pick to have
If Fogarty was to go into the midfield though... He would be a monster Mid. Think Andy Otten's size with agility, fend offs and kicking beautifully off both feet.

My issue is if we can give him a forward or back line spot to help him develop. No point picking him up and leaving in the SANFL. Serious question marks over whether he goes mid in time.

Idk if we could possibly develop both him and Francis at the same time imo

If Fogarty was to go into the midfield though... He would be a monster Mid. Think Andy Otten's size with agility, fend offs and kicking beautifully off both feet.

My issue is if we can give him a forward or back line spot to help him develop. No point picking him up and leaving in the SANFL. Serious question marks over whether he goes mid in time.

Idk if we could possibly develop both him and Francis at the same time imo
That's the reason he doesn't make 10

Higgins is a Forward in the Toby Greene mould at the AFL level more so I'd suggest and unlike a lot of the boys has been a full time footballer this year after leaving school last year to concentrate on football and getting drafted, my only worry with him is there as much upside with him as some of the others. This is one super committed and AFL ready player from day 1.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-01/im-just-going-to-outwork-them-draft-hopefuls-creed
I really would not mind Higgins as a Cameron replacement. Adds she serious quality to our small forwards should we pick him up.

Fogarty the higher ceiling everything considered, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the knock on Giro? Size?

Really like Giro, just knows how to find the footy in bunches, a natural footballer, but yeah size probably goes against him though he's 178cm. Kicking can be a little inconsistent though it was surprisingly good in one of the U18 Championship games earlier in the year. I'd rookie him for sure and see how he develops as he's certainly always up for the contest. Been my smoky for this year's draft all year.

Cheers mate. Although what I've seen is limited, he's always looked handy yet never featured prominently on draft boards etc

If adelaide haven't worked out there is a trend of overhyping the TAC and to take a long hard look in their own backyard they never will

That long hard look is for obvious reasons unless you live under a rock

The last two years we could have seen Burton Hayward/ Parfitt and Graham in the team all gettable with the picks we had

Beyond that though, SA has been horrible at developing talent.

I do think we're getting to the point we can start to trust it again, however, you certainly can't blame the club for not focusing on it seeing it's track record.

I do think we're getting to the point we can start to trust it again, however, you certainly can't blame the club for not focusing on it seeing it's track record.
The recent philosophy here has been to develop teams to win underage champs rather than individual talent, which has been left to woefully under resourced clubs

The recent philosophy here has been to develop teams to win underage champs rather than individual talent, which has been left to woefully under resourced clubs

Agreed.

Our u/18 side plays well as a team but has too many good/ordinary players and not those with AFL X factor. That's why there are a minority on top 20 players and most go 30-50. Next year could be different.

Because it's all about Sticks winning national titles. The same guy that said Gore could replace Dangerfield.

Agreed.

Our u/18 side plays well as a team but has too many good/ordinary players and not those with AFL X factor. That's why there are a minority on top 20 players and most go 30-50. Next year could be different.

In the last two years you don't rate Burton Hayward parfitt and graham 3 of which are rising star nominees and the other hurt us badly in the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back