MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk summer sports here! 2016/2017 Cricket Ashes series (Women's ashes starts today), A-League, Tennis Australian open and while it's winter over there NFL too and anything else I've missed. Get the summer void fill fix here

Rather chat here than to the crazies on the MB. Discuss away!

Dates (upcoming)

Tennis
Australian Open, Jan 15th - Jan 20th

Rugby
2017 Rugby World cup - Starts Oct 26th
2017 Women's Rugby World cup - Starts Nov 6th

Cricket
Womens Ashes ODI - Today, Oct 26th, Oct 29th
Mens Ashes Tests - Nov 23rd, Dec 2nd, Dec 14th, Dec 26th, Jan 4th
BBL - Starts Dec 9th

Soccer
WCQ Playoff Honduras vs Australia - Nov 11th
WCQ Playoff Australia vs Honduras - Nov 15th
A-League - Ongoing

Last edited:

Basketball needs a mention. Pretty pumped for Melbourne United’s home opener today - the resurgence of the NBL is great for Australian sport.
Sorry forgot basketball

Ashes could be interesting, I've no idea what to expect from England, and we've been pretty flaky for awhile now. Could be a good contest even if it's just because neither team are a power house at the moment

Talk summer sports here! 2016/2017 Cricket Ashes series (Women's ashes starts today), A-League, Tennis Australian open and while it's winter over there NFL too and anything else I've missed. Get the summer void fill fix here

Rather chat here than to the crazies on the MB. Discuss away!

Dates (upcoming)

Tennis
Australian Open, Jan 15th - Jan 20th

Rugby
2017 Rugby World cup - Starts Oct 26th
2017 Women's Rugby World cup - Starts Nov 6th

Cricket
Womens Ashes ODI - Today, Oct 26th, Oct 29th
Mens Ashes Tests - Nov 23rd, Dec 2nd, Dec 14th, Dec 26th, Jan 4th
BBL - Starts Dec 9th

Soccer
WCQ Playoff Honduras vs Australia - Nov 11th
WCQ Playoff Australia vs Honduras - Nov 15th
A-League - Ongoing

Not "Rugby", it's League. The rugby world cup was in 2015 but is actually worth watching. The rugby league world cup is just some Pacific Islands and various regions of Sydney throwing down with the Kiwis, Brits and the actual Australian team.

Also, all of your European football should be coming under that "Soccer" tab.

Mike Ashley has put the club up for sale again, good times

Has Newcastle ever not been for sale since he's owned the club? What else is new...

Has Newcastle ever not been for sale since he's owned the club? What else is new...
Yeah but there are two different issues this time.

1) Ashley is in strife with HMRC.
2) Looks like there may be a buyer.

Not "Rugby", it's League. The rugby world cup was in 2015 but is actually worth watching. The rugby league world cup is just some Pacific Islands and various regions of Sydney throwing down with the Kiwis, Brits and the actual Australian team.

Also, all of your European football should be coming under that "Soccer" tab.
Rightoh then

Regarding Soccer it's more so Australia international and domestic the dates i wanted to point out, not saying you can't talk about it, but NFL didn't get a tab either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southern stars had a pretty close game against England today in the first ODI, was good to watch. Women's cricket has improved vastly over the last few years. Was very good to watch, had a good feel to it and after the standard set today holds up well. Reality is they've got it going now to get it out of the way for the mens, but it really felt like a proper introduction for the cricket season ahead, just saying.

Also i heard Melbourne united sold out their first home game, while i don't like basketball it's good to see it flying, especially after the A-Leauge local derby was a flop, Sydney last night really showed us up in that and i don't like being showed up by Sydney in anything haha

What a night for sh*t sport - do I watch the hackeroos or this hybrid garbage or just tape The Project and watch it back?
1 Soccer
2 Int Rules
3 Family Food Feud
4 Reruns of whatever
15,432,414 Fishcam
15,432,415 The Project

Remove this Banner Ad

Back