List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Who is everyone hoping slides to our first pick? (Apart from the obvious few who won't make it outside the top 5)

Freo having two picks in the 5 is probably good news for us as they may be tempted to reach on a tall who's in that 5-15 range with pick 5. Could very easily see them picking up Brander/Fogarty or Hayes at 5.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Who is everyone hoping slides to our first pick? (Apart from the obvious few who won't make it outside the top 5)

Freo having two picks in the 5 is probably good news for us as they may be tempted to reach on a tall who's in that 5-15 range with pick 5. Could very easily see them picking up Brander/Fogarty or Hayes at 5.

I reckon they might go Rayner and Brander. They can be ballsy with their drafting.

I think most on here want Hunter Clark for our pick. I also like Lochie O'Brien although his lack of contested game might put off alot on here. He is a laser kick which I think may appeal to us.

If the Nick Shipley rumour is true I wonder if we would consider bidding on him with pick 21. GWS I assume would match as they have 27 and 28, so other than that I'm hoping for a slider out of Sam Hayes, Joel Garner or Oscar Allen.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast

Hopefully Hunter, Brayshaw or Constable.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I just saw the Eagles put up a pic of Snadden and refer to him as a rookie so guessing he is still on the list? Assuming he is, and that we are taking 5 ND picks, this means we have 2 RD picks.

So 7 spots to fill through the drafts.

What mix of types are we after?

I would say that we need 4-5 non-talls and 2-3 talls.

2-3 talls:
tall def
tall forward
project ruck

4-5 others:
2-3 mids
1-2 small forwards or forward/mids
0-1 medium def or def/mid

Still pretty stoked at having 5 picks in the top 40, 5 shots at the "best" 40 kids in the country outside of academy and F/S.

One like = one talented kid drafted

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
With 5 picks in the top 40 we need to brace ourselves that we will be picking a ******* random name no one has ever heard of before. Something Gerrick Weedon-esque.

Heard a rumour that Gerrick has nominated to be picked up again.
Hopefully he lasts to 21, might need to use 13 tho.

Also, can someone put together a summary of the changes so far?
Are we taking 5 or 6 ND picks??

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Five picks inside top 40 plus Ah Chee is very okay ...looking forward to seeing Ah Chee handball incredible
I'm looking forward to Hurn taking a kick-in -> Darling marks, massive handball to AhChee -> massive handball to Rioli out the back -> goal from 4 touches end to end.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm looking forward to Hurn taking a kick-in -> Darling marks, massive handball to AhChee -> massive handball to Rioli out the back -> goal from 4 touches end to end.

That's sounds good can't wait also .....but I'm waiting to see if we use one of our picks on this Pilbara kid that we have been hiding . Nothing like hide and seek.

Hope we draft him we have enough picks .

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Heard a rumour that Gerrick has nominated to be picked up again.
Hopefully he lasts to 21, might need to use 13 tho.

Also, can someone put together a summary of the changes so far?
Are we taking 5 or 6 ND picks??

Rawlings said we were taking 5 from memory. Also the Eagles site left out 69 when they posted a summary. I might try and find the quote from Rawlings.

EDIT:

“To achieve what we needed we felt like we had to go into the future and we get five picks, hopefully bringing in some really good talent.

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
We just need someone with a mullet on the team again

Haven't had a good one since the early 2000s when Cuz & Huntaaaaaaa rocked some gross versions.

Rawlings said we were taking 5 from memory. Also the Eagles site left out 69 when they posted a summary. I might try and find the quote from Rawlings.

EDIT:

So I guess it's:
Butler -> Ah Chee
Priddis -> 13
Mitchell -> 21
Giles -> 26
Petrie -> 32
Hill/Lamb/Wellingham -> 37

39/5/2 moving to 40/4/1.
With Watson moving to 'A' rookie list, does that mean one of Gorter/Snadden has to go as well?

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
So assuming we bring in 5 players through the draft.
And if anyone gets dropped it's likely to be Hill/Wellers or an experienced player.

Our senior squad could have the following players with <10 games.
Draft Pick 13
Draft Pick 21
Draft Pick 26
Draft Pick 32
Draft Pick 37
Daniel Venables
Tom Lamb
Luke Partington
Tom Cole
Josh Rotham
Kurt Mutimer
Malcolm Karpany
Mathew Allen
Willie Rioli
Jake Waterman

That's a fairly exciting list of unproven players, got to think a few of them could really make it.
Personally I've seen enough of guys around the 30-50 game mark in Sheed, Duggan and Barrass to say they will be high quality players.
We'll be hoping 5 or so of these guys can really step up to another level over the next 1-3 years.

Back