List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won't be awkward like Chompers and the Twig type of not awkward?

7ae7c536476219734d43df535ac16810

Possibly due to other clubs sniffing.
I can understand that if he was genuine Best 22, but he's never been held in that regard. If they are sniffing, his market value peaking and clubs are willing to trump a 2 year deal ( imo what we should have been giving), then you'd take that and run.

His current deal to me seems illogical.

Edit: scrub that. I forgot his contract was up.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why he was given such a long contract.
When you kick 4 goals in a final that'll happen.

We were all thinking "yes, it has finally clicked"

And then he goes and gets injured in pre-season again and can't stay fit for the 9th season in a row. Unlike brown he needs a full run at it. I've still got a glimmer of hope left...no surrender, no retreat! Go Maj Go

When you kick 4 goals in a final that'll happen.

We were all thinking "yes, it has finally clicked"

And then he goes and gets injured in ore-season again and can't stay fit for the 9th season in a row. Unliike brown he needs a full run at it. I've still got a glimmer of hope left...no surrender, no retreat! Go Maj Go
Don't get me wrong, I've always been a believer in his potential too.

It's probably fair enough... I'm kinda of the opinion though we're going to head into next season as a bottom two favourite and I'm happy if that eventuates. Pick one or two in that superdraft is so tantalising and at this stage we already look like grabbing two top ten players anyway.

LOOK for Adelaide to run at us with 2 x 1st round + 2nd round picks for pick 1-2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a believer in his potential too.
I thought i read we had a 2 year offer on the table but brisbane had 3 years + more money so we had to go up 1 year. Could be mistaken though. With ambassador payments we probably only pay him a small amount off the salary cap. He brings a lot in terms of marketing and his work with the huddle.

Howevet, Scott and myself are at the end of our tether.

This place is boring this year can we talk more about getting Mayne and the pies first 17
Package our second rounder and Daw to Brisbane for Schache

We replace him with more of a genuine forward.

Problem solved.

I get the feeling the club has their eye on someone pretty specific for our second round pick, probably hoping O'Brien is there.

I really want to continue the Daw ride, but I would be very happy with this and Brisbane in the past has shown interest in Majak.

Heard rumours earlier this year that we were keen on Harrison Wigg from Adelaide, a skillful and attacking mid/ half-back who has (understandably) been behind the best 2 halfbacks in the league in Laird and Smith. Anyone heard anything recently? These are his SANFL stats from last year, very impressive even considering it is generally a lower standard comp than the VFL, and he's still only 20. We could use a bloke with his skill level and he'd come very cheap.

We were 100% keen, I think we'll look to pick him up as a rookie if he is delisted by adelaide.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-13/schache-not-a-priority-for-midfieldfocused-roos

Midfield, not Schache, the focus for Roos
Lee Gaskin October 13, 2017 11:47 AM

NORTH Melbourne has ruled itself out of making a play for Brisbane Lions key forward Josh Schache.

The second overall pick of the 2015 NAB AFL Draft has attracted minimal interest from Victorian clubs during the Trade Period.

North Melbourne's general manager of football Cam Joyce said the club's priority was improving its midfield with its first two picks in the draft – currently No.4 and 22.

"We really like his talent and we liked him in his draft year," Joyce said of Schache on NAB AFL Trade Radio on Friday.

"For us, we're focusing on the midfield.

"We haven't inquired about Josh and we are probably going to look to spend our pennies elsewhere."

Schache is contracted to the Lions until the end of 2019, but the club is open to letting him go and returning to Victoria.

The Kangaroos are interested in Geelong midfielder Darcy Lang to add some outside run to their group.

The 21-year-old has played 44 games in his four seasons with the Cats.

"We've inquired about Darcy and we're still just working through that at the moment," Joyce said.

"Certainly, he wants to have some more midfield opportunities, which certainly we can potentially can provide.

"We'll just work through that over the coming week and see where that ends up."

Former All Australian ruckman Todd Goldstein is likely to remain at the Kangaroos after failing to attract interest from rival clubs.

It means Goldstein, Braydon Preuss and Majak Daw will battle for the club's No.1 ruck spot next year.

"We expect all three to be here in 2018," Joyce said.

"We think they all have the capacity to be the main man and all of them have showed that in fits and starts.

"It's probably difficult to play all three, but it's probably a luxury to have guys that are extremely capable and can come in at any time and fill that ruck role."
"We haven't inquired about Josh and we are probably going to look to spend our pennies elsewhere."

Key word probably. Does that mean if the Lions are selling low next week or we get a offer for Goldie we may go for him?

In one breath, he says "all our ruckman have shown they can be #1".

Then he says "we probably can't play all three at once".

Then he says "we expect them all to be here next year".

These statements are contradictory at best.
Surely you need 3 genuine rucks on the depth chart. It's just that usually it's #1, a proven backup, and a developing project. Our project is ahead of schedule so we have 3 we know can play senior footy.

<brad>it's a good problem to have</brad>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back