Injury Who has the worst old man/woman injury?

Dislocated shoulders. Did them both when I was a kid and now they'll pop out when I sneeze, or once when I was in morocco and the toilet seat wasn't back screwed in properly and slid and fell off with me on it and my shoulder popped and I had to scream for help

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dislocated shoulders. Did them both when I was a kid and now they'll pop out when I sneeze, or once when I was in morocco and the toilet seat wasn't back screwed in properly and slid and fell off with me on it and my shoulder popped and I had to scream for help
Sounds a lot like hyperflexibility, had a client who had that, it's a pain in the ass

My mate has the same issue with his shoulders. He can’t twist a stubborn twist top any more without screaming. I believe this is why he drinks so much. Me and my mates have become experts now in putting them back in. It reminds me of an F1 pitstop.

Last edited:
My mate has the same issue with his shoulders. He can’t twist a stubborn twist top any more without screaming. I believe this is why he drinks so much. Me and my mates have become experts now in putting them back in. It’s reminds me of an F1 pitstop.
Geezzzz, wouldn't it be easier and a lot less pain to simply open his stubbies for him? :drunk::rolleyes::drunk:

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
My mate has the same issue with his shoulders. He can’t twist a stubborn twist top any more without screaming. I believe this is why he drinks so much. Me and my mates have become experts now in putting them back in. It’s reminds me of an F1 pitstop.
Geez, if I had that, I'd pay the money to get the joints tightened up. Sounds like a nightmare. Unless it's not correctable?

Geezzzz, wouldn't it be easier and a lot less pain to simply open his stubbies for him? :drunk::rolleyes::drunk:

* that bloke. He’s 6’6 and as you can imagine doesn’t like the idea of people opening his beers for him.

Geez, if I had that, I'd pay the money to get the joints tightened up. Sounds like a nightmare. Unless it's not correctable?

You know I don’t think we’ve ever asked why he’s never done anything about it. * him. I can open my beers just fine.

Me and my mates have become experts now in putting them back in. It’s reminds me of an F1 pitstop.
This is a glorious description and I'd never thought of it like this before but now I'll never conceive of it any other way

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is a glorious description and I'd never thought of it like this before but now I'll never conceive of it any other way

Yes, I too am picturing a couple of blokes standing around at the ready with pneumatic impact drills.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes, I too am picturing a couple of blokes standing around at the ready with pneumatic impact drills.
I'm picturing those old pitstops in the 90s when half the time, the wheel would get stuck on and 2-3 guys start kicking the crap out of it, then the fuel hose gets detached and sets fire to the whole car, before everything gets drenched in white foam and everyone is sitting around looking embarrassed.

I'm picturing those old pitstops in the 90s when half the time, the wheel would get stuck on and 2-3 guys start kicking the crap out of it, then the fuel hose gets detached and sets fire to the whole car, before everything gets drenched in white foam and everyone is sitting around looking embarrassed.

Knee is my one - tib plateau fracture when skiing and have been dealing with the fallout for 3 years, lots of different opinions and arthritis the latest (at mid 20s).

Not 100% convinced that is right but will wait a bit to spend more $$.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
45. I forgot to add all the broken hearts I've had as a Dees supporter since about 1976.
Yeah I've been following them since the late eighties, saw the 88 GF on TV with my family. I think I was mortified when they didn't win. The nineties produced some reasonable periods, start of the century and obviously up to 2006. After that....well, 2018 looks the year we actually come out of a 12 year abyss.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Heartburn. Wicked bad heartburn...
How bad is that? I hate heartburn. Also can't take a hangover, I always get a horrible hangover when I have a session. Grumpy, tired, pressure headache, nausea. It's always been bad, never got worse with age.

I actually haven't drunk for a while and don't intend to for as long as I can hold off. Got to try and lose 5-8kg.

How bad is that? I hate heartburn. Also can't take a hangover, I always get a horrible hangover when I have a session. Grumpy, tired, pressure headache, nausea. It's always been bad, never got worse with age.

I actually haven't drunk for a while and don't intend to for as long as I can hold off. Got to try and lose 5-8kg.

The worst is when you have 6 beers and wake up feeling like you’ve had 60

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Did the triad in my knee (ACL, PCL, medial) and tore some bone off when the cartilage detached when i was playing soccer in the off season about 10 years ago. In the decade that has ensued, so many issues have come from it. My hammy on the same leg is perennially tight as a guitar string (and needs constant attention otherwise it will go). Once Iget the hammy right, the calf goes if I dont recover properly from a long run or whatever.

Tight hammy led to tight back, that eventually went. So a couple of years' of pilates later and that is manageable now.

One good thing about it all though, is that you learn heaps about your body, how it all works, pain and the different types of pain and which exercises/stretches are appropriate for whatever your body needs. Kinda like when everything in your first car breaks at the same time. You learn about how cars work.

The other big take away from me was that I didn't drink nearly enough water until all this started happening. (Pretty much) everyone should drink more water.

Back