List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motlop to Port -they might actually stay about the top 4 next year. Couple of very nice ins. If Watts ends up there it's going to take some creative accounting.

Allir was rubbish in the NEAFL, Hayward played 17 games and is just 18yrs old Florent played 9 games and didnt really have much of a impact but did a few classy things he also just turned 19.

What more did you want from a 18yr old and a 19yr old? nothing indicates to me that Horse held them back or anything.

I don't know how many NEAFL games you saw but I saw plenty live and all the streamed games. ALIIR WAS NOT CRAP IN THE NEAFL. In fact I was a bit puzzled why he wasn't getting a game in the seniors. If you want to look for an overrated player try Marsh. he was ordinary at NEAFL level and the last game of Seniors he played was really terrible. Cunningham plays reasonably well in the NEAFL, but definitely not best as he wastes the ball too much, but is woeful in the Seniors toward the end of the season.

If you also want an even bigger non performer you might like to look at our fitness coach. Our fitness levels hurt us all season and I believe our fade outs last year, the last quarters I mean, were due to fitness levels. That is the problem taking on a NRL fitness coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we beat them by 11 goals in the final, the contested possessions were 136-132 our way, hardly seemed to be their issue. However our "grunt" levels were on full display against Geelong so maybe you have a point

Contested possession numbers can sometimes be misleading. If you are constantly under pressure all your possessions are going to be contested. It doesn't mean you actually get to make a telling, or come to think of it, any kind of disposal at all. The other thing is to look at the uncontested possessions, clearances and tackle numbers, especially effective tackles. i think we won all of those. We also won the contested marks, uncontested marks, inside 50's, time inside 50 and therefore kicked a lot more goals.

I don't rate Motlop that highly.

This is the weirdest trade period because I genuinely think nobody is really improving themselves much, us included.

In fact if Brisbane can get Cameron to join Hodge at their club, I'd say they're actually the biggest winners out of this whole trade period.

Port, Essendon and Geelong seem to just be shipping in players because of their talent without really plugging their existing holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back