List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So where do people see us finishing in 2018?
We gave WC our second rd pick!
And
Where do people see WC finish.. as we have there first rd pick in the so called SOOPER DoOPer Draft.?

We also have Essendon and Geelongs second rd picks.
Dont be expecting them inside the top 20 though.

And lastly we have Freos 3rd rd pick.. worth a bag of doritos give or take.

Moral of story. Im expecting 2 picks at around 10 then 2 in the mid 30s

Rory Sloane and his partner are big fans of Byron Bay, they spend a lot of time there IIRC. Byron’s just over an hours drive from Carrara; comparable to Dangerfield’s commute from Moggs Creek to Kardinia Park.
Sloane’s gettable I reckon.

We will prob have to use our west coast pick (IMO - pick 4/5) on some player that decides he wants to come to Suns but is only worth a second round. And trade our first round for a bunch of later picks

We will prob have to use our west coast pick (IMO - pick 4/5) on some player that decides he wants to come to Suns but is only worth a second round. And trade our first round for a bunch of later picks
West Coast wont be that low. Getting NicNat back is a bigger + than losing the old boys is -. WCE have to be really bad before they start losing lots of those 12 Home/WA games. Like the rest of the comment though. funny :D

West Coast wont be that low. Getting NicNat back is a bigger + than losing the old boys is -. WCE have to be really bad before they start losing lots of those 12 Home/WA games. Like the rest of the comment though. funny :D
They have no midfield now.. they will be down the bottom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

academy player bailey scott has a big choice (along with lions academy player nick Blakey for that matter) elegible to play for 3 clubs - that's a first for the AFL.

Some bloke from BF rankings for 2018

2018 Rankings

1. Max King - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
2. Jack Lukosius - Woodville-West Torrens/SA
3. Izak Rankine - West Adelaide/SA
4. Ben King - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
5. Jack Bytel - Calder Cannons/VIC M
6. Sam Walsh - Geelong Falcons/VIC C
7. Jye Caldwell - Bendigo Pioneers/VIC C
8. Tarryn Thomas - North Launceston/TAS
9. Matthew Green - Sporties Spitfires/NT
10. Ian Hill - Perth/WA
11. Zane Barzen - Murray Bushrangers/VIC C
12. Connor Rozee - North Adelaide/SA
13. Xavier Duursma - Gippsland Power/VIC C
14. Bailey Smith - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M
15. Mitch Riordan - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
16. Curtis Taylor - Calder Cannons/VIC M
17. Tom Joyce - East Fremantle/WA
18. Bailey Williams - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
19. Nick Blakey(NSW) - UNSW/NSW
20. Jackson Hately - Central District/SA
21. Ed McHenry - Geelong Falcons/VIC C
22. Sydney Stack - Perth/WA
23. Isaac Quaynor - OAkleigh Chargers/VIC M
24. Buku Khamis - Western Jets/VIC M
25. Tom Lewis - Sturt/SA
26. Jai Nanscawen - Dandenong Stingrays/VIC C
27. Tom McKenzie - Northern Knights/VIC M
28. Ben Cardamone - Eastern Ranges/VIC M
29. Xavier O'Niell - Oakleigh Chargers/VIC M
30. Liam Stocker - Sandringham Dragons/VIC M

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/d_p_s-draft-rankings-2017-and-2018.1155992/

Started looking at the video highlights for some of the kids - it's enough to give a bit of hope to us GC supporters. I would be happy with 2018 if:

1. Developed a game style with a hard edge
2. Dew started getting some real development in the 2-5 year kids
3. Be able delist Lemmens and Nicholls and retire Rischa and Rosa to open up for the next wave
4. Saw a couple of those future 2nd rd picks to get back up the draft into the top 20 - get 3 kids + Scott and Graham from the GC Academy to really inject some talent and class
5. Lynch sign up for at least another 1 year to see what we can do with some new draftees

If we finished in the bottom 5 which seems highly likely and the WCE can finish bottom 10 then a couple of these kids will certainly be able to come in and help out straight away

Some of the below kids

Izak Rankine

Jack Lukosius

Conner Rozee

Sam Walsh

Ian Hill

As a bit of a guide to how I think 2017 draft class compares to 2018 draft class I would think Rozee (ranked 12) compares similarly to Dow and LDU (who are ranked 1-4 this year)

academy player bailey scott has a big choice (along with lions academy player nick Blakey for that matter) elegible to play for 3 clubs - that's a first for the AFL.

Does he actually get to choose the club he goes to? I thought with academy/father son picks that when a club puts a bid on him, the club with the academy ties chooses whether or not to match the bid. But what happens if all three clubs choose to match the bid?

This is about the best I could find on the situation. I think it depends on which Club Academy the player is in, going by this report.

For many years now, the AFL has allowed clubs to have priority access to father-son players, and more recently the league has allowed clubs in the northern states the same access to players born and raised within certain zones if they’ve been developed through club-run academies.

Does he actually get to choose the club he goes to? I thought with academy/father son picks that when a club puts a bid on him, the club with the academy ties chooses whether or not to match the bid. But what happens if all three clubs choose to match the bid?

Bailey gonna have to nominate club of choice.

Using Bailey Rice as an example - you can google it to get articles that go through it

In short before the draft he got to choose who he wanted to be selected by under the father/son come draft day. Then when he chose St Kilda, he just became like any other F/S or academy player on draft day and when he was selected by another team in the draft it was St Kilda who had the option to match to get him or to pass.

So with Bailey Scott we will know before draft day (maybe 1-2 weeks out) whether he has chosen GC or not.

Hope that helps

Using Bailey Rice as an example - you can google it to get articles that go through it

In short before the draft he got to choose who he wanted to be selected by under the father/son come draft day. Then when he chose St Kilda, he just became like any other F/S or academy player on draft day and when he was selected by another team in the draft it was St Kilda who had the option to match to get him or to pass.

So with Bailey Scott we will know before draft day (maybe 1-2 weeks out) whether he has chosen GC or not.

Hope that helps
Thanks. Makes sense.

Not hearing Sloane, but our 2016 draftees are very close to Tim Taranto and I've heard a bit of buzz that he will come to the club next year if he doesn't get opportunity at GWS
Definitely good friends with Scrimshaw but he alright signed an extension with GWS. No way we would ever be able to get him before 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back