Not open for further replies.

Nev57

All Australian
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
subi
Actually I believe we were 2 to 3 forwards short for a lot of 2017.
LeCras went missing far too often.
Cripps was brought back too early and never got back to a level of fitness where he was close to a Cameron.
Hill was .... even quiet low on production at East Perth.

There's 3 crumbers that didn't really fire a shot this season , it makes it pretty hard , Adelaides main crumber Betts kicked 50 plus goals on his own

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
He may get a lot of cheap goals, but he still has his role and plays it well.

62 goals last year and 40+ in last 4 seasons.
He's a decent player and another cog to their fwd line.
He is also the ruck chop out and takes one of the best Key backs away from mcgovern and lynch . He is much maligned for some reason . plays his role well

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
port ' we are happy to let lobbe look for opportunity at another club '

more like your happy to get his 2 year 1millon contract off your books ! They would want a decent pick for him also . Clubs would be crazy to chase lobbe

No wonder clubs are looking at zac clarke .
Free in draft picks and on low $ .
Also just as good as lobbe

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Significantly faster than Priddis. Comparable levels of turnover merchanty-ness. Had over 10 clearances in 25% of his games this year, averaged 5 tackles per game and 15 contested possessions.

We aren't going to get an A-grader so i'm saying we should prioritise grunt around the ball over a Hartung or Jetta type. We have enough of them on the list already. Cunnington was just an example of a player style I think would bring better balance to our midfield.

Hopefully Tim Kelly will be that player.

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Reading between the lines, he'd be happy to come to us as a FA. Not sure why you believe he cares 2 bits about this.

Meh just about telling a player he is required and likely to be in your best 22 from the word go next year as that is what he is looking for. He nominates the team that says that and then the team isn't happy to pay a 3rd rounder for someone lining up in their best 22 on principle. When a 3rd rounder will likely be pushing s**t up a hill to get a shot at our best 22 next year or the year after or the year after that.

I notice everyone is using his worth to Port as a guide to his value. His value immediately goes up when a buyer comes along says he will get more opportunity with them and the player wants to go to there.

Not really a big issue if everything has been communicated and the player is happy with where it stands but I find it strange that a team will tell you can have opportunities we see big things for you...and then proceed to haggle over middling talent in a draft pool.
I mean say we pay a 4th for him as the player I would always be looking at the special kid that the club had to have in the 3rd round that is obviously going to turn things around.

But as I say if things have been communicated effectively shouldn't be an issue.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sounds like we are willing to give up a fourth rounder for Ah Chee but Port want a third rounder.

Hard call to make because that third round is where some experienced state league players might start to fall.

Can't see us improving in the midfield much right now. Lose 500 games experience and 2 Brownlow Medalists but we aren't being active in replacing them except for what's already on the list.
How do you know we aren't being active? Are you sitting there with the list managment team?

I think you over rated your own side and are blinded by love bro. Spread the love Jenkins is probably a sweet dude

Don't reckon I've overrated them at all, we have a very good forward line. With better delivery we'd kick some big scores.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Meh just about telling a player he is required and likely to be in your best 22 from the word go next year as that is what he is looking for. He nominates the team that says that and then the team isn't happy to pay a 3rd rounder for someone lining up in their best 22 on principle. When a 3rd rounder will likely be pushing s**t up a hill to get a shot at our best 22 next year or the year after or the year after that.

I notice everyone is using his worth to Port as a guide to his value. His value immediately goes up when a buyer comes along says he will get more opportunity with them and the player wants to go to there.

Not really a big issue if everything has been communicated and the player is happy with where it stands but I find it strange that a team will tell you can have opportunities we see big things for you...and then proceed to haggle over middling talent in a draft pool.
I mean say we pay a 4th for him as the player I would always be looking at the special kid that the club had to have in the 3rd round that is obviously going to turn things around.

But as I say if things have been communicated effectively shouldn't be an issue.
So if someone needs to sell their car worth 40 000 and you offer them 30 000 you are a prick then it goes to auction and you buy it for 20 000 . Welcome to the world little fella. We can get Ah Chee for a 4th or via another way. We also need players in the draft. We have 4 retirements. We have to be ruthless. Sorry Port

Eagles midfield design

Cos thats worked so well.

Watched the modern version of a midfield recently?

Stop looking at stats - watch footy

Have you watched footy? We got slaughtered at stoppages the entire year. What is so hard to understand about needing to prioritise players who can win their own footy and apply pressure over players that need to be fed the ball and don't attack the ball carrier when we don't have possession? All the while keeping in mind that they actually need to be attainable and not "let's get Dusty/Danger herp derp derp" suggestions.

2015 - first hands 16 wins led to a grand final appearance.
2017 - no first hands. 12 wins and scraped into finals.

A lot of our midfield weakness can be covered up by having possession of the ball.

By all means go and add imaginary A-graders and kids from the back half of the first round that will dominate in every area of the game in 2018 to improve the playing list.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have you watched footy? We got slaughtered at stoppages the entire year. What is so hard to understand about needing to prioritise players who can win their own footy and apply pressure over players that need to be fed the ball and don't attack the ball carrier when we don't have possession? All the while keeping in mind that they actually need to be attainable and not "let's get Dusty/Danger herp derp derp" suggestions.

2015 - first hands 16 wins led to a grand final appearance.
2017 - no first hands. 12 wins and scraped into finals.

A lot of our midfield weakness can be covered up by having possession of the ball.

By all means go and add imaginary A-graders and kids from the back half of the first round that will dominate in every area of the game in 2018 to improve the playing list.

I agree we do need some better players to get the contested ball.
But we do have Nic Nat coming back who's one of the best at the tough stuff and will massively assist in getting first use with his tap work.

darksquare

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2016
Edgewater
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
port ' we are happy to let lobbe look for opportunity at another club '

more like your happy to get his 2 year 1millon contract off your books ! They would want a decent pick for him also . Clubs would be crazy to chase lobbe

No wonder clubs are looking at zac clarke .
Free in draft picks and on low $ .
Also just as good as lobbe

Lobbe should definitely go to GWS to replace Mumford, and play with his brother Rorye.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you think if Freo or Carlton had a choice out of our front 6 or the crows front 6 you think they would choose ours? Give me a break.

Freo wouldn't recognise a functional forwardline if it slapped them in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back