The Dawes

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2008
Punxutawney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Notts County FC,
Funnily enough I was just coming on to post something about a similar topic. Was talking to a mum whose kids have played in the same junior teams as Nick and Josh. She just described Nick as a really lovely shy introverted kid and Josh very much the opposite. Said he just tears it up and lives and breathes the footy but is pretty out there. Said his mates need to pull him back often but he was just fantastic playing this season

She didnt see it as a problem, just commented. I think it would probably serve him pretty well on the footy field. Sounds very positive. Also mentioned he doesn't need to do it but Daics himself is a great spruiker of his kids ability. Nice to hear.
Have you got Nick and Josh mixed up here? Because from everything we've seen regarding Josh this year he seems like the shy and introverted one.

Have you got Nick and Josh mixed up here? Because from everything we've seen regarding Josh this year he seems like the shy and introverted one.
Thanks for that, put them around the wrong way. Nick is out there.

Going off Josh’s instagram he likes to get out and about.
Yeah but there's a difference between getting out and about and being "out there".

I've always been relatively introverted but that didn't stop me going out out like any other 20 year old back in the day.

Funnily enough I was just coming on to post something about a similar topic. Was talking to a mum whose kids have played in the same junior teams as Nick and Josh. She just described Josh as a really lovely shy introverted kid and Nick very much the opposite. Said he just tears it up and lives and breathes the footy but is pretty out there. Said his mates need to pull him back often but he was just fantastic playing this season

She didnt see it as a problem, just commented. I think it would probably serve him pretty well on the footy field. Sounds very positive. Also mentioned he doesn't need to do it but Daics himself is a great spruiker of his kids ability. Nice to hear.

I confirm.

Even as late as when he played Colts, Josh used his mother's maiden name on social media. His dad was modest about him too. When I did comment on Josh's ability to Peter, his words were: "he goes OK"...

If Nick is an extrovert, then that should help him deal with the mounting hype over the next 2-3 (?) years before we draft him.

I saw him playing kick to kick with his mates during breaks at a VFL game earlier this year, and was transfixed (for all the right reasons:)). Just for fun, he was kicking goal after goal from all angles, egged on by his mates. Quite a few people were watching him, and I think he knew it, but thats OK too. I'm ready for another flashy, confident and ultra-talented player at the Pies.:D

Last edited:

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just found this Tyler Brown article and vid on afl.com. Get excited imo.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-14/another-pie-set-to-roll-off-the-production-line
Tyler’s highlights actually excite me more than Cal’s did. Looks like he could be a bargain - seeing as though he comes with less hype.

Said he just tears it up and lives and breathes the footy but is pretty out there. Said his mates need to pull him back often but he was just fantastic playing this season

Drinking their own bathwater never hurt Eddie Betts or Stevie J amongst others. Those freaks around goals almost need that overconfidence to pull off the impossible.

Can’t wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drinking their own bathwater never hurt Eddie Betts or Stevie J amongst others. Those freaks around goals almost need that overconfidence to pull off the impossible.

Can’t wait.
Agree

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Quote from Hine

"“Both us and Sydney are very mindful on the points equation. It will average out to a late 40s pick ... but our second round pick more than likely won’t be there anyway because we’ve got an academy player ... and another father-son in LWill Kelly who’s starting to trend north in his development as well.”

From the Herald Sun...

Can anyone elaborate on this? Who's the academy player and is he any good? Has anyone seen Will Kelly play yet?

Quote from Hine

"“Both us and Sydney are very mindful on the points equation. It will average out to a late 40s pick ... but our second round pick more than likely won’t be there anyway because we’ve got an academy player ... and another father-son in LWill Kelly who’s starting to trend north in his development as well.”

From the Herald Sun...

Can anyone elaborate on this? Who's the academy player and is he any good? Has anyone seen Will Kelly play yet?

Think the Acadmey KId is Louis Holtz and No I have no Info on Will Kelly

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
Hopefully it’s that; worst case scenario Hine has scuttled our 2018 draft strategy for a Swans rookie, and a father-son prospect whose name he doesn’t even know.
Maybe if we clap maniacally like a North Korean parade attendee it will all be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back