Bulldogs Josh Schache steal, Lion's blinked again.

Did the bulldogs pay unders for Schache?

• Yes

Votes: 218 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 70 24.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

QLDbeachbabe

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did The Bulldogs just get the steal of trade week paying way under market value for Josh Schache for only pick 25 & 40? This is a great risk move from the Bulldogs and it feels like another Sam Docherty/Elliott Yeo situation that will haunt the Lion's. schache620dogs.jpg

Made the best out of a bad situation. I dont know if he will be any good but pick 2 last year shows the talent is most likely there

Brisbane did everything they could to look after him by the sounds of it, sometimes player welfare comes before "winning a trade".
We're talking about people, not cattle.

Brisbane did everything they could to look after him by the sounds of it, sometimes player welfare comes before "winning a trade".
We're talking about people, not cattle.
There must be something weird happening for a club to trade a former pick 2, two years after they selected him, even when he's contracted. And it's not like he's been so awful that you'd just cut your losses and move on.

Player welfare is one thing. But Brisbane have taken a big haircut on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because he was pick #2 doesnt mean he will definitely come good.

You dont think any number of teams over the draft era would have loved to cut bait with a high pick sooner rather than later?

There must be something weird happening for a club to trade a former pick 2, two years after they selected him, even when he's contracted. And it's not like he's been so awful that you'd just cut your losses and move on.

I think Schache is probably just in a bad headspace. Not in a "I'm sad cos I can't live near Mummy" way, but in a genuine "I'm really going into a dark place if something doesn't change for me" way.

I think there are legitimate compassionate reasons for him to be traded, and Brisbane decided to do the right thing by a depressed young man, instead of being obsessed with 'winning' the trade.

In the future, I'm sure there'll be a time when the Doggies have the chance to repay Brisbane.

funny call from a supporter of a team that just traded a young bloke with no cred for pick 2 !

hard too tell if its unders , if josh responds to being in Victoria its unders if he continues along the same path then its overs

if he does not grow some pig then again its overs, but as mentioned this is about the boys wellbeing this deal both Brisbane and the dogs have got together for his and his familys well being

I think Schache is probably just in a bad headspace. Not in a "I'm sad cos I can't live near Mummy" way, but in a genuine "I'm really going into a dark place if something doesn't change for me" way.
We should hasten to add that this is speculation.

I think there are legitimate compassionate reasons for him to be traded, and Brisbane decided to do the right thing by a depressed young man, instead of being obsessed with 'winning' the trade.
It's not just "winning the trade". It's about getting something fair for a kid who was pick 2. They've decided it doesn't matter. As I said, player welfare is well and good but Brisbane really took a loss here.

In the future, I'm sure there'll be a time when the Doggies have the chance to repay Brisbane.
Is that how it works?

He didn't even play in the reserves GF. The kid checked out months and months ago, I don't think Brisbane could've prevented him wanting out. Regardless of his desire to return home, at least show some endeavour and desire.

Pick 25 was about right for him. You wouldn't think he'd be worth more than that. Maybe he can play, maybe he needs a bit of a reality check.

Back