Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I'll miss the little cow that ran around on the scoreboards this season.

I'll miss the ones that run along the boundary advertising screens. It was oddly hypnotic.

I'll miss the ones that run along the boundary advertising screens. It was oddly hypnotic.

That's what I meant to say, lol.

Sad day for the club. R.I.P camperdown.

If it bleeds

Senior List
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Exhibit A: 9th feb 2017- last sentence. Was unfortunate but major issues arose back then.

I can honestly say that have never had any xxxx ( the beer that is ;)) ever in my life....
In saying that VB or as some melbournians call it Vietnamese Bitter straight from the Mekong Delta is rank. But I'm hoping that swanny can do a deal for all lions members.... your shout swanny!
PS awesome pickup of sponsorship - it's great insurance, just a hunch that camperdown diary ain't here for long.

If only we had a car company in Australia producing cars with a lions as their logo....oh wait, it's just closed down forever.
This s**t's getting preemptive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=dcfeed380185ad74f14aafb42a35767b-1508319876

Brisbane Lions struck by collapse of major commercial partner for second year in a row
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
15 minutes ago

BRISBANE are looking at another massive annual loss after being struck by the collapse of a major commercial partner for the second year in a row.

Naming sponsor Camperdown Dairy International was placed into administration in July after an $83 million collapse.

Camperdown Dairy International paid the first year of a three-year deal last year but haven’t made a payment this year.

The Lions are understood to be trying to recover a debt of $1 million in unpaid sponsorship fees from the company and if they are unsuccessful, their annual end of year financial report is set to detail a loss of around $2 million.

It is understood the Lions are close to announcing a replacement sponsor in the coming weeks for 2018 and beyond.

YESSS! Dreams do come true. That cow can just * off forever

HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid

I don't mean to trivialize the situation, but i doubt anyone was a fan of the appointment to begin with, and the cow looked ******* dreadful on the Guernsey. Sucks for the company, but not so much for the club.

braddsey

Club Legend
May 11, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't mean to trivialize the situation, but i doubt anyone was a fan of the appointment to begin with, and the cow looked ******* dreadful on the Guernsey. Sucks for the company, but not so much for the club.
...well, except for the $1mil of unpaid sponsorship fees from this year, and the $1mil of unpaid sponsorship fees from next year. heavy price to pay to get a green square with a cow off the guernsey.

Any chance the AFL might throw us a bone on this one... special dispensation for the collapse of a major sponsor?

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
...well, except for the $1mil of unpaid sponsorship fees from this year, and the $1mil of unpaid sponsorship fees from next year. heavy price to pay to get a green square with a cow off the guernsey.

Any chance the AFL might throw us a bone on this one... special dispensation for the collapse of a major sponsor?

The club wouldn't be in existence if the AFL weren't throwing a few bones.

braddsey

Club Legend
May 11, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The club wouldn't be in existence if the AFL weren't throwing a few bones.
no doubt - but rather than let us carry an additional debt burden for outside influences, they could dip into the big AFL money bag and clear this one. We did the right thing, went and found sponsors etc. The fact the sponsor went bust is probably to do with the quality of sponsor can attract at the moment... but we're working hard to improve in that regard too (obviously with AFL assistance)!
This wasn't an investment that went bad, a coach that got sacked (we got debt for that one too), or a frivolous financial expense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back