Kicking Further?

Remove this Banner Ad

chuckafl1

Draftee
Aug 1, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I think my kicking style is quite effective and accurate. For some reason, I cannot kick more than 30m. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to kick further? Thanks in advance

Stretch hamstrings and increase thigh/hip strength.

Are we talking set shots here, On the run, Kicking out?

oyxh2.gif

I know the feeling, 10 years as a full back. Never kicked a goal in my playing days. Goal kicking is over-rated anyway

I've recently gotten back into training to play seniors next year. Haven't played footy since I was 15 and I'm 24 now. Next too no physical activity for the last 10 years outside of 1 season of cricket and basketball which were both 4 years+ ago. Been about a month and a 1/2 now and when I came back I could only kick 25m. Just from kicking it every second day or so got it back up to 30. I'm right on the cusp of 35m now and started weight training yesterday (* I'm sore) so hopefully it will continue to improve. Only thing I can think of that might help if you wanted to try it assuming you dont do it is kicking the ball with your navicular bone. It almost feels like your kicking it on the inside of your foot or your ankle but from what I've seen it's a very good place to kick the ball from. Good luck friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back