Analysis List Management 2018 predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there's a whole heap of different issues and players to consider, but this here....

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-01/otten-rallies-around-ellisyolmen

"After a strong season in the SANFL, the 24-year-old travelled to the US for an intense training camp in November to ensure he was in the best shape possible to grab a place in the Crows' midfield."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n/news-story/a1173f4b5e2211555b4ee45ab22157b2

"Ellis-Yolmen had high hopes for 2017, enjoying his best preseason since his selection in the 2011 draft, including a rigorous training camp in the United States."

Recovery video

I know he stuffed his knee in early 2017 (February I think?), but is he still being considered for our best 22 in 2018? Surely he's gotta at least be considered. Not instead of any possible Trade/Draft choices, but as well as. Where we're losing in big games is with contested ball, and Cam Ellis brings toughness and mongrel by the truck load. If we're to keep the likes of Douglas, MacKay, Ratkins, or Otten ahead of Cam Ellis (assuming he's fully fit), then the List Management Department are on another planet o_O.

I know there's a whole heap of different issues and players to consider, but this here....

"After a strong season in the SANFL, the 24-year-old travelled to the US for an intense training camp in November to ensure he was in the best shape possible to grab a place in the Crows' midfield."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n/news-story/a1173f4b5e2211555b4ee45ab22157b2

"Ellis-Yolmen had high hopes for 2017, enjoying his best preseason since his selection in the 2011 draft, including a rigorous training camp in the United States."

Recovery video

I know he stuffed his knee in early 2017 (February I think?), but is he still being considered for our best 22 in 2018? Surely he's gotta at least be considered. Not instead of any possible Trade/Draft choices, but as well as. Where we're losing in big games is with contested ball, and Cam Ellis brings toughness and mongrel by the truck load. If we're to keep the likes of Douglas, MacKay, Ratkins, or Otten ahead of Cam Ellis (assuming he's fully fit), then the List Management Department are on another planet o_O.
Not sure about the toughness or mongrel

Recovery video

He was looking reasonably solid when played a few games of AFL for us. However, with a season ending knee injury, don't hold your breath that he will be a walk up start to be in our midfield brigade for 2018. Even if he trained the house down in the preseason, it would take a miracle for CEY to become a regular for us in 2018. Knee injuries often take time for the body to feel comfortable with full on pace running and match game durability. At best, I think he will become a handy player for us for about a dozen AFL games in 2018.
One would hope a couple of the young mids eg. Galluci/Polhoke etc. will be pushing for regular selection in 2018. More internal competition will mean we continue to improve through the midfield.

Sorry to intrude, but have heard from a very reliable source that Don Pyke has made contact with Claremont re Jye Bolton.

He did win the sandover this year, granted, so am sure that a few clubs have enquired but would suggest strong interest if Pyke is personally making the phone call.

Make of it what you will, just thought you may be interested.

Trust me Greenwood will not have a long career. People on here are overrating him big time. They want a fairy tale story.
We'll soon find out more about Greenwood in 2018. Remember he's still relatively new to the game, so hopefully he can pull it together a la Brad Crouch and remain more durable for next year.

Not sure about the toughness or mongrel

As well as him going to a Mixed Martial Arts training camp in the US (which is tougher than Hell's Kitchen), I've chatted to numerous players who've played against him in the SANFL. They cannot believe he's not been given a Senior Guernsey.
People can question Cam Ellis all they like, good or bad, but the one thing he is not....is soft.

Sorry to intrude, but have heard from a very reliable source that Don Pyke has made contact with Claremont re Jye Bolton.

He did win the sandover this year, granted, so am sure that a few clubs have enquired but would suggest strong interest if Pyke is personally making the phone call.

Make of it what you will, just thought you may be interested.

Not intruding at all. Appreciate the comment.

This who you referring to?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-...dent-of-making-an-immediate-impact-if-drafted

Good, bad, or otherwise....never heard of him. Is he more of an inside (mid) type, outside type, or bit of both?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our current position is:

Out: Lever, Cameron, Wigg, Menzel, Gore, Thompson
In: Gibbs, Gibson, Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77, Pick 109, Pick 127*

*due to our free senior list spot

At this stage, we are probably considering upgrading Greenwood and Keath from the Category B rookie list.

In: Gibbs, Gibson, Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77, Greenwood, Keath

I can't see us delisting another player, unless we want to go one short on the senior list again. I also expect Pick 77 to be used on Jackson Edwards, with us taking 12 and 39 to the open draft.

For this reason I expect Cheney and CEY will be retained. Cheney the most likely to be delisted if we go short on the senior list.

Of the rookies, I could easily see us moving on Beech and Hunter (plus Shaw), then taking three picks in the rookie draft

Of the rookies, I could easily see us moving on Beech and Hunter (plus Shaw), then taking three picks in the rookie draft

Think we went in with a rookie spot vacant this year as well, so we could possibly bring in four rookies.

Our (Cat A) rookie list has looked a bit stale for a while, so probably not the worst thing to do a clean out.

In: Gibbs, Gibson, Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77, Pick 109, Pick 127*

*due to our free senior list spot

At this stage, we are probably considering upgrading Greenwood and Keath from the Category B rookie list.

In: Gibbs, Gibson, Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77, Greenwood, Keath

I can't see us delisting another player, unless we want to go one short on the senior list again. I also expect Pick 77 to be used on Jackson Edwards, with us taking 12 and 39 to the open draft.

For this reason I expect Cheney and CEY will be retained. Cheney the most likely to be delisted if we go short on the senior list.

What's Davis' contract situation ??

Agree on the rookies, only Jars stays IMO. Should take a ruckman in the rookie draft unless we get Coleman-Jones at 12.

Need to move on Beech and Hunter, and bring in some 'speculative' youth onto the rookie list.

Cheney & CEY survive the cut, unless we have any delisted free agents in mind (unlikely).

So, 6 players coming in-:

If Senior List of 40... National Picks 12, 39 & 77 (Edwards) and Rookie Picks 17, 34 & 51

or

If Senior List of 39... National Picks 12 & 39 and Rookie Picks 17, 34, 51 & 68 (Edwards)

Think we went in with a rookie spot vacant this year as well, so we could possibly bring in four rookies.

Our (Cat A) rookie list has looked a bit stale for a while, so probably not the worst thing to do a clean out.

We can either go one short on the senior list, and take an extra rookie; or we can have a full senior list and a regular rookie list.

In 2017 we went short on both lists. We only had Beech, Hunter, Jarman and Shaw on the rookie list and also went one short on the senior list, so we could have had an extra rookie. Although we still had 45 players in total due to 2 Category B rookies.

If we fill the senior list, delist Beech and Hunter, we'll have 3 rookie slots to fill. If we go one short on the senior list with the same rookie delistings, we'll have 4 rookie slots

We currently have 4 players on our rookie list. We're entitled to have 5, because we only have 39 on the senior list.

We currently have 3 live picks in the National Draft, one of which will be used for selecting Edwards as a F/S selection.

My guess is that we will use #12 as a live pick, take Edwards with #39, and pass with #73. This does beg the question of why we bothered to get it from Carlton in the first place.

The other option is to use #39 as a live pick, taking Edwards with #73, and potentially owning points next year. This would give us a full senior list. Owing points next year defeats the purpose of trading for future picks at the expense of 2017 picks.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

What's Davis' contract situation ??

Agree on the rookies, only Jars stays IMO. Should take a ruckman in the rookie draft unless we get Coleman-Jones at 12.
Davis would be on the standard 2-year new draftee contract. Contracted for 2018.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Some interesting free agents in 2018. Who should we target?

Andrew Gaff
Shannon Hurn
Scott Lycett
Jeremy McGovern
Shaun Atley
Andrew Swallow
Lindsay Thomas
Sam Wright
Jarrod Harbrow
Tom Lynch
Tom Nicholls
Luke Dahlhaus