Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Adelaide asking for Zorko in the Cameron deal. God damn they seem desperate, losing that granny has done a number on them. They need to bring something in to sell improvement. As much as I don't want to lose him might be able to make bank a Francis trade.
They expect to get Zorko... that is amazing. I don't want to lose Francis either, but if some decent part of the farm is up for grabs...

With Adelaide in their window I think they would pay overs for someone to cover the loss of Lever or Cameron. An astute club could potentially capitalise on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
Dodoro: "Footscray!! Have you seen the paperwork for the Jake Stringer trade?? I've been looking for a week and a half"

23fN5Pf.jpg

Footscray: "Adrian. Did you check your back pocket??"

CWidQDSUkAAT6BG.jpg

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
With Adelaide in their window I think they would pay overs for someone to cover the loss of Lever or Cameron. An astute club could potentially capitalise on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would be tricky, but as much as I want Francis to stay and become the player I'm sure we all hope he becomes, if it meant getting say Pick 10 or getting someone like Schache in a three way deal with the Lions we'd have to at least consider it.

Adelaide asking for Zorko in the Cameron deal. God damn they seem desperate, losing that granny has done a number on them. They need to bring something in to sell improvement. As much as I don't want to lose him might be able to make bank a Francis trade.
Dayne ******* Zorko - are they serious?

He is twice the player of Charlie Cameron.

As the Herald Sun revealed on Tuesday, the Dogs would then on-trade No.25 and No.30, and potentially their own No.28, to West Coast for pick No.13.

The deal would help satisfy the Eagles’ desire to load up with more picks inside the top-50 of next month’s national draft after four senior player retirements this year including veteran midfielders Sam Mitchell and Matt Priddis.

West Coast also possesses picks No.32
But there could be another layer of the West Coast-Bulldogs deal which could help sweeten the agreement further in the Eagles’ favour before Thursday’s 2pm trade deadline.

If the Eagles get involved in this deal, they have to come out in front (otherwise their is no need for them to bother getting involved). I can't see how they do so, if they give up a first that the Dogs are trying to negotiate for though (especially if it's next years first).

Is this what is being suggested?
Eagles get: 25, 28, 30
Dogs get: 13

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory

Would have had Zorko in the top 10 of players in the competition. Cameron isn't in the top 10 of his position.

Pick 18 is more than fair for Cameron.

WEEVZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Would have had Zorko in the top 10 of players in the competition. Cameron isn't in the top 10 of his position.
The Crows need to stop acting like petulant children, loyalty isn't a one way street and despite what they seem to think these players are people, and these people have families who they obviously want/need to be close to.

They didn't spit the dummy when Dangerfield left for the same reasons, it's wrong of them to have spat it now over Lever and Cameron.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
To just rewind, someone called Trade Radio a good idea and it absolutely is not beyond the first and last day of the trade period. It helps create these ridiculous expectations of DEALS DEALS DEALS

Trade Radio is a fine idea, the way they execute it is the problem, basically a platform for advertising. Long form podcasting would be better, don't mind the idea of Wallaces team by team analysis just wish it wasn't someone so bloody annoying.

Capt Hindsight

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be tricky, but as much as I want Francis to stay and become the player I'm sure we all hope he becomes, if it meant getting say Pick 10 or getting someone like Schache in a three way deal with the Lions we'd have to at least consider it.
Would be lucky to get something between 18-25.
Adelaide is the only club that can take him and he hasn't performed at AFL level.
Rather he stay if Stringer deal gets done for the 2 2nd rds.
Essendon ruled themselves out of Schache and they won't change opinion on that.
Might be able to get a cheap inside contested mid late.

So just a recap, WHEN we get Stringer, we'll have given up 2017 1st & 2nd, 2018 2nd and 3rd for Stringer, Smith, Saad and GWS 2018 2nd? **** me this Dodo bloke goes alright... :wink:
More succinctly, we have bought in 3 best 22 players in a single draft without affecting our position in next years draft.

Look at those shitty 'who had the best draft' threads, years where any club nets 3 best 22 players from the draft are pretty few and far between.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

And we are unrealistic and hard to deal with? (relatively unproven 3rd defender worth 2 x first round picks, run of the mill small forward/outside midfielder worth a top 3 player from the club, next they'll want Aaron Francis for a 3rd rounder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back