News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So Charlie, Zork and Christensen give us a bit of to up forward, that is pretty cool moving forward, something to build around at least given Hipwood looks an absolute star in the making and Ballenden is probably already at the level Schache was (which says everything about how bad a selection for us he has really proven to be).

Had to go out and do a job and missed the last hour, and just finished catching up.
Great reading all the melts, will be interesting to see how many are still posting when the season starts.
Seeing as a lot think we are a s**t club, that is continually getting bent over, and run by a pack of incompetents, it won't be many. So good luck to ya, and I will look forward to our no.1 draft pick and CC running around the Gabba next season, what will you guys be doing?

Can’t believe we paid pick 12 for an average player that is no better than Banfield, Green, Proud or Hooper.

Cameron will be delisted by the time his contract is up and we’ve been bent over the barrel.

In Noble we trust and all that BS:rolleyes:

Can’t believe we paid pick 12 for an average player that is no better than Banfield, Green, Proud or Hooper.

Cameron will be delisted by the time his contract is up and we’ve been bent over the barrel.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the light of us grossly overpaying to get pick 15 off Richmond, I think we caved badly here- especially after all the talk of wanting x amount of top picks. I'd like to assume that this was just a change of tack, but frankly I doubt people coming from elsewhere really understand the circumstances qld afl clubs have to deal with until they get here. Take a couple of years to adjust, and... it's over.
The cycle continues. Hey, maybe things will be different this time.

Glad you added in the rednuts this time to make this a less problematic statement #progress

In the light of us grossly overpaying to get pick 15 off Richmond, I think we caved badly here- especially after all the talk of wanting x amount of top picks. I'd like to assume that this was just a change of tack, but frankly I doubt people coming from elsewhere really understand the circumstances qld afl clubs have to deal with until they get here. Take a couple of years to adjust, and... it's over.

Quentin Hull is tweeting about the harsher, unequal economy Queensland clubs operate under. Pretty good stuff.

Do you understand how the father son and academy bidding works?

Come on.
He's got a better work ethic than Green and s**t loads more potential and Banfield unfortunately couldn't pick up the ball.
I'm not happy with this trade period but it has more to do with Rocky leaving and Schack only being worthy of the pick 25.
My only concern is if he is seen going to Subway for a meatball footlong sub, the Horror.

Can someone explain to me the urgency with which we seemed show with trading for CC? He was coming our way next year for cents on the dollar. I thought we needed midfielders? Our original offer was 18/20 to Adelaide in exchange for a guy who said he was going to tank if Adelaide kept him. I thought we had the whip hand??

Can someone explain to me the urgency with which we seemed show with trading for CC? He was coming our way next year for cents on the dollar. I thought we needed midfielders? Our original offer was 18/20 to Adelaide in exchange for a guy who said he was going to tank if Adelaide kept him. I thought we had the whip hand??
Think we understood we'd be able to up trade our later pick as we didn't intend on using those later picks, or did not want to use them due to the depth of the draft. Therefore 12 became expendable since we could then trade up the draft with later picks. Probably why we also accepted later picks for Schache as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn't have got that sort of compensation if the shoe was on the other foot. Oh well.

Probably not, but that's more a reflection of the disadvantaged position we operate from in the "national competition" rather than the strategy of the club.

Probably not, but that's more a reflection of the disadvantaged position we operate from in the "national competition" rather than the strategy of the club.
That's what I was getting at, yeah. It sucks, but it's reality.
Still not happy about it, but what can you do.

BRAB (and BRAB likes this), i hope you aren't shaking too hard at this deal. :)

A pleasure as always.

I'm glad you've found some joy in this miserable week. Some of us die before we find that so I'm happy for you.

Please refrain from trolling this board or I'll be bringing in the big guns.

Don't feel too bad about losing pick 12 now and we got pick 15.
If we did keep pick 12 it could have potentially turned into another player wanting to go home. Instead we got a player that wanted to come to us. I think this is good for us.

I agree with this 100%. Sick of our good picks going home after 2-3 years, get someone who WANTS to come up here. Better than an unknown pick 12.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back