List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one breath, he says "all our ruckman have shown they can be #1".

Then he says "we probably can't play all three at once".

Then he says "we expect them all to be here next year".

These statements are contradictory at best.

Ill translate for you.

No club is prepared to trade anything of any value for our rucks.

They are all contracted thus we are keeping them on the list.

I'd really like us to try to get more picks in the 2nd round.

Almost no chance the AFL ticks it off either... if we worked off a hypothetical that we finish 17th, Adelaide 2nd and Melbourne 5th then there is a differential of about 1300 points in our favour even in this scenario.

Its not clear whether AFL would tick off or not but if STK-HAW trade is any guide I dont see why not.

Heres my pitch to all clubs and the AFL.

North are rebuilding.
We value our 2018 1R at pick 1.
2018 is a super draft.
Pick 1 is worth 3000 pts in a normal draft.
Super draft increases this value by at least 33%.
Our 2018 1R is on the table for the right offer.

Its not clear whether AFL would tick off or not but if STK-HAW trade is any guide I dont see why not.

Heres my pitch to all clubs and the AFL.

North are rebuilding.
We value our 2018 1R at pick 1.
2018 is a super draft.
Pick 1 is worth 3000 pts in a normal draft.
Super draft increases this value by at least 33%.
Our 2018 1R is on the table for the right offer.

It's probably fair enough... I'm kinda of the opinion though we're going to head into next season as a bottom two favourite and I'm happy if that eventuates. Pick one or two in that superdraft is so tantalising and at this stage we already look like grabbing two top ten players anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-13/schache-not-a-priority-for-midfieldfocused-roos

Midfield, not Schache, the focus for Roos
Lee Gaskin October 13, 2017 11:47 AM

NORTH Melbourne has ruled itself out of making a play for Brisbane Lions key forward Josh Schache.

The second overall pick of the 2015 NAB AFL Draft has attracted minimal interest from Victorian clubs during the Trade Period.

North Melbourne's general manager of football Cam Joyce said the club's priority was improving its midfield with its first two picks in the draft – currently No.4 and 22.

"We really like his talent and we liked him in his draft year," Joyce said of Schache on NAB AFL Trade Radio on Friday.

"For us, we're focusing on the midfield.

"We haven't inquired about Josh and we are probably going to look to spend our pennies elsewhere."

Schache is contracted to the Lions until the end of 2019, but the club is open to letting him go and returning to Victoria.

The Kangaroos are interested in Geelong midfielder Darcy Lang to add some outside run to their group.

The 21-year-old has played 44 games in his four seasons with the Cats.

"We've inquired about Darcy and we're still just working through that at the moment," Joyce said.

"Certainly, he wants to have some more midfield opportunities, which certainly we can potentially can provide.

"We'll just work through that over the coming week and see where that ends up."

Former All Australian ruckman Todd Goldstein is likely to remain at the Kangaroos after failing to attract interest from rival clubs.

It means Goldstein, Braydon Preuss and Majak Daw will battle for the club's No.1 ruck spot next year.

"We expect all three to be here in 2018," Joyce said.

"We think they all have the capacity to be the main man and all of them have showed that in fits and starts.

"It's probably difficult to play all three, but it's probably a luxury to have guys that are extremely capable and can come in at any time and fill that ruck role."

Rule #2 of this trade period (after the NO trading of Cunners rule is this one): WE WILL NOT BE TRADING BRAYDON PREUSS.

He is a 10year ruckman in prospect and has all the attributes. Forget his last few games in the AFL season for North: I'm quoting based on what I saw in his earlier VFL games. He is freakishly sized and talented and can impact games big time. If we didn't have him, we'd be wanting to trade for him.

The only way he gets traded is if he expressly asks to leave the club and I haven't seen any indications of that.

It's probably fair enough... I'm kinda of the opinion though we're going to head into next season as a bottom two favourite and I'm happy if that eventuates. Pick one or two in that superdraft is so tantalising and at this stage we already look like grabbing two top ten players anyway.

Yeah I think its fair.

The attraction to trading it would be barracking our hearts out for us to finish as high as possible.

Heard rumours earlier this year that we were keen on Harrison Wigg from Adelaide, a skillful and attacking mid/ half-back who has (understandably) been behind the best 2 halfbacks in the league in Laird and Smith. Anyone heard anything recently? These are his SANFL stats from last year, very impressive even considering it is generally a lower standard comp than the VFL, and he's still only 20. We could use a bloke with his skill level and he'd come very cheap.
3 SANFL Overshadowed by Crouch but played his role in the Crows’ tight win. -
4 SANFL Directed traffic beautifully from half-back and was pin-point with most of his 30 possessions. -
5 Senior emergency.
6 SANFL Always looked dangerous but his goalkicking was wasteful, finishing with 1.3. -
7 SANFL Ran manically all afternoon with 28 possessions in the midfield and across half-back. -
8 SANFL Bye. -
9 SANFL Best-on-ground and probably his best game yet. Commanding with 38 disposals, 13 clearances and nine inside 50s -
10 SANFL Busy in big win with 22 disposals, eight tackles and a major. -
11 SANFL Was solid and had a crack all over the ground but probably not quite at his best. -
12 SANFL Outstanding after a quiet start. Had 30 touches and two goals, including one ripper out of a pack. -
13 Bye.
14 SANFL Well held by the Bulldogs, restricted to only 15 touches. Capable of more. -
15 Hip.
16 SANFL Enjoyed a blistering start before disappearing late but still finished with 25 possessions and six clearances -
17 SANFL Looked good at times but wasn’t able to exert himself during the bloods’ second-half rampage. -
18 SANFL Adelaide’s standout in an otherwise subdued midfield with 27 touches. Game-highs in clearances (eight) and inside 50s (seven) -
19 SANFL Easily Crows’ best again in disappointing loss. 34 touches, 10 inside 50s, eight rebound 50s … can’t do much more. -
20 SANFL Bye. -
21 Senior emergency.
22 SANFL Chalked up 25 touches but was arguably shaded by the Eagles’ engine room. -
23 SANFL Typically polished, tireless performance with 27 possessions and eight tackles. -

Heard rumours earlier this year that we were keen on Harrison Wigg from Adelaide, a skillful and attacking mid/ half-back who has (understandably) been behind the best 2 halfbacks in the league in Laird and Smith. Anyone heard anything recently? These are his SANFL stats from last year, very impressive even considering it is generally a lower standard comp than the VFL, and he's still only 20. We could use a bloke with his skill level and he'd come very cheap.

Yeah I like what I saw in the JLT.

Main stumbling block would be Brodie Smith's knee id imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back