Past Dan Robinson - delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon my intrusion, but 5AA reporting we'll be getting Robinson tomorrow

What's he like? Seems like a bit of a whipping boy over here, unfortunately

Not the worst whipping boy around here!

Robinson is a solid role player. Will never be a star but seems to follow the coaches instructions to a tee with no fanfare. He is an elite, albeit one paced runner, has reasonable enough skills and will give his all.

Robinson is a solid role player. Will never be a star but seems to follow the coaches instructions to a tee with no fanfare. He is an elite, albeit one paced runner, has reasonable enough skills and will give his all.
Perfect description!

The only place I can see him going is GC under Dew who would appreciate those assets.
Tomorrow it may get done once GC are finished with the big stuff.
Murray & Robbo are just small fry.

The only place I can see him going is GC under Dew who would appreciate those assets.
Tomorrow it may get done once GC are finished with the big stuff.
Murray & Robbo are just small fry.

I can't see him going to GC. They picked up Wigg today and if they get Weller over the line tomorrow I think that it would reduce their need. And they have players in the reserves like Brodie and whoever they draft this year they would be looking to get games into.

Personally can't imagine why you'd want him or it making sense for him. I may be misreading your midfield depth but if you get Gibbs over the line then I fail to see how he improves his chances of getting midfield minutes, he just becomes solid depth at a different club..... I get a sneaky suspicion he's steak knives in some sort of mega trade involving Adelaide and any number of Gold Coast, Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon, the Bulldogs, Fremantle, GWS and Carlton that we're somehow managing to get ourselves dragged into.

For what it's worth our now two time best and fairest is also a whipping boy here. He is a nothing special player who does his job. I think he plays fairly inside in the NEAFL but has been more outside in the AFL. Adelaide doesn't make much sense to me because I can't see him being a lock in your midfield, he would be better off going to a shitter team.

Adelaide i imagine ROK is behind Robinson? he will get chewed out and spat out in Adelaide.

Would be Francou wouldn't it? I don't get why Robinson would swap the Swans for Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does dan stay for 12 months of NEAFL and get delisted or does he walk to the draft?

I think he will either a) Be delisted and sign for a VFL/SANFL/etc... club after no interest or b) Be delisted and/or traded for a nominal pick.

There is a remote possibility he could become a starting 22 player, but, I think that he is a depth player and that is all.

Oh well. Request trades don't always work out. If ROK and Jude Bolton can't complete a deal/find a suitor it's no insult.

Hopefully he keeps plugging away for us.

Robinson is better than Foote but they are the same kind of player. We have enough grunt and contestedbeasts in our midfield to last us a lifetime, what we need is some class and/or pace on the outside. I'm thinking the Florent, Cunningham, Towers type of players. They will be more important to us winning the flag this year when we start coming up against the likes of Adelaide and GWS in finals who have a far greater ability to spread than we do. I could not name one single Robinson highlight from any of his games, reserves or seniors, whereas I could name a few of Florent's from just his first year.

Doesnt a lot change in 1 year!

You get what you pay for with Robinson - no one else wanted him and he is in our 22 says it all really - always
has a crack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back