Resource Cats on TV and radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
can we get a summary for those who cant tune in?

It was pretty short...

* Expects Ablett to add 5,000 extra members, as well as 2 goals per game. He was a required player list management wise - along with the fact that we're a people-first club.
* He'll probably have to hang around a bit longer due to recent changes in personel ("we're starting from scratch")
* There really wasn't a place for Lang

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
It was pretty short...

* Expects Ablett to add 5,000 extra members, as well as 2 goals per game. He was a required player list management wise - along with the fact that we're a people-first club.
* He'll probably have to hang around a bit longer due to recent changes in personel ("we're starting from scratch")
* There really wasn't a place for Lang

Couldn't be more pleased with this snippet.

Despite those here who suggest that the GFC is now some sort of vanity project for Cook, I think he is a person of great integrity and acumen who brings an enormous amount of value to the club.

To have him see us through the final chapter of the redevelopment (as well as the next premiership triumph) will be a very fitting way for him to see out his stellar career at the Cattery.

okie dokie, it's got a few Cats games from the 2000s, I've found it good for seeing how the 'group' developed then. I wasn't around to watch them at that time. :)
It says the channel doesn't have any content hence why I said is it a joke. I thought it was a subtle reminder of our disappointing period in the early 2000's.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
sorry, there must be a regional block for you guys. usually I get hit with that, especially for Aus sites. I use Opera browser which has a light vpn feature that gets me through some youtube blocks.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
sorry, there must be a regional block for you guys. usually I get hit with that, especially for Aus sites. I use Opera browser which has a light vpn feature that gets me through some youtube blocks.
Works fine for me. Just about to watch the last quarter from 2011 v the Dees.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching a few of these games, currently on round 19 2008 (vs Melb).
OH MY GOD!
How bloody good was that team! It's pissing down rain and I've watched up to the last minute of the first quarter, score is currently 53-0 and our use of the ball by foot is absolutely sublime. It's raining.... Heavily....
I don't watch much of 2008 even though I do have the dvd purely because we didn't win the flag but sometimes you forget how good they were, when thinking back on how they played you'd normally think "lots of handball and kamikaze run and carry" which is correct but doesn't do just how good they used the ball justice. Comfortably the best I've seen a team hunt and they use the ball.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching a few of these games, currently on round 19 2008 (vs Melb).
OH MY GOD!
How bloody good was that team! It's pissing down rain and I've watched up to the last minute of the first quarter, score is currently 53-0 and our use of the ball by foot is absolutely sublime. It's raining.... Heavily....
I don't watch much of 2008 even though I do have the dvd purely because we didn't win the flag but sometimes you forget how good they were, when thinking back on how they played you'd normally think "lots of handball and kamikaze run and carry" which is correct but doesn't do just how good they used the ball justice. Comfortably the best I've seen a team hunt and they use the ball.
I watched the first half too mate after your post . Bloody hell.
I tell ya what, Mark Blake gets a really unjustified bad wrap from Geelong people. Not fair at all.
Something else is shepherding. You never really see it now from any team. Not just blocking for your man but the full arms out shepherd.
Actually Ablett is about the only player now that I see do it.
Scarlett and Mackie. Just so attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back