Prediction Guernsey number changes

Remove this Banner Ad

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
the following is the list of all available numbers not including Mumford as his retirement is yet to be confirmed.

Available numbers

#43-#49 unlikely to be used

What are people's predictions?

Mine are as follows

#10 - pick 11

#15 - spargo

#16 - Shipley

#17 - Powell

#25 - Richards

#34 - myers

#43 - honeychurch

I'd like to see some of the higher number highly rated players move up the numbers, and the draftees move to the back of the pack.

We are entering a phase where most of our draftees should be expecting token games for the first year or two only, as at most clubs.

I'd like to see some of the higher number highly rated players move up the numbers, and the draftees move to the back of the pack.

We are entering a phase where most of our draftees should be expecting token games for the first year or two only, as at most clubs.
I thought we did last year, hence my early view on Taranto playing. With the benefit of hindsight I think he was an outlier in terms of ability and maturity though.

I thought we did last year, hence my early view on Taranto playing. With the benefit of hindsight I think he was an outlier in terms of ability and maturity though.
We need more of those outlier types. That’s why I’m happy with trading up the draft order to try and secure an instant best 22 player rather than a bunch of ok players that won’t get games and will move to Carlton.

I suspect Setterfield and Perryman to get a lot of game time this year

We need more of those outlier types. That’s why I’m happy with trading up the draft order to try and secure an instant best 22 player rather than a bunch of ok players that won’t get games and will move to Carlton.

I suspect Setterfield and Perryman to get a lot of game time this year
Agree completely, I suspect we tried to parlay Freo and Carlton to end up with pick three, just didn't work this year.
If Perryman stays as a back there'll be a lot of competition from Kenners and depending on how we play the talls Bunts I think. I also think Leon picks the best players and then works out where they play to some extent though. Love to see more of him in any case

Agree completely, I suspect we tried to parlay Freo and Carlton to end up with pick three, just didn't work this year.
If Perryman stays as a back there'll be a lot of competition from Kenners and depending on how we play the talls Bunts I think. I also think Leon picks the best players and then works out where they play to some extent though. Love to see more of him in any case
The timing of Kennedy and buntines ACL ops means they wouldn’t be available until at least a quarter of the way through the season. Gives Perryman plenty of time to try to make that spot his own along with cumming as his most direct competitor.

Griff and lids are under a lot of pressure to even be best 22 at this stage meaning that Setterfield and Taranto have very strong cases to become starting best 22.

Mumford retiring pulls lobb out of the forward line opening up a spot there as well so I can see a fairly different best 22 to this year forming

The timing of Kennedy and buntines ACL ops means they wouldn’t be available until at least a quarter of the way through the season. Gives Perryman plenty of time to try to make that spot his own along with cumming as his most direct competitor.

Griff and lids are under a lot of pressure to even be best 22 at this stage meaning that Setterfield and Taranto have very strong cases to become starting best 22.

Mumford retiring pulls lobb out of the forward line opening up a spot there as well so I can see a fairly different best 22 to this year forming
:eek:My understandind from an interview with Kenners he was a bout a week behind bunts and they were tracking ok to join the group for the off season, did I misunderstand?
Rory has been rucking progressively more anyway and plays wing at times. He'll certainly have his hands full as sole ruck and spend a lot less time forward though. If we do opt for Dawson the struture could be similar.

THE GIANTS' 2018 AFLW NEW NUMBERS

2 - Alicia Eva
5 - Jodie Hicks
9 - Tanya Hetherington
13 - Cora Staunton
15 - Pippa Smyth
19 - Rebecca Privitelli
20 - Melissa Freckelton
21 - Pepa Randall
22 - Elle Bennett
24 - Haneen Zreika
25 - Maddie Boyd
26 - Courtney Gum
28 - Phoebe Monahan
33 - Tait Mackril

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Nick Shipley wore 51 when playing NEAFL for us, so it would be symmetry for him to get 15

Jack Buckley played in Tom Downie’s 44 when he was playing NEAFL for us, so he might just keep that one.

Dylan Buckley wore 7 at Carlton, so he might just add a 1 to be 17 - but I don’t think he deserves the 17 which has been worn by two fan favourites - besides, rookies usually don’t get low numbers.

Any chance of a swifty being pulled from left field and one of our established players taking one of the vacant numbers and one of the new boys getting a number not on the list.

Greene, Williams and TOJ all started in different numbers to the ones they’re wearing today - and of the past players Smith, Adams, Steele, Barrett, Cornes and Pickett all changed numbers.

Are there any we think might want a new number?

Any chance of a swifty being pulled from left field and one of our established players taking one of the vacant numbers and one of the new boys getting a number not on the list.

Greene, Williams and TOJ all started in different numbers to the ones they’re wearing today - and of the past players Smith, Adams, Steele, Barrett, Cornes and Pickett all changed numbers.

Are there any we think might want a new number?

Perhaps Perryman if he wants a lighter number

Remove this Banner Ad

Back