Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
Only if you're very naughty
IMG_0490.JPG

Have seen an article on XXXX perhaps closing their Brisbane factory, which they have denied.........but there are rumblings nevertheless.

Where would that leave us I wonder?
Even if it did close I doubt it would change a thing for the sponsorship agreement. Their brand would continue on like normal as Lion have plenty of other breweries down south that can produce XXXX.

From an article:
"A large proportion of XXXX is now made at the Tooheys Brewery in Lidcombe, Western Sydney.
"XXXX Gold is also made at West End in South Australia and in some circumstances even at the Boags Brewery in Tasmania."
http://www.smh.com.au/business/fears-xxxx-brewery-may-closes-its-doors-20170710-gx85dn.html

I largely refuse to believe anything leaked from a union while they're in pay negotiations. The amount of crap that came from the nurses union while my wife's EBA was being negotiated makes me believe this 'news' is nothing but a power play.

Interesting thread has popped up in the jumper discussion subforum about Majestic's Australian arm shutting down all of its web presence. Website is offline, Facebook page doesn't exist anymore... Concerning?

Interesting thread has popped up in the jumper discussion subforum about Majestic's Australian arm shutting down all of its web presence. Website is offline, Facebook page doesn't exist anymore... Concerning?

That'd be hilarious if we lost them after one season.

Cheap gear all round though.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls

Ownership of Majestic Apparel changed hands in April. This might be related?

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ownership of Majestic Apparel changed hands in April. This might be related?
Did Aish buy it.?...you know seeing he is footballing royalty...majestic...see what I did there.

I shall see myself out.

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=dcfeed380185ad74f14aafb42a35767b-1508319876

Brisbane Lions struck by collapse of major commercial partner for second year in a row
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
15 minutes ago

BRISBANE are looking at another massive annual loss after being struck by the collapse of a major commercial partner for the second year in a row.

Naming sponsor Camperdown Dairy International was placed into administration in July after an $83 million collapse.

Camperdown Dairy International paid the first year of a three-year deal last year but haven’t made a payment this year.

The Lions are understood to be trying to recover a debt of $1 million in unpaid sponsorship fees from the company and if they are unsuccessful, their annual end of year financial report is set to detail a loss of around $2 million.

It is understood the Lions are close to announcing a replacement sponsor in the coming weeks for 2018 and beyond.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=dcfeed380185ad74f14aafb42a35767b-1508319876

Brisbane Lions struck by collapse of major commercial partner for second year in a row
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
15 minutes ago

BRISBANE are looking at another massive annual loss after being struck by the collapse of a major commercial partner for the second year in a row.

Naming sponsor Camperdown Dairy International was placed into administration in July after an $83 million collapse.

Camperdown Dairy International paid the first year of a three-year deal last year but haven’t made a payment this year.

The Lions are understood to be trying to recover a debt of $1 million in unpaid sponsorship fees from the company and if they are unsuccessful, their annual end of year financial report is set to detail a loss of around $2 million.

It is understood the Lions are close to announcing a replacement sponsor in the coming weeks for 2018 and beyond.

Not ideal, let's hope that replacement is as close as the sources alluded.

Back