MFC Fans Only The One and Only Jack Watts Thread - All Discussion about JW in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod note: Given his propensity to already derail threads, we have decided to act. All Jack Watts post-MFC discussion is to be confined to this thread. This includes game day discussion of him playing at Port, preseason reports, criticism of the trade, or any other Jack Watts talk.

Any discussion of JW outside of this thread will be dealt with harshly.

Club moves Watts on partly to avoid the media's constant questions and blood sucking analysis about him. What will be funny is that every time Watts plays a good game for Port, the media will question why we traded him away, constantly, while conveniently over looking his mediocre games. Media reactions to his performances at Port will be the opposite to when he was with us.

Mod note: Given his propensity to already derail threads, we have decided to act. All Jack Watts post-MFC discussion is to be confined to this thread. This includes game day discussion of him playing at Port, preseason reports, criticism of the trade, or any other Jack Watts talk.

Any discussion of JW outside of this thread will be dealt with harshly.
He’s a disruptive influence.

No wonder we traded him.

I was so angry when I found out he'd been traded for such a low pick.

Then I remembered that I'd been complaining about his lack of intensity for the last 9 years.
Don't worry - It's BigFooty tradition to hold two deeply inconsistent positions.

HE'S SOFT / UNACCOUNTABLE / SPUDDY AND WE SHOULD TRADE HIM!!!

WTF? HE IS WORTH AT LEAST TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry - It's BigFooty tradition to hold two deeply inconsistent positions.

You are spot on with that comment and you couldn't be more wrong.

You are spot on with that comment and you couldn't be more wrong.
I have no idea what you are trying to say but I am in furious agreement with it.

Why do I post after midnight?

I have no idea what you are trying to say but I am in furious agreement with it.

Why do I post after midnight?
Less than one page into the devoted Jack Watts thread and you are already derailing...

Less than one page into the devoted Jack Watts thread and you are already derailing...
You're working under the assumption that at some point I was on the rails.

I'm not a Melbourne supporter, but I'm not looking to Trolling here at all. Just looking to ask some things.

Jack Watts has been Traded out of the Demons, and I'm not at all saying that was a good or bad decision, or that Jack Watts is a good or bad player; I just don't know, either way. I just wanted to get some sort of an idea as to who/why Watts was Traded out, where he was one of your big name players. I'm guessing the Melbourne Coaching staff and/or Management weren't happy with him for some reason or another, but just don't know any real details.

I'm not a Melbourne supporter, but I'm not looking to Trolling here at all. Just looking to ask some things.

Jack Watts has been Traded out of the Demons, and I'm not at all saying that was a good or bad decision, or that Jack Watts is a good or bad player; I just don't know, either way. I just wanted to get some sort of an idea as to who/why Watts was Traded out, where he was one of your big name players. I'm guessing the Melbourne Coaching staff and/or Management weren't happy with him for some reason or another, but just don't know any real details.
He farted on Goody’s pillow and gave him pink eye.

Comments from SEN afl stats on J Watts 2017 season.
Rnd1 1 St Kilda, Chipped in with occasional run in ruck but wasn't a big factor and looked to need the run. 5
Rnd2 Carlton,
Came to the fore in the final term when team needed him with strong ruck work and drifting forward. Key Touches.6
Rnd 3 Geelong
,Threatened at times to be the match winner with 2 goals from the ruck, but tired final term and Cats got on top. 7
Rnd 4 Freemantle,
2 strong marks and a goal out of the square, but to often drifted high up the ground and was out of position,tried though. 6
Rnd5 Richmond,
Forced to ruck most of the game and was brave, but once again ran out of petrol tickets late. 6
Rnd6 Essendon,
Excellent in attack with stints in the ruck. Booted 4 goals and showed a cool head when others were losing theirs. 8
Rnd7 Hawthorn,
A wet lettuce was more ferocious than him at times 5 kicks and a goal is just not good enough for a so called star. 3
Rnd8 Adelaide,
Didn't bother the scoresheet, but did provide a contest every time. 5
Rnd9 North Melbourne,
On a day the team needed him to stand up he was horrid. 4 kicks for the day and he hated rucking against Goldstein. 2
Rnd 10 Gold Coast,
Barely sighted in first hour then came to life and played part in win, but needs to be more assertive. 5
Rnd 11 Bye
Rnd12 Collingwood,
Hands had to be strong on occasions but kicked 2 pressure packed 2nd half goals.6
Rnd 13Western Bulldogs,
Helped break the game open in the first half and ended up with 3 goals. Sat out last 20 minutes with hamstring soreness. 7
Rnd14 Hamstring injury
Rnd 15 Hamstring injury
Rnd16 Hamstring injury
Rnd 17 Hamstring injury
Rnd 18 Port Adelaide,
Horror game in his 150th. Fumbled early mark and that seemed to sap his confidence. Needs to compete stronger. 2
Rnd 19 North Melbourne
Lacked intensity in attack when he had to turn up. Nowhere near his best after return from injury. 2
Rnd 20 GWS,
Poor first half then lifted a touch. Some of his "chases" were ordinary though. 4
Rnd 21 VFL,
Got plenty of the ball after being dropped with 22 possessions. Just one goal and no tackles.
Rnd 22 VFL, Just one goal but did some encouraging things after being dropped.
Rnd 23 Collingwood, Back from a stint in the magoos and was lively in front half. Went into ruck at stages. Took 9 marks. 6

This is one of nine seasons with MFC and 2016 was a better year but to be honest pick 31 was a win for us in my opinion even paying 15% of the contract to Port Adelaide.

It's been well covered as well as well discussed on this and other boards. I'm sure the answers to your questions are only a google search away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back